British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolves V Coventry Mon 6th June 2016

Plus it was me that said it!! Lol. You just agreed :D

You said it because you knew what i would be thinking! I really hope Coventry are in the league next season though,the rivalry between the two clubs has been terrific over the years.

Don't you just love the assessment from our team manager that we need some away wins, no shi*t Sherlock, you will have a long wait.

• Like 2

Wolves aren't 'working any system'.

They signed Peter Karlsson to replace Mikkel Bech, a rider with a higher average. As PK has a lower average than Howarth, he starts at reserve. Nothing to do with 'working a system'.

He won't be there for long.

• Like 2

Don't you just love the assessment from our team manager that we need some away wins, no shi*t Sherlock, you will have a long wait.

What you need is team changes. Loved Havvy as a rider but as a team manager the jury is still out.

I'll bet PK isn't riding for £50/60 FTR pay structure.Complete joke.

PK hasn't replaced a FTR something many don't seem to understand.

PK has replaced Bech who isn't wasn't a FTR.

It just so happens have his average is lower than Howarth who IS a FTR.

The joke would be allowing the reserves to stay in that position for ever more meaning any progress is meaningless when not facing stronger riders.

The joke is the BSPA for rushing thru the rules on FTR getting true averages yet leaving them with inflated averages due to still having 2 protected rides.

Kurtz, Pedersen, Klindt, Woryna have or are due to ride in reserve NOT because they are FTR.

• Like 1

The joke would be allowing the reserves to stay in that position for ever more meaning any progress is meaningless when not facing stronger riders.

True enough. The other joke is allowing them to build inflated averages which catapult them into a heat leader role for which they are wholly unprepared, thus undoing at a stroke any previously established gains in confidence.

A poster on another thread, apologies for forgetting his/her name, suggested that such riders should be pegged at second string berths for now, a suggestion which seems IMHO to have merit although not without its own complications.

• Like 1

True enough. The other joke is allowing them to build inflated averages which catapult them into a heat leader role for which they are wholly unprepared, thus undoing at a stroke any previously established gains in confidence.A poster on another thread, apologies for forgetting his/her name, suggested that such riders should be pegged at second string berths for now, a suggestion which seems IMHO to have merit although not without its own complications.

Absolutely.

Correct progression is from reserve to second string irregardless what the average is. Plus keeping the race format the same is helping to inflate the averages also.

Revert back to previous format (as used in PL/NL) with no protected rides plus at the end of the season take out the protected rides as those counting towards their inflated averages to give a much truer real average.

It will be a lot of hard work to sort however that hard work should have happened before the start of the season instead of rushing it in with blinkers on.

A truly stupid comment, even by your low standards.

The Swedes don't use a 'protected' race formula that is supposed to keep reserves away from heat leaders, thus they don't produce blatantly false averages for reserves who only face second strings and reserves while heat leaders have to race mainly fellow heat leaders and some second strings as in the Elite League.

Surely it's not that hard to understand that false averages are being created and riders being promoted prematurely?

Are you deliberately misunderstanding this rather simple point in order to back up the Poole promotion and their colleagues on the BSPA or are you genuinely unable to understand?

Either way I'm concerned for you.

As has been said many times (and seemingly ignored) riders do need to progress into the teams - BUT NOT THIS WAY!

In Sweden the race format creates relatively false averages by also having two reserve races but the reserves certainly don't have 'soft' rides in their other races as they do in Britain. I rather suspect that only a handful of posters here follow Swedish speedway or understand its nuances anyway so are unlikely to comment on their race format and averages.

Now, if this still isn't understood, and my goodness I've tried to dumb it down enough for you, perhaps you need to consult with your Speedway Star seller when you finally get round to staging another meeting?

Sorry to have to puncture your complacency again but I am heartily sick of the way Poole and its mouthpieces try to twist this sport, always pleading innocence and incredulity that anyone should question them. Some of us can see right through it though. Unlike yourself I have no party line to toe these days, thankfully. Been there, threw away the T-shirt in disgust.

The problem at Poole is you are so experienced in feeding the world utter bull you've clearly begun to fool yourselves!

Oooohh someone has a bee in their bonnet!!

I made no reference to Poole in my post and am fully understanding of the EL rules this year. My point was merely aimed at those bleating about PK returning and slotting initially into a reserve berth. The comparison with Sweden was merely to illustrate that they too - no matter what the race format - can have 'top' riders in a reserve berth who can take extra rides if required.

As much as I may not like the rule - either in EL or in Sweden - it is nevertheless allowed under the current racing format for any team to utilise - nothing to do with Poole specifically at all. Unless you mean that as I'm a Poole fan I'm not entitled to an opinion?! :mad:

As you clearly have some sort of problem with anything/everything Poole, I feel sorry for your bitterness. I cannot begin to understand the frustrations in your life as a one-time announcer who stopped being heard - for whatever reasons?!

A bee in your bonnet?? Seems more like a pain in the neck.

Keep taking the tablets and stay off your keyboard so late into the night!! :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

the whole reserve draft rules are a joke, the protected heats cause inflated averages for the top draft riders....the problem lies with them being allowed to move up into the main body

at the moment the top draft riders are in a sort of limbo land , scoring haevily in reserve but struggling when in main body

yes some have gone straight into heat leader roles and thats a joke , but i think even going up to number 2 they are still struggling

imo theyve tried to progress the system too fast ,

it really is a joke when youve gone from nl riders at reserve one year = to having karlsson, bech,pedersen,etc at reserve the next

they have to go back to the draft as it was last year, the cream will rise to the top and progress naturally ,

• Like 1

The draft was designed to bring riders on and progress but all thats happening is riders are scoring for fun in reserve then struggling when going up, denting their confidence and then dropping back down again.

Garrity had the right idea (for himself, maybe not his team) by riding in the 1-5 and look at his progress now, another level above most of the reserves (Steve Worrall apart)

• Like 1

Adam will be at reserve

Bjarne will be at reserve from Monday

I dont think anybody is blaming Wolves as it was pointed out many times this would happen throughout the season. I for the life of me just cant understand why we didnt go that route. Neil could you please explain?

• Like 1

ooH You would all be spitting out your dummies if this was Poole (Matt Ford) having PK at reserve.He won't be there long but Wolves are just using the current rules like everybody else does.

• Like 2

PK hasn't replaced a FTR something many don't seem to understand.

PK has replaced Bech who isn't wasn't a FTR.

It just so happens have his average is lower than Howarth who IS a FTR.

The joke is the BSPA for rushing thru the rules on FTR getting true averages yet leaving them with inflated averages due to still having 2 protected rides.

Kurtz, Pedersen, Klindt, Woryna have or are due to ride in reserve NOT because they are FTR.

The joke is that Howarth is an FTR but that's not Wolves fault.

Totally agree with you ... PK & Bjarne !! ..Our sports gone mad !!

[/quo

te] totaly agree

but its reasonably quiet as its wolves and P.K

when its B.P at poole...get ready for the noise

MATT FORDS CHEATIN AGAIN

ooH You would all be spitting out your dummies if this was Poole (Matt Ford) having PK at reserve.He won't be there long but Wolves are just using the current rules like everybody else does.

Why would we?