British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Glasgow Tigers Pl 9-6-16 7-30pm

I know it's only Monday but thought I'd get it underway as it should be an interesting meeting for discussion.

Ironic that Big Bens debut is against the team who released him and he will hopefully get a bagful of points to show them they made a mistake.

Other than that I would say both sides are very evenly matched until we get to the reserve births but we all have our own opinions on that.

All being well however if we can provide a decent racing surface I think it will be one not to miss and we should see some very competitive racing.

Over to you.

• Like 1

I'm gonna say if the track was like it was between heats 3 to 8 on Saturday then we will win by 20

I'll bring the sweets....

1. Danny King © 9.27

2. James Sarjeant 4.58

3. Nico Covatti 7.74

4. Morten Risager 7.04

5. Ben Barker 7.70

6. Paco Castagna 3.13

7. Oliver Greenwood 3.00

Ohhh look Ben at 5 😉

• Like 1

Thought you were all sweet enough as it is!

Well, I'm not, according to some jaundiced, stuck in the past, one eyed Dennis Sigalos fans - just putting it out there like..... :-)

So plenty of mick and pix please Beer Hut. Banana flavoured as much as possible too, as it counts as one of my five a day in this old befuddled brain.

I will, if invited, be joining the Ipswich 2016 BSF Massif on Thursday, as long as I get back from Sheffield on time, as I am heading up there tomorrow for a couple of days, to visit a nephew whose 40th Birthday I missed due to my illness and, a Billy Sanders fan from back in the day that I have not seen since 1987, when I transported my sorry ass off to New Zealand.

I have the remnants of a big band set of instruments, which has been decimated by the Suffolk FA Junior Cup Final, where I handed out six vuvuzelas to some nice young men from Northgate High School, including Mr Crapman, who was far from his name as you could possibly be and a future star of ITFC (that's another football reference, sorry Baldy), and a miss-judged visit to the Belstead Arms on Friday where I lost my maracas (some tnuc knicked them (and I know who it was) and my remaining vuvuzelas bit the dust. So I need to replenish to create a 'musical' back straight atmosphere on Thursday. So, similar to Beer Hut, does any one have a request for a musical instrument for me to bring along and for them to 'play' (I.e. make a noise with) for the Weegies match (that's me adopting The Scotsman's position, as he will be notable for his sad absence)?

Let me know, otherwise I will see you there on Thursday - and yes, I will be driving 'Lenny' my new SEAT Leon for the first time to Foxhall, having taken him to Hoddesdon on Saturday, where I witnessed the best speedway meeting that I have seen since 1985. I will not bore you - or make you feel jealous, on this Witches match thread but, boy, if Foxhall could serve up a meeting as half as good as the Rye House v Berwick match, then we would all go home very happy and buzzing.

See you on Thursday, hopefully - massive hangover from a Wednesday evening, not seen you since 1987 Adam White reunion, and the vagaries of the A1 and A14.

Can you bring a double extra large double bass please. You alright carrying that? Oh and a full set of steel drums.

I'm sure I even heard someone say that it's fun now watching altogether

Edited by baldyman

I know it's only Monday but thought I'd get it underway as it should be an interesting meeting for discussion.

Ironic that Big Bens debut is against the team who released him and he will hopefully get a bagful of points to show them they made a mistake.

Other than that I would say both sides are very evenly matched until we get to the reserve births but we all have our own opinions on that.

All being well however if we can provide a decent racing surface I think it will be one not to miss and we should see some very competitive racing.

Over to you.

No rain this season please . Had a very nice curry last May in Ipswich , but I want to see the speedway this time . Ben looked much quicker , on Sunday , than he has done all season . So that makes a fixture marked as a potential away win an awful lot more difficult .

Because you can be sure Ben will be bursting a gut on Thursday . Still it should be a cracker of a meeting and I'm looking forward to it .

• Like 1

Tuba please.... and I don't mean of the smarties variety!

Tuba Toothpaste?

No rain this season please . Had a very nice curry last May in Ipswich , but I want to see the speedway this time . Ben looked much quicker , on Sunday , than he has done all season . So that makes a fixture marked as a potential away win an awful lot more difficult .

Because you can be sure Ben will be bursting a gut on Thursday . Still it should be a cracker of a meeting and I'm looking forward to it .

You're always welcome to come and say hello to us BSF gang in the back straight stand if you want some banter and have absolutely no idea what the announcer has to say for himself..

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Tuba Toothpaste?

You're always welcome to come and say hello to us BSF gang in the back straight stand if you want some banter and have absolutely no idea what the announcer has to say for himself..

If you cant understand the announcer , you've no chance with us haha . But I will do if you tell me where on the back straight

We are the mob that's half way up the seating on the back straight dead in line with the starting gate.

Consisting of

Myself.

The Bald one, usually wearing a red cap.

Pob.

Secondbendbeerhut, man with pick and mix.

Dontforgetthefueltapsbruv.

Macca56,when no Rye meeting on.

Various other random bods and occasionally the Scotsman who might even be on our side if he attends given the opposition.

Maybe see you there.

• Like 1

Can you bring a double extra large double bass please. You alright carrying that? Oh and a full set of steel drums.

I'm sure I even heard someone say that it's fun now watching altogether

Yep, no worries. Do you want your double Bass in a stein or two pint glasses? One of my favourite pints is a Bass.

Steel drums may be more difficult as I am told that there is a decibel level per instrument set by the "inner sanctum", so may have to pass on that, sorry Baldy. What about a cow bell made of steel?

Tuba please.... and I don't mean of the smarties variety!

Tuba Toothpaste?

You're always welcome to come and say hello to us BSF gang in the back straight stand if you want .

Beat me to it SB, Tuba toothpaste it is, though I did think at first that you wanted one of my tumours that they removed a few months ago....?

Yes Paul co, the more the merrier buddy. It is a good craic with the massif....

Edited by macca56

Drumsticks would do for both the pick and mix and the musical ensemble.

• Like 1

We are the mob that's half way up the seating on the back straight dead in line with the starting gate.

Consisting of

Myself.

The Bald one, usually wearing a red cap.

Pob.

Secondbendbeerhut, man with pick and mix.

Dontforgetthefueltapsbruv.

Macca56,when no Rye meeting on.

Various other random bods and occasionally the Scotsman who might even be on our side if he attends given the opposition.

Maybe see you there.

Please accept my apologies for absence.

I would dearly have loved yelling obscenities at weegie riders / fans / management and watching ippo give them a right good humping but unfortunately I have been in Edinburgh trying to strengthen the mighty monarchs this week and will have to miss this one.

Come on the witches!

Don't worry brother from a different mother, I should be able to carry the East Lothian Unathletic torch for "macca56 and The Scotsman on Tour 2016" for the Witches versus Weegies match.

If you read this, can you text me your e-mail address please, as Ian Bush has kindly e-mailed me some images of us on tour in Hertfordshire. Also, your heat sponsorship has now moved from EoES to Rye and I have a rare first edition copy for you, lol.

Edited by macca56