British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Rye House V Newcastle Premier League 11/06/2016

Meeting starts at 5.30-6pm, finishes prior to the football kick off and the Rye bar makes a killing from showing the game. Although having a pub a stones throw away may be the reason for this not being done in fairness.

The long bar has been demolished. The top bar is inadequate.

It's a shame about the long bar shads, it was one of my pre meeting haunts. The stadium does have a sparse feeling about it now, the improvements can't come soon enough.

Not just competing with the football tonight but the sgp as well. Maybe a Sunday Raiders match would have been a better option for this weekend.

Personally will prefer to watch the high lights of the football at 10-35 pm on BBC 1,,, Speedway is more important to me...

• Like 3

Personally will prefer to watch the high lights of the football at 10-35 pm on BBC 1,,, Speedway is more important to me...

Me too... Will whizz through the GP before the football highlights.

Is Palovaara riding?

Edited by Shads

Is Palovaara riding?

In the GP? Nah. 😅

• Like 1

In the GP? Nah. 😅

Not this one anyway

Is Palovaara riding?

where at full strength according to Newcastle website tonight shads enjoy your speedway

where at full strength according to Newcastle website tonight shads enjoy your speedway

Cheers. Saw he was RR on Thursday and thought he may be injured

Cheers. Saw he was RR on Thursday and thought he may be injured

k had Swedish meeting so did Lindgren

Thunderstorm here in south essex flooding every where you could not run a speedway meeting here, time ten past four ,whats it like near the track ??

Thunderstorm here in south essex flooding every where you could not run a speedway meeting here, time ten past four ,whats it like near the track ??

Steve Jenson posted on Facebook 25mins ago that the meeting is on.

4.30pm One mile from track and still dry and mild. A bit cloudy but no problem for speedway at present.

looking towards track from our back garden (we're half a mile away), the sky looks pretty dark

Radar has the rain splitting up before it hits the track with the main part passing to the south and the lighter part dying out before it passes to the north.