British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Alternative League Table

This is based on Barrow Boy's league table of previous seasons where points dropped at home are a negative and points gained away from home are a positive. I think it gives a more accurate view of the table due to the lopsidedness of the real table with teams having varying amounts of meetings.

1 Somerset +10

2 Sheffield +9

3 Edinburgh +8

4 Newcastle +7

5 Peterborough +5

6 Glasgow +4

7 Workington +2

8 Berwick 0

9 Plymouth -2

10 Ipswich -3

11 Rye House -6

12 Scunthorpe -9

13 Redcar -9

Edited by Comet Dan
  • Like 4

It's definitely more representative of the league positions. I think the top 6 there will be the top 6 come play off time

Edited by scotchopper

It's definitely more representative of the league positions. I think the top 6 there will be the top 6 come play off time

Got to agree, well almost, think Glasgow and Workington could swap places unless Glasgow pick up a few point away from home and manage to keep a clean sheet at home.

Got to agree, well almost, think Glasgow and Workington could swap places unless Glasgow pick up a few point away from home and manage to keep a clean sheet at home.

Good use of "unless.........." !!

Now Glasgow are +9 and unbeaten at Ashfield, and Workington are +2 and no away wins yet.

Makes Sunday's contest crucial to your "think Glasgow and Workington could swap places" although even a 7 point swing (home loss by more than 6) wouldn't suffice. :nono:

• Like 1

Sundays meeting will be a cracker..... Love having Workington at Ashfield they are a great bunch

Am I right in thinking your system keeps us at +9 if we win (?) or + 6 if we lose.

That's correct damosuzuki

This is how it stands now

Somerset +13

Glasgow +9

Peterborough +9

Edinburgh +8

Newcastle +7

Sheffield +6

Workington +2

Plymouth -2

Berwick -3

Ipswich -3

Redcar -8

Scunthorpe -9

Rye House -9

............ think Glasgow and Workington could swap places.......................

Still fancy your chances ?????

:rofl:

• Like 1

Is it possible to have an updated league as of tonight please?

1 Somerset +16

2 Edinburgh +12

3 Glasgow +9

4 Newcastle +7

5 Peterborough +6

6 Sheffield +4

7 Workington +2

8 Ipswich -1

9= Berwick -2

9= Plymouth -2

11= Rye House -8

11= Redcar -8

13 Scunthorpe -12

1 Somerset +16

2 Edinburgh +12

3 Glasgow +9

4 Newcastle +7

5 Peterborough +6

6 Sheffield +4

7 Workington +2

8 Ipswich -1

9= Berwick -2

9= Plymouth -2

11= Rye House -8

11= Redcar -8

13 Scunthorpe -12

If that top 6 qualify (got a sneaky fancy Workington) might scrape thru) it's going to be some play offs this year - possibly the closest so far

people keep saying workington but they need to start wining away meetings to have any chance, that is why they failed last year as well. I'll be surprised if it is not the top 6 in this table that qualify.

people keep saying workington but they need to start wining away meetings to have any chance, that is why they failed last year as well. I'll be surprised if it is not the top 6 in this table that qualify.

Being dominant at home isn't enough , and what I saw of Workington yesterday , top 6 is well out of their reach