British Speedway Forum
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon 4/6/16

Just had a quick look at this thread and I can't say I'm that surprised about Swindon cheating again.

All sorts went on last season, first with dodgy guests and then rossiter admitting on TV they only lost meetings to get ward in. It didn't take long for the cheating to start again this season pulling the underperforming tungate after 2 rides on Thursday claiming he wasn't fit when he completed all his programmed rides the following night.

What I am surprised about though is the reaction of the Swindon fans. Last season Zagar wasn't available for Belle Vue after a big crash on TV (ie the injury wasn't fictitious like tungate) and had several 'bags' of blood drawn off yet some Swindon fans were up in arms, coming out with all sorts and trying to take the moral high ground, onion was particularly noisy.

Not much high ground being taken over tungate, more like back in the gutter again.

#typicalswindonagain

If tungate rides elsewhere while missing Swindon matches in the next few weeks then you may have a point ....Zagar rode elsewhere while missing Belle vue matches so him having bags of blood never seem to effect him come gp time ...my point always been the same either your fit to ride or your not ..in Zargar case he choose to decide when he was fit .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Doyle should of been excluded in heat 3 and it was an awful decision by the ref that cost Leicester.

It was clear Doyle return was not a welcome back by the lions fans and it looked like he got angry with sections of the crowd.

The meeting was good and a bigger crowd, I thought I saw tungate on the victory parade.

Swindon use of R/R at Leicester won the match.

What happened to Doyle saying he would never ride for Swindon or rosco again ?

I was right next to the incident on bend 4. Summers who was leading started to go out of shape , Doyle laid down his bike because he thought Summers was going to fall, although he recovered & didn't go down, his actions caused the race to be stopped , so IMO the ref got the decision spot on.

;) I can see that going down very well at BL police station, I'm sure they would dispatch a number of officers to the incident straight away.

I do not think they would send anyone. But if reported they have to follow it up, says so in the law. Go check it out,

So now we gave a Leicester fan threatening to go to the police because Doyle gestured the crowd.

For Heaven's sake!!

• Like 1

I do not think they would send anyone. But if reported they have to follow it up, says so in the law. Go check it out,

Thanks for your advice. However, I have more pressing matters to deal with.

Attended this meeting as a neutral last night and it seems to me there were a few points in answer ...

1. Referee was correct in that Summers locked up in front of Doyle causing Doyle to fall - no contact however - so 50/50 call - still probably the right exclusion.

2. Doyle got some pantomine booing at first but then showed himself up by gesturing to the crowd - especially so to one individual on the back straight who gave hime a few mouthfuls I think ! Doyle reacted and kept reacting throughout the match - good rider but needs to keep his personal demeanour in check as ther were a lot of kids present on the night.

3. Lions lost the match - not because of Tungate issue - but because both Aaron Summers and Davey Watt were effectively just passengers on the night for whatever reason.

4. For the Lions - Klindt, Hougaard and Lindgren were excellent ( Ludo's unfortunate ef in Heat 2 perhaps proving costly too ) whilst Doyle as predictably brilliant with solid back up from Sedgmen et al ... hope Morris not too badly injured - didn't look to bad a fall as he slid in to the fence but the those sort never do ?

Cheers

• Like 1

So now we gave a Leicester fan threatening to go to the police because Doyle gestured the crowd.

For Heaven's sake!!

Where did I make a threat? Said he could be in trouble if someone did? So are you saying what he did was ok then?

Where did I make a threat? Said he could be in trouble if someone did? So are you saying what he did was ok then?

Forget it..........life's to short.

People love to come up with this rubbish on here. They example you give of Zagar being one. Another classic was Poole were 'cheating' because Newman wasn't wearing goggles, when clearly that would have put him at a disadvantage.

No, you're missing the point. If he had stopped to put goggles on he would have been excluded under the two minute warning. Instead he rather foolishly rode without them and scored two points that ultimately proved to Poole's winning margin overall.

Of course he was handicapped by riding without goggles but the cheating was him avoiding a time exclusion by riding illegally in the heat.

Sorry it's off-topic but I couldn't let that one pass.

This is Not a Wolves thread but you still want to stick your worthless stupidity on a thread that doesn't concern your team, you really are like many say the number 1 troll.

And your posting on a Wolves thread last week? ???

Troll by name, troll by nature.

I feel sorry for the sensible Lions fans, what an embarrassment.

As for the result, bad luck to the Lions. They are certainly trying hard and showing they can put up a decent fight when all the riders pull together.

No, you're missing the point. If he had stopped to put goggles on he would have been excluded under the two minute warning. Instead he rather foolishly rode without them and scored two points that ultimately proved to Poole's winning margin overall.

Of course he was handicapped by riding without goggles but the cheating was him avoiding a time exclusion by riding illegally in the heat.

Sorry it's off-topic but I couldn't let that one pass.

No, it is you who is missing the point.

He should have been excluded. The ref got it wrong. But that is not the same as cheating.

• Like 1

And your posting on a Wolves thread last week? ???

Troll by name, troll by nature.

I feel sorry for the sensible Lions fans, what an embarrassment.

As for the result, bad luck to the Lions. They are certainly trying hard and showing they can put up a decent fight when all the riders pull together.

Steve you need to stop your constant following of my every post then you make yourself look a numpty.

Let's see how long it takes before you reply to my next posts.

I wasn't there, but from the descriptions on here I'd say it is exactly what speedway need more of to stop it becoming a sport watched by 200 people in deck chairs supping on flasks of coffee.

Edited by grachan

Steve you need to stop your constant following of my every post then you make yourself look a numpty.

Let's see how long it takes before you reply to my next posts.

you forgot to like your own post. ..again.

• Like 1