British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Peterborough Panthers Pl 21-7-16@7-30pm

Lazily taken and copied from my recent Facebook Post......

No doubt the" Massif" started it off but it was Mr Ayres who bridged the gap between track and terraces. A gap that has been yawning and widening all season. A gap the Massif started building a bridge to close which was pushed on by Foz and then Kevin and taken another step further by the amazing Mr Long tonight and which was well and truly finished off, concreted down, topped off and decorated by the incredible Danny Ayres . Mr Entertainment. Mr Fantastic. Ayres Rock. Ulhuru we love U. Not for a long time has one man done so much for Ipswich Speedway. Thank U Danny boy. Thank U to your lovely mum, your wonderful partner, your beautiful baby, your great mechanic, your incredible colour scheme. Veni, Vidi, Vinci Danny. You came, You saw and You conquered. Enjoy the £20 buddy and see you at Eastbourne on Saturday as I am heading there now rather than the Fours. Even CL had a smile on his face at the end - and a bottles of milk, wine and champagne. And now he also has Danny Ayres mobile number on speed dial.......

• Like 3

You forgot to mention an unworthy NO1

he ain't a no1 but he hasn't got a no1s average , baby bjerre would be my 1st name on team sheet next season with a average under7

• Like 2

he ain't a no1 but he hasn't got a no1s average , baby bjerre would be my 1st name on team sheet next season with a average under7

Agreed as a third heatleader for any side would be superb

Agreed as a third heatleader for any side would be superb

I see poor old perrys come in for a bit of stick in various places , coming back from bad injuries and going straight into the main team (due to the other riders pea poor performances ) if he'd gone straight back into reserve his confidence wouldn't be shot ,touch wood he'll be back at reserve next month , people need to remember we are so high up because of him

• Like 3

I asked the question on the Ipswich thread about where Ayres is from. As I understand it he come from motocross. Now I know he's not a youngster,and his performance earlier in the season here with Glasgow wasn't great, apart from heat 2. But it begs the question why wasn't he on our radar. I assume Glasgow were sniffing around whilst he was riding for Kent, but when it comes to scouting where are our management, in the toilet? Now I know with one performance from a guest rider and a good win and we all get carried away, but for a tall rider he looked reasonably quick and his style was smooth, not to mention his enthusiasm.

Perhaps the same could be said for Ashley Morris. He looked quicker than when he rode for us, did we coat his tyres in treacle?

Anyway back to tonight and a thoroughly deserved win with all playing their part. Onwards and upwards hopefully!

As a Glasgow supporter I am taking a keen interest in any appearance of Danny Ayres, either for Kent or as a guest.

Clearly we've taken a great shine to Mr Ayres, with his infectious enthusiasm and showboating.

However I am surprised, pleasantly but still surprised all the same, to hear you describe his style as smooth.

To be critically objective his style is anything but smooth around Ashfield.

I've posted agreements on other threads that (paradoxically) he'd go faster if he slowed down!?!

By this, of course, I am meaning that if he focused on his style / smoothness and choosing / testing racing lines he'd make quicker progress around the track.

Ashfield has much tighter turns than Kent.

I've never been to Ipswich. Is Foxhole a technical track?

Although we love to have him at Ashfield I wonder if he's not yet good enough to ride a smallish track consistently well.

I suppose it's a double edged sword.

Do you want a novice rider to only ride well around the likes of EOESG or Owlerton and have no chance at the likes of Armadale.

• Like 2

Riders who suffer serious injuries such as a broken thigh in Bjerre's case often have a poor year the season they return but pick up the season after.

A good example is Josh Grajczonek who similarly broke his thigh in 2011 with Glasgow and was pretty average in 2012 when he returned. Despite wanting to move track for the 2012 season there were no takers.

Bjerre could prove to be in demand in 2017, or not depending on if Havelock holds his registration. Definitely not a No1 though even at the height of his game.

Riders who suffer serious injuries such as a broken thigh in Bjerre's case often have a poor year the season they return but pick up the season after.

A good example is Josh Grajczonek who similarly broke his thigh in 2011 with Glasgow and was pretty average in 2012 when he returned. Despite wanting to move track for the 2012 season there were no takers.

Bjerre could prove to be in demand in 2017, or not depending on if Havelock holds his registration. Definitely not a No1 though even at the height of his game.

is bjerre a asset of Havelock then ???? ,thought he was a readypower=poole asset

Edited by hans fan

Danny Ayres gets the crowd going at Glasgow when he showboats, we all love him up here, he also gets a lot of stick from those fans in the east and also from others after his tv debut... personally I think we need more people like him, to get the fans going, how many riders just return to the pits after a win.

• Like 4

I see poor old perrys come in for a bit of stick in various places , coming back from bad injuries and going straight into the main team (due to the other riders pea poor performances ) if he'd gone straight back into reserve his confidence wouldn't be shot ,touch wood he'll be back at reserve next month , people need to remember we are so high up because of him

Perry was brilliant until is unfortunate injury and having to return into the top 5 was just not what he needed .Agreed he needs to get back down to reserve to get his confidence back but the problem with this is, has Grondal done enough for. his average to be above Perry's ,It also depends on S.Lambert's possible return date .As it stands at the moment Morris and Holub would have to be the reserves Panthers owe a lot to Perry's early season form he was the difference in some matches that gave them the confidence to go on and win when other middle order riders were just not cutting it. I feel sure with time he will come good

Can't believe people are talking up signing up Bjerre after has crap performance last night...only in speedway this would happen!

For a rider with a just under 7 average I'd rather stick with Jakobsen . Your correct he's not a NO1,and Panthers management gambled on him being able to. and they got it wrong

For a rider with a just under 7 average I'd rather stick with Jakobsen . Your correct he's not a NO1,and Panthers management gambled on him being able to. and they got it wrong

When I first saw NBJ at Rye I thought he'd be hitting and maintaining an 8 point average. When I read he'd signed for Peterborough I was certain he would. Not progressed as I expected.

• Like 1

Can't believe people are talking up signing up Bjerre after has crap performance last night...only in speedway this would happen!

he rode at no1 he has a average less than 7 rode on a track he's not very good at , put him against oystercard round showground and he'll beat him 80 times out 100 and has a far less average , he may be a rider who chucks his rattle out his pram ,but I dare bet riders in the same team would rather ride with bjerre than oystercard

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 2

Danny Ayres gets the crowd going at Glasgow when he showboats, we all love him up here, he also gets a lot of stick from those fans in the east and also from others after his tv debut... personally I think we need more people like him, to get the fans going, how many riders just return to the pits after a win.

it was quite funny seeing the scotsman last night torn between wanting to let ayres know how cack he was and cheering him for giving the pussycats a pumping!! lol
  • Like 2

it was quite funny seeing the scotsman last night torn between wanting to let ayres know how cack he was and cheering him for giving the pussycats a pumping!! lol

I hate dilemmas like that!!

Given the increasing fame, or is it notoriety?, of the back straight BSF Massif at Fox Holes, we are happy for anyone else to come and join us if they are up for making a bit of noise/atmosphere.

Even better if they want to bring musical noise, but the whistles yesterday were a welcome addition, (but remember no air horns allowed), though I wasn't convinced about Macca's disguise and African drum especially when he played the rain dance music on it and it then started to rain!!

• Like 2