British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

18th July 2016 - Wolves V Swindon

Always felt Monmore gives a massive home advantage and where gating is doubly important.

Not really. Most riders relish coming to Monmore as the track is usually always well prepared and riders feel safe a track in it.

The track offers several passing lines so gating isn't always essential.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

No doubt about it whoever finishes top to will want to avoid going to Wolves. With their team dialled in it would be a difficult job to keep it close enough to have a chance in the other leg.

Thats why it is importang to finish top and have the pick. If Poole get their act together and finish top they would send Belle Vue to Wolves and go to Swindon or Lakeside.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Not really. Most riders relish coming to Monmore as the track is usually always well prepared and riders feel safe a track in it.

The long straights and sharp corners make the track unique. Seasoned riders have the experience needed to be competitive, whereas new younger riders can find the fast straights and slow corners more of a problem. I have heard many riders say ' If you make the gate and ride the right line, they're not many people who will come by....

Not being rider I wouldn't know. But having watched many a meeting at Wolves, I've watch many races when the rider in front has had followers all over him but still hasn't been able to pass. .... ...

Vintage PK last night - does his Paid Maximum make him the oldest rider to score a maximum in the EL?

Vintage PK last night - does his Paid Maximum make him the oldest rider to score a maximum in the EL?

I for one am so glad that he is here this season ,really thought we had seen the last of him in the EL but if this is his swansong then we could not ask for more !!!!

• Like 3

The track is well prepared but away sides chase the dirt wide early on and don't realise that 90 % of the passes at Monmore these days are up the inside..

100 % last night

A wonderful acquisition, tailor made replacement for Wolves who has ridden many years on the Monmore track and has loads of experience he can share with others...

An Adam's master-stroke that virtually guarantees Wolves a place in the Play-Offs....

Don't know why PK would consider packing in when he's riding in the weakest league he's ever riode in over here.

The long straights and sharp corners make the track unique. Seasoned riders have the experience needed to be competitive, whereas new younger riders can find the fast straights and slow corners more of a problem. I have heard many riders say ' If you make the gate and ride the right line, they're not many people who will come by....

Not being rider I wouldn't know. But having watched many a meeting at Wolves, I've watch many races when the rider in front has had followers all over him but still hasn't been able to pass. .... ...

you haven't watched enough racing or matches at Monmore if you think riders can't pass!

For such a good track that riders enjoy there does seem to be a lot of falls or near falls with riders wobbling or getting out of shape.

According to the updates there were seven falls or big wobbles, that's more than the whole season at Belle Vue including both Aces and Colts meetings.

Why do riders keep messing up on a track they like so much?

It's status as a good and well prepared race track isn't in question, as it's voted best prepared race track most seasons recently.

No one was present to do the texting Monday so it's not a true reflection.

ALL tracks have matches when accidents and getting out of shape happens, if would be crazy to suggest otherwise.

I wasn't there so I can't comment on the racing but I see no more or less falls at Monmore than at any other track I have visited in the past few years and that includes all leagues.

For such a good track that riders enjoy there does seem to be a lot of falls or near falls with riders wobbling or getting out of shape.

According to the updates there were seven falls or big wobbles, that's more than the whole season at Belle Vue including both Aces and Colts meetings.

Why do riders keep messing up on a track they like so much?

I know everything is honkey dorey at Belle Vue but after the National Speedway Stadium's start to the season its a bit rich criticising a track which for the last 9 years has either won or been nominated for the track of the year.. 3 of the falls were genuine racing incidents (which the ref got 2 exclusions wrong). The wobbling was from riders who shouldn't be in the Elite League.

• Like 2

you haven't watched enough racing or matches at Monmore if you think riders can't pass!

Never have I said there is no passing at Monmore, The track is notorious for riders getting the corners wrong and many passes are created by errors.

Some riders have the wrong idea of the fastest line, some go chasing the dirt when the inside line could be quicker. No there are many passes, but what I pointed out that when a home rider hits the front he usually knows the quickest route and therefore how to keep the opposition behind him....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

I know everything is honkey dorey at Belle Vue but after the National Speedway Stadium's start to the season its a bit rich criticising a track which for the last 9 years has either won or been nominated for the track of the year.. 3 of the falls were genuine racing incidents (which the ref got 2 exclusions wrong). The wobbling was from riders who shouldn't be in the Elite League.

You do know that 'Track of the Year' has nothing to do with track preparation dont you?

Having calmed down after last night's meet I've been having a look at league table & remaining fixtures. Now I might be a tad slow these days but didn't realise we've already done 12/14 away fixtures :o with just KL & Dorsetshire left. It's looking reasonably handy with BV having 5 away left.

A wonderful acquisition, tailor made replacement for Wolves who has ridden many years on the Monmore track and has loads of experience he can share with others...

An Adam's master-stroke that virtually guarantees Wolves a place in the Play-Offs....

Adam's "masterstroke" was Bech's personal problems, without which I think he would still have been here.

Never have I said there is no passing at Monmore, The track is notorious for riders getting the corners wrong and many passes are created by errors.

Some riders have the wrong idea of the fastest line, some go chasing the dirt when the inside line could be quicker. No there are many passes, but what I pointed out that when a home rider hits the front he usually knows the quickest route and therefore how to keep the opposition behind him....

But isn't that the case at all/most tracks ?

You do know that 'Track of the Year' has nothing to do with track preparation dont you?

That is what I thought it was, and am sure this is what the Speedway Star refer to. If not related to track preparation, what is the accolade for ?

Depends on the opposition as I've watched the likes of Harris chase and pass Wolves riders.