British Speedway Forum

Hard to hold Hamilton up as a great person either.Came in for a lot of criticism lately because he stood on the podium twirling his cap whilst the National Anthem of his rival was being played.Quite disrespectful.......

Exactly the same as Woffinden in Melbourne !

No he hasnt he is over the moon to be GB captain..

Everyone knows the reason he doesnt ride in the elite league.. if you dont there is 107 pages of it on this forum

I sincerely hope he acts more dignified than he did at our GP then ....... he is representing our country and us.

You will now be under attack from the tai the perfect role model does no wrong brigade.

I think you will find tai was not the nicest of school kids and was expelled

I am not concerned. It was an observation based on his lack of ability to conduct himself in a manner required when talking to a wider audience and not his pit crew. No one condones his behaviour and that in itself does not in any way act as a criticism of his ability as a rider but for a guy who has done so much for charity and children's hospital he really needs to think about the privileged position he holds and frankly grow up. Not many reach the pinnacle he has and he needs to understand what that means. Sadly I don't think he cares.

• Like 4

I am not concerned. It was an observation based on his lack of ability to conduct himself in a manner required when talking to a wider audience and not his pit crew. No one condones his behaviour and that in itself does not in any way act as a criticism of his ability as a rider but for a guy who has done so much for charity and children's hospital he really needs to think about the privileged position he holds and frankly grow up. Not many reach the pinnacle he has and he needs to understand what that means. Sadly I don't think he cares.

A very good post and right in so many ways.

Don't think BT Sport were over impressed by Tai's language going by the speed of Steve Brandon's apology or the size of their on-screen apology. Could be damaging the next time the TV contract comes up for negotiation. Also sponsors generally take a dim view of such behaviour. The spitting and one finger actions were also unimpressive. He needs to grow up, he's not a teenager any more.

You could argue that swearing may be excusable in the heat of the moment following a track incident or bad refereeing decision but certainly not in a one to one podium interview with the meeting presenter which is broadcast to a 40,000 live qcrowd and a TV audience.

Out of interest what are people's thoughts on Shakespeare? He of course puns on the c word in hamlet. Is he a disgrace and bad influence on British youth?

Everyone heard it in the stadium. It boomed out of the speakers!

A girl next to me burst into tears and a couple who had brought a friend just laughed, and said they would neber come again. They were trying to explain the rules but the man just laughed when told them etc etc etc.......

Truth is there was no need for him to do it, and those who defend it are no better themselves. Even ardent Tai fans should just admit he was wrong and then move along. His language really was indefensible for a national tv audience. No need for it.

jackanory

So woffy is thick as starman, so what?? If we were all perfect, would it be great?? Of course not.

• Like 1

Everyone heard it in the stadium. It boomed out of the speakers!

That's odd, you are the first person who was at Cardiff who has posted saying they heard it.

Convenient that.

• Like 2

jackanory

So woffy is thick as starman, so what?? If we were all perfect, would it be great?? Of course not.

Yes it would. I'd love to live in a world full of people like me. That would be super.

Tai isn't a perfect role model and neither should he be. It's not his job to be a role model.

Sorry, yes it is..

• Like 2

Out of interest what are people's thoughts on Shakespeare? He of course puns on the c word in hamlet. Is he a disgrace and bad influence on British youth?

he made good fishing equipment

Sorry, yes it is..

You said the opposite when Ward turned up drunk at a GP

• Like 5

Well I for one was appalled with the language used by Tai Woffinden. Someone should remind him that he's currently the head statesman of our sport and that he should act accordingly.

What put the icing on the cake for me was when my sister called and told me that my impressionable young nephew was watching the action from Cardiff and was now using words he'd heard Tai use throughout the meeting.

He's now going around saying things like 'stoked', 'fair dinkum' and calling everyone 'mate'.

Maybe Mr Woffinden should take a leaf out of Chris Harris's book. Bomber behaved impeccably on Saturday night, in fact you wouldn't even notice he was there.

• Like 6

Well I for one was appalled with the language used by Tai Woffinden. Someone should remind him that he's currently the head statesman of our sport and that he should act accordingly.

What put the icing on the cake for me was when my sister called and told me that my impressionable young nephew was watching the action from Cardiff and was now using words he'd heard Tai use throughout the meeting.

He's now going around saying things like 'stoked', 'fair dinkum' and calling everyone 'mate'.

Maybe Mr Woffinden should take a leaf out of Chris Harris's book. Bomber behaved impeccably on Saturday night, in fact you wouldn't even notice he was there.

i was actually reading that thinking REALLY... then laughed at the end..

next he will be saying throw another shrimp on the barie...