British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

To be fair to Mockingjay, you could put a decent argument together for the inclusion of Harris who has always raised his game for the World Cup when selected and is a better rider than Cook, Lambert or King.

Nicholls however I can't see any justification in including him at all.

Nicholls was rubbish more often than not even at his peak, even sometimes in earlier rounds. He'd have had to have been having a great season before I'd have considered him. Even with hindsight I'd have not used him.

Harris on the other hand, with hindsight couldn't have been any worse than Lambert but I said it was the right decision before the meeting and I'm going to say now that Harris wouldn't have scored 10-12 need for us to win so the experience for Lambert will be of far more use than the 2 or 3 more Harris may have scored.

People seriously still looking at reasons Harris should of been!! Dreadful on the big stage, terrible at NSS i really cant see a case for him at all, dont think he would have scored nore than 5,

• Like 2

Nicholls was rubbish more often than not even at his peak, even sometimes in earlier rounds. He'd have had to have been having a great season before I'd have considered him. Even with hindsight I'd have not used him.

Harris on the other hand, with hindsight couldn't have been any worse than Lambert but I said it was the right decision before the meeting and I'm going to say now that Harris wouldn't have scored 10-12 need for us to win so the experience for Lambert will be of far more use than the 2 or 3 more Harris may have scored.

But just think of the experience Lambert has gained. He will have learned a tremendous amount from this Meeting and it will stand him in good stead for the future.

I would say that sadly both Harris and Nicholls are now past the learning/improvement point.

For me, even if Lambert had scored no points at all he would have been an investment for the future - the fact that he got his three points is a bonus.

The future is Woffy and Lambert. Some were arguiing that Rosco should go for youth over experience, he did in Lambert's case and, to my mind - in picking Lambert - he got it right.

Sadly I think it is time for the old brigade to move over to give the 'young guns' a chance to develop.

EDIT: Oops!! - I just read your Post again and I have repeated your last comment SCB. Sorry about that. :oops:

Edited by The White Knight

'Bang on about' it isn't the same as 'banging the drum for' someone, lol!

When I asked you for your team I didn't expect you to say Nicholls after putting him down for most of the thread, you didn't quite put him down as far as saying he shouldn't be near the team though but it does look like a desperate attempt not to look dim.

So you're playing fantasy speedway?

Harris for Lambert if Cook and King are in the team, but they shouldnt be near the team? Nicholls if its a good day even though you dont see him as a serious game changer or a guy who springboards Team GB to a 3rd,2nd or 1st, unlike the team you said rossiter didn't get spot on?

I've no doubt that whatever the rules of fantasy or real speedway are, rossiter did in fact get it spot on and you didn't even get close.

Like a dog with a bone....a stupid dog

Hmm... Who is it with nearly double the number of posts in this thread compared to anyone else in the last few days and most of them self contradictory, ill conceived and quite stupid?

Whoever it may be is certainly very determined to show everyone how stupid they are, lol!

That advanced search feature does come in handy when looking for the answer doesn't it, ha ha!

Yeah it's definatley not clingy to count posts and crow about advanced searches.....

Don't blame me for your inability to interpret and read things brains