British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Threat To The Elite League

1 large PL would worry me. Personally I would be fine with it. I love the PL racing.

But there are alot of people I know and see on social media etc that are EL snobs.

The EL clubs fans will half at most.

Come on Phil, make your mind up. lol

It’s completely wrong to suggest there hasn’t been any kind of talk of politics in the PL this season, the rules and regulations are just as mental as the EL given that it is pretty much the same rules and regulations written by the same governing body….

Peterborough alone has been a bit of a shambles this season before you even consider issues with tape exclusions and Edinburgh’s constructive team change… Scunthorpe's weekly oddities re assessed riders arriving and departing..in depth moaning about the track prep at Berwick and Glasgow…

When it comes to the politics of the sport there is no EL/PL it is simply Speedway politics

It’s completely wrong to suggest there hasn’t been any kind of talk of politics in the PL this season, the rules and regulations are just as mental as the EL given that it is pretty much the same rules and regulations written by the same governing body….

Peterborough alone has been a bit of a shambles this season before you even consider issues with tape exclusions and Edinburgh’s constructive team change… Scunthorpe's weekly oddities re assessed riders arriving and departing..in depth moaning about the track prep at Berwick and Glasgow…

When it comes to the politics of the sport there is no EL/PL it is simply Speedway politics

Explain how Peterborough alone have been a bit of a shambles

Explain how Peterborough alone have been a bit of a shambles

From a politics/rules standpoint…

They signed a FTR who probably shouldn’t have been eligible given the criteria and his previous PL average (which was referenced when the rule was originally introduced), they then declared their side with a rider (Cook) who wasn’t actually eligible to race for them, if a “regulated body” had allowed that to go it would have kicked up an utter stink as you would expect them to enforce rules rather than relax them in the interest of British Speedway. They now have a declared FTR reserve in their 1-5 despite the idea of “protected heats” a position now filled by a Czech rider who was initially signed by a side on a 7.00 average.

A lot of this is to do with fan understanding of rules, as it is in the EL and it isn’t meant as a dig at Peterborough as such simply showing that it is complete nonsense to say this kind of thing only goes on in the EL.

• Like 1

No fans most of the time ..as had been say we keep what a great product it is but the crowds are dipping below 400 at some tracks ..if don't to el matches how would know if the racing was better ?

the racing could be better in the elite league than the premier, but i can say as fact that the racing certainly isnt worse in the premier.

Its just there is so much politics in the elite league, guests, double uppers, edr riders that quite simply i would prefer to stay premier

the racing could be better in the elite league than the premier, but i can say as fact that the racing certainly isnt worse in the premier.

Comedy post of the year.

Speedway is full of politics for ALL leagues.

It's crazy if anyone really believes it's only the EL that is poorly run and full of self interest.

It's always the EL that gets the bad press but some must be blinkered to truly believe that the PL and NL are problem free. They aren't.

Comedy post of the year.

what are you going on about??

Oh do you think that better riders makes better racing?? Stop talking out your backside.

You can have a great meeting at any level, elite league, premier league or national league.

Ive seen some shocking gp's and some great national league racing

I dont get your point or you just trolling for a reaction.

Do you think tracks like Somerset and Peterborough for example dont provide good racing???

Coming from someone who supports one of the worst tracks currently its a bit rich to say that premier league racing cant be as good

Speedway is full of politics for ALL leagues.

It's crazy if anyone really believes it's only the EL that is poorly run and full of self interest.

It's always the EL that gets the bad press but some must be blinkered to truly believe that the PL and NL are problem free. They aren't.

I agree to an extent but having sen my club in both leagues i feel there is less of an issue at premier league level

Edited by Gavan

I agree to an extent but having sen my club in both leagues i feel there is less of an issue at premier league level

Less maybe, so that makes it slightly less corrupt. Nevertheless still corrupt.