British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Glasgow Tigers Pl 9-6-16 7-30pm

When you are staring the possibility of your team closing down and having 2 wks to raise enough funds and new investment to keep your club in existance then reading all the crap you post about your team baldy it gets pretty boring,wake up man your not so bad off speedway nowadays isnt about winning its about surviving. I wonder if you deserve a team to support sometimes

• Like 1

To be honest I couldn't give a monkeys if I had a team either. Like most people I would soon find something else to do. And there is a reason why clubs close down or nearly close down, and that reason ain't me. Like many many people I've had enough of it now to. You can all shove it. Speedway has only lasted so long cos of idiots like me.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

If you dont give a monkeys why do you constantly moan,bottom line is you do care but you need to stop slagging every thing off lighten up you might just enjoy your speedway

• Like 1

No seriously I'm done and I must thank you for helping me make that decision. See you are good for something, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

• Like 2

This site has got very boring with the constant winging of Baldyman and the very odd postings of Macca who says he supports Rye House but keep making very odd ramblings on the Ipswich page. Perhaps he is still living in the past. Why does he keep posting on this forum and keep bringing up the death of the late Billy Sanders. Perhaps the two of them will be happy if Speedway finishes in Ipswich

• Like 4

If you dont give a monkeys why do you constantly moan,bottom line is you do care but you need to stop slagging every thing off lighten up you might just enjoy your speedway

Lewy, I think you are bang out of order having a go at Baldyman like you have, as you haven't a clue who he is, what his background is, what he, along with everyone else, has to put up with at Foxhall each week, the number of away meetings he attends, the distance he travels, the money he has spent. IMHO, Baldy has every right to post whatever he wants to, in whatever tone he chose to. If you don'the like what he posts, why read it and then why bother wasting everyone's time posting comments about how you feel about Baldy's comments. In fact, keep your nose out and keep your comments to something that you may actually know something about young man. Baldy was hugely supportive of Plymouth's plight, and all you can do is slag off his posts. Pointless waste of everyone's time.

This site has got very boring with the constant winging of Baldyman and the very odd postings of Macca who says he supports Rye House but keep making very odd ramblings on the Ipswich page. Perhaps he is still living in the past. Why does he keep posting on this forum and keep bringing up the death of the late Billy Sanders. Perhaps the two of them will be happy if Speedway finishes in Ipswich

I beg your pardon? I don't think that you have any idea what you are posting about. How dare you say what you have about my posts and comments about the late great Billy Sanders. I have said that I support Rye House have I? Wrong! Why do I keep posting on this forum? On this forum? Do you mean this Thread? If anything, both Baldyman and I are the most passionate speedway fans that anyone could meet, and Ipswich speedway in particular. I will consign your post to the bin of wasted effort, both in terms of content, knowledge and understanding, bandwidth and time wasted reading and replying to it. Total numb nut of a post. Arrogance and ignorance is not a pleasant combination. Edited by macca56

Lewy, I think you are bang out of order having a go at Baldyman like you have, as you haven't a clue who he is, what his background is, what he, along with everyone else, has to put up with at Foxhall each week, the number of away meetings he attends, the distance he travels, the money he has spent. IMHO, Baldy has every right to post whatever he wants to, in whatever tone he chose to. If you don'the like what he posts, why read it and then why bother wasting everyone's time posting comments about how you feel about Baldy's comments. In fact, keep your nose out and keep your comments to something that you may actually know something about young man. Baldy was hugely supportive of Plymouth's plight, and all you can do is slag off his posts. Pointless waste of everyone's time.

I beg your pardon? I don't think that you have any idea what you are posting about. How dare you say what you have about my posts and comments about the late great Billy Sanders. I have said that I support Rye House have I? Wrong! Why do I keep posting on this forum? On this forum? Do you mean this Thread? If anything, both Baldyman and I are the most passionate speedway fans that anyone could meet, and Ipswich speedway in particular. I will consign your post to the bin of wasted effort, both in terms of content, knowledge and understanding, bandwidth and time wasted reading and replying to it. Total numb nut of a post. Arrogance and ignorance is not a pleasant combination.

Who do you think you are? You are not the font of all speedway knowledge you think you are and i dont care who baldy is or what hes done or where hes been,his constant slagging off of everthing ipswich speedway is very tedious i;ve pointed this out and a few people agree its not personal its based on what he posts.

I dont think baldy needs or wants you to defend him so you keep your nose out and try not to be so patronising

• Like 1

Who do you think you are? You are not the font of all speedway knowledge you think you are and i dont care who baldy is or what hes done or where hes been,his constant slagging off of everthing ipswich speedway is very tedious i;ve pointed this out and a few people agree its not personal its based on what he posts.

I dont think baldy needs or wants you to defend him so you keep your nose out and try not to be so patronising

Coooooool, expected typical response, utilising expeessions such as: "who do you think you are"; "you are not the font of all speedway knowledge"; "keep your nose out"; and "try not to be so patronising".

Brilliant and thank you Lewy, as I have won my bet with my younger son, Dean (who is named after Billy Sanders' late son - that's if it's OK with everyone if I mention "his" name on here, as it appears from another post that I have reached my Forum quota (apologies, I did not realise that there was such a thing) of mentioning "the deceased, ex Witches Aussie speedway rider's" name in my posts).

