British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Coventry Mon 27th June

I can't for the life of me see what all the fuss is over watching England play football. I hate the game and England never seem to win anything anyway.

Most of the players in this country are from foriegn shores , since they started coming over here they started to make all the English lads look rather mediocer. You can always record it or watch the highlights anyway.

Should have stayed with the 7.30 start, put a big sc end so all the sad football fans could sit and watch the match, that way they get speedway and football, both at the same time.

As I said can't see what all the fuss is about, 11 men kicking a bag of wind about.

• Like 2

I can't for the life of me see what all the fuss is over watching England play football. I hate the game and England never seem to win anything anyway.

Most of the players in this country are from foriegn shores , since they started coming over here they started to make all the English lads look rather mediocer. You can always record it or watch the highlights anyway.

Should have stayed with the 7.30 start, put a big sc end so all the sad football fans could sit and watch the match, that way they get speedway and football, both at the same time.

As I said can't see what all the fuss is about, 11 men kicking a bag of wind about.

I hope your recovery from being kicked about by 11 men is not too drawn out!!!! :wink::D

• Like 1

The fact that the meeting will be run swiftly usually makes it a more attractive proposition.

Dragging a 15 heat meeting on for 3 hours in the mistaken belief that the longer you're in the stadium the more entertainment you've had is a common problem these days.

I wonder what will happen if the sun is shining? Will they forget all about sun breaks this time? :) I agree with flagrag anyway. It's just made things worse by starting at 6.30pm. If they were going ahead with the match it should have been at the normal start time to give everyone the chance to get there if they wanted to. Now he's made it too difficult for the majority of Coventry fans to travel so the attendance will be even worse.

But it's not about you is it?

It's about all of those who enjoy a bunch of blokes riding round in circles as well as a football match.

I find it so sad the way people have to belittle other people's sporting interests. I suppose that's what you get reading a bunch of blokes spouting rubbish on a forum.....

I love speedway but also enjoy several other sports. There are plenty I don't though but I respect the rights of others to enjoy them.......or on TV, news (bunch of people saying words), drama (bunch of people saying other people's words), soap operas (bunch of people saying other people's words over and over again). or TV itself (bunch of dots whizzing round a screen).

• Like 2

BATES RULED OUT

Friday June 24, 2016

COVENTRY will be without British Under-21 Champion Josh Bates for their Elite League fixtures next week.

Bates crashed at Sheffield on Thursday and was deemed to have suffered from concussion, meaning a mandatory nine days on the sidelines.

Bees are considering their options for a guest in Monday's trip to Leicester, with squad member Adam Roynon unavailable due to Workington's televised Premier League match at Berwick.

I don't think a 6.30 start will encourage more people to go, probably have the opposite effect. Traffic is pretty bad at that time of evening. Most people will give it a miss. It's a shame because it will probably be a decent meeting.

I don't like to get into the politics of speedway. It's their business and up to them what they do.

All I can do is look at it from a personnel point of view. If a meeting appeals to me enough I will make the effort to attend, if not I wont go. Obviously the night they have chosen is far from ideal. Football and Speedway on sky along with a 6.30 start .

Think I'll give this one a miss . but will definitley be there for the last ever Leicester vs Coventry in August

• Like 1

Think I'll give this one a miss . but will definitley be there for the last ever Leicester vs Coventry in August

Me too. I'm going on Monday also, be nice if anyone else on this forum would let us know they're attending, might be a bit crap on my own

When we have a junior in number 1 for Kasprzak. That'll be fun!

• Like 1

Me too. I'm going on Monday also, be nice if anyone else on this forum would let us know they're attending, might be a bit crap on my own

If that is the case they will be able to introduce you to the riders :D

• Like 1

If that is the case they will be able to introduce you to the riders :D

I know. At this rate I could get roped in to doing the announcements, grading the track or being official timekeeper as I'll have the place to myself

I know. At this rate I could get roped in to doing the announcements, grading the track or being official timekeeper as I'll have the place to myself

You missed off being the referee, come on do the job properly :lol:

I don't know anyone who is going,several people I know who attend work till 5.30-6pm so would never make it, I can't do Monday's

You missed off being the referee, come on do the job properly :lol:

Didn't want to mention the referee. Touchy subject round these parts. Somebody might hit me with a whopping great fine.

• Like 1