British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V King's Lynn Friday 17th June

The forecast between 6pm-8pm looks awful though.

If it goes ahead Bees should win comfortably. Dont think Lambert has had a good EL meeting at Brandon yet but Kings Lynn will need him to support Iversen if they are to get anything. Batchelor om a wet track??

Edited by woz01

Nothing wrong with the Speedway Star I particular like it when Travel Plus pop it in their brochure and then get people to buy it. Now that is clever 😀

• Like 1

Was always doubtful with the forecast ahead and the downpours we've had the last few days.

Was always doubtful with the forecast ahead and the downpours we've had the last few days.

But they have made the wrong decision

It's looking like the wrong decision at this point based on today's weather so far. A couple of miles from track and no rain since early in the day.

It's taken a hammering this week though and if the gypos are still on the car park they might not want the hassle of guarding a much busier car park than last Friday.

Have they? How can we possibly know that? Have you seen the track? The amount of rain fall we've had in the last few days it would have been heavily waterlogged. We are one of a few clubs that gives meeting a chance where possible so i guess they were sure it wasnt retrievable. Heavy showers from 7pm according to accuweather too.

It's looking like the wrong decision at this point based on today's weather so far. A couple of miles from track and no rain since early in the day.

It's taken a hammering this week though and if the gypos are still on the car park they might not want the hassle of guarding a much busier car park than last Friday.

They left yesterday by all accounts.

No rain since this morning and been warm, sunny with blue skies. Lovely night for speedway but I guess it depends how much damage was already done with rain from the last couple of days as it was torrential.

That's the problem with early call offs although the bbc never had any rain forecast but some others did. Pity as it seems ages since our last meeting.

Edited by mdmc82

They left yesterday by all accounts.

Given the state of the place last Friday they'll need a while to clear all the rubbish and excrement up before they let people back on to some parts of the car park.

Have they? How can we possibly know that? Have you seen the track? The amount of rain fall we've had in the last few days it would have been heavily waterlogged. We are one of a few clubs that gives meeting a chance where possible so i guess they were sure it wasnt retrievable. Heavy showers from 7pm according to accuweather too.

It's dry all night

It started pouring down in Coventry about 10mins ago

Edited by mdmc82

Had my dinner look out the window and my garden is soaking wet again and still raining.

It's never the wrong decision at the time we make it - but occasionally hindsight may make it seem so.....

No promoter postpones a meeting willingly, not only do we incur costs for today but also have to find a suitable re-staging date.

• Like 3