British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Birmingham Saturday 1st July

Champions 2016 just let you get on with it after the Mildenhall fiasco seems like you can do what you want in the NL lol----except when we wanted to bring in Richard Hall :icon_smile_clown:

You could bring in Greg Hancock if you like but our 'trick track' will defeat him too if posters are to be believed. Look forward to our coronation in September.

You could bring in Greg Hancock if you like but our 'trick track' will defeat him too if posters are to be believed. Look forward to our coronation in September.

Your track curator will wear the crown well :lol:

Your track curator will wear the crown well :lol:[/quote

Damn right, arise Sir Robert of Dugard. We will get him a golden tractor.

Well if it's 4 days before how did I turn up to the IOW meeting a few weeks back to find hopwood guesting for IOW without knowing that when I left the house?

• Like 1

Lovely sunny and warm now, looking forward to an exciting meeting I think it will be too close to call,hopefully good crowd & speedway will be the winner. Good luck to young Tom

Eastbourne: Sunshine capital of the south

Trick track? We like it riders just need a bit more level of skill to race it!!!!

Safe trip down Brummiestormer

Well if it's 4 days before how did I turn up to the IOW meeting a few weeks back to find hopwood guesting for IOW without knowing that when I left the house?

The thing is you do declare your team before hand and it can't be changed unless there's injury/illness in the side. Though it appears that Eastbourne have made a tactical change, due to Stoke being called off, but they wouldn't be allowed that unless Hunter is unable to ride due to injury/illness etc.

The thing is you do declare your team before hand and it can't be changed unless there's injury/illness in the side. Though it appears that Eastbourne have made a tactical change, due to Stoke being called off, but they wouldn't be allowed that unless Hunter is unable to ride due to injury/illness etc.

it's going to go 1 of 2 ways then either they say Hunter is ill or has work commitments or we end up having 5 riders

I do love the denial shown by Eastbourne supporters. The fact is you do have a (to use the popular vernacular) a trick track. Everyone knows it. The riders know it. YOU know it. You can argue all you like, as some have, that it just takes more skill to ride and therefore your riders are just more skillful, and that is certainly an opinion. I however would counter that what it really takes is familiarity, which as a home track comes with the territory. This is backed up by Eastbourne having a worse away record than its closest rivals. Something that won Birmingham the league last year and will probably mean that both Kent and Birmingham will finish the league season above Eastbourne.

Then of course come the play offs and things change. Is that fair? Doesn't matter if it's fair or not, its the rules. I would prefer not to have play offs and Easbourne would prefer to have them.Sort of say's it all really.

However for those writing us off should we get to the final (And I am not arrogant enough to think we or Eastbourne are a shoe in for the play off finals.) I seem to remember a KOC final many years ago where everyone wrote Birmingham off. Nothing is decided until the fat lady sings.

Good luck to ALL the riders tonight, please no injuries. But I would like just a little more luck for the Brummie lads please if the gods could arrange it. :-)

I won't be making the trip I'm afraid. My experience of Eastbourne is not my type of speedway so I can't really justify the expense and the distance. However should we meet in the play offs I think I may just change my mind.

Then of course come the play offs and things change. Is that fair? Doesn't matter if it's fair or not, its the rules.

Why not utilise the National Speedway Stadium for a "one-off" final to decide the champions? Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Why not utilise the National Speedway Stadium for a "one-off" final to decide the champions? Makes sense to me.

would the crowds make it pay though? 2 not that local clubs from the NL you won't get that many on the gate
  • Like 1

Ludicrous idea.

Play off finals are when clubs get big crowds and make money.

Danny Halsey tweeted saying he's not at Arlington tonight?

What if belle make the final would you have to take it somewhere silly idea

I wonder what happens when you pile a ton of pressure on a kid on his 15th birthday and chuck him in against the strongest team in the league ??

Well done Dugard's, hope you're proud