I am obviously so stuck in the past that, when I blow the cobwebs off my purifying body, I cannot see anything past 23 April 1985 - despite the fact that since then I have attended speedway in countries spanning half of the world's circumference, and have personally sponsored speedway riders such as Dave Jackson, Glenn Baxter, David Bargh and currently (as per my signature) assist, in a very minor way, Cameron Heeps and also sponsor both Heat 12 and Heat 14 at Team BMR Rye House Rockets.

No, I am not bragging or trying to act all Billy Big (Blue) Bollox, I am simply stating facts, if that then leads you on to surmising that my post is "patronising", then, I am sorry Lewy old chap, you are incorrect.

Does, my good friend Baldyman need me to fight his corner, I would doubt it as, despite being follicly and slightly vertically challenged, I would make a guess that my good friend would most likely win 99% of any amateur BSF Boxing, ju jitsu, karate, tae kwando, mixed martial arts, wrestling, arm wrestling, or any get down get with it, I get knocked down and I get up again, fight to the death, pistols at dawn, sword swallowing, male pi55ing competition you care to enter the 2016 BSF Ipswich Massif Pit Bull in to. What he may lack in hair and height, my friend, would make up for in heart, spirit, endeavour, Never Say Die (Lester Piggott's first Derby winner), plucky little British underdog, will power, and enthusiasm. The exact qualities in fact that appear to me, and others that I know, that the 2016 Ipswich tru7.com Tippers 'R' Us Witches 1 to 7 have been lacking to date.

To be honest, if you stood next to me, I wouldn'the know you from a bar of soap, but I have read some of your posts and I have formed an opinion, be it right or wrong, that you are a newish speedway fan and that in that short space of time you have become passionate about the sport, support in word and deed and don'the mind sticking your head above the parapet on here and post with your heart followed by your head ( unlike some who just post on an assumption that there balls are bigger than anyone else's). In fact, you are my type of speedway supporter and, no doubt, I would respect the cut of your gib, young sir. So, I respect your right to post on whatever thread you chose to, in the way that you feel fit - and in this case you appear to have come out scrapping like a certain Australian rider, God rest his tortured soul, that I am no longer allowed to mention due to a quota that I was unaware of.

So kudos to you Lewy, and extra kudos for you coming out fighting again in the second round. Now, as all BSF scraps are now listed as amateur, they are currently held over 3 rounds only, so, particularly due to my age and decrepit, almost deceased, body, I am hoping that we can call this as an honourable draw on points with the contestants and seconds all shaking hands and congratulating their opponent on an excellent, skillful, spirited little bout which allows them to move on with respect for each other.

Unlike some on here, I treat all posters with the respect that I would hope to be shown by others - a mantra that I have held true to over my 60 years on this little, beautiful planet.

Do I have a right to post as I feel fit, within the bounds of this forum's rules and the greater boundaries of common decency, Yes, the hell I have. Do I have the right to defend a good friend and a similarly stupidly passionate speedway fan, Again, Yes, the hell I do. Will I continue to do so, Yes, of course I will. And likewise, you should do too, young man.

Do I expect "Baldyman" to now give up his passion for speedway, a passion he has held since 1976, TBH, I don't know. I certainly hope not, because speedway needs more people like Baldyman. People who care about the sport and, when they see something wrong, are not scared to post their thoughts, feelings and "justified" opinions about the scenario. Opinions that sometimes, when listened to and acted on, actually go a long way to enhancing the sport and helping it survive in the 21st Century.

Enjoy your speedway Lewy. Never lose that passion and, keep posting. Whenever your team, or rider, races against my rider or team, I hope that we can stand next to each otherm favoured beverage in hand, and exchange our views and opinions face to face, as I believe that we would both enjoy that and we might both learn something new, which is never a bad thing. All the best, buddy.

• Like 1

I have also been attending speedway since 1976 so not as young as you think! I would have a beer or two with you and share our views face to face if our paths do cross,you never know i might come up when the devils are your opponents enjoy your speedway 👍

• Like 2

I have also been attending speedway since 1976 so not as young as you think! I would have a beer or two with you and share our views face to face if our paths do cross,you never know i might come up when the devils are your opponents enjoy your speedway

Well I never, macca56 totally wrong again, lol. Not the first and definitely not the last time. Yes, great stuff and I would really like that Lewy. All the best to you buddy. I have just PM'd the bald one who, hopefully, will reconsider his speedway exit decision.

No seriously I'm done and I must thank you for helping me make that decision. See you are good for something, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Didn't you say the same thing last season?

• Like 1

I very much hope to be able to aim the megaphone at Baldyman at the next home meeting and give him a blast of 'vehicle reversing'

• Like 1

When you are staring the possibility of your team closing down and having 2 wks to raise enough funds and new investment to keep your club in existance then reading all the crap you post about your team baldy it gets pretty boring,wake up man your not so bad off speedway nowadays isnt about winning its about surviving. I wonder if you deserve a team to support sometimes

Spot on Lewy