British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Plymouth Devil's Pl 28-7-16 @7-30pm

Any news on Hume

Any news on Hume

At least one broken rib and off to hospital according to Stephen Foster.

First and foremost all the best to Danyon.

Such a shame as he had really given it everything and deserved some positive reward.

I think there is a proper racer in the making in him. An exciting prospect I hope we see more of soon.

As for the meeting only one side was really interested (although Newman did try to get stuck in) but there were still a few notable moments.

Take a bow Ben Barker not only for his own performance including a couple of great leg back blasts but also for being aware to let Danny through to keep his race win run going.Great team work.

• Like 1

Certainly Witches seem to have sorted themselves out ; at home. Now to do the same away please!

Best wishes to Danyon Hume , looked a nasty spill , hopefully the injury is not as bad as it first appears . Keep your chin up lad you've got a great future ahead of you !

On the meeting front.

I don't really think Plymouth were up for this one tonight once they saw the track , plenty of head shaking on the track walk .

So the newly crowned PL 4's champions were brought down to earth with a bang , big time!

Great performances all round from the Witches , and really nice that the riders now seem to be acknowledging and appreciating the existence of the now World famous Massif!

Not a lot more to say really apart from , keep up the good work and keep Winning guys !

• Like 1

Pathetic from the devils, just as pathetic as we are on our travels sometimes. Is it also time for lanham to retire from racing on the foxhall track?

Hope sue enjoyed herself tonight.

I most certainly did, it felt like the old days when we had a large and very vocal group on the home straight. They really do need to sort those speakers out though, pain in the bum not being able to hear reserve switches and I must have driven those around me mad with constantly asking for times or confirmation of riders.

Must admit to feeling a little shell shocked to begin with but it didn't take me long to get in the swing of things and bashing my cow bell with gusto.

• Like 1

How many more can we get to join Massif then before the end of the season? That's the million dollar question.

Was great having Sue there making her debut, didn't take her long to become as noisy as the rest of us!

Shame I've got to miss a few home meetings really.

Was another good atmosphere last night, only downer being Danyons injury which meant a busy night for Joe.

I only realised this morning that Plymouth didn't provide a single heat winner, that doesn't happen very often especially at Foxhall, no wonder it was such a resounding victory.

Was also a nice touch by Ben to allow Danny past in heat 13 to keep up his streak of heat wins at home.

Onwards and upwards for the Witches!!!

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 3

Pathetic from the devils, just as pathetic as we are on our travels sometimes. Is it also time for lanham to retire from racing on the foxhall track?

Hope sue enjoyed herself tonight.

Not just Lanham should retire from racing at Foxhall, why did they get Tungate as a guest? He still rides our place like a former grasstrack rider in his first season of speedway, obviously likes most other tracks, but certainly not ours.

Well done to Bob and CL for their tractor work before the meeting. Also well done to the Plymouth fans for coming all that way, not too sure whether to admire your loyalty, or question your sanity.

Did the Ben Find collection take place?

No - ran out of time after the delayed start and Sir Alec's injury.

Edited by TheScotsman
  • Like 1

Well what can I say...the "Massif" were excellent again, we could hear you loud and clear from the start line, it really makes the atmosphere which has been so lacking in previous Years, well done guys (and a mention from CL too in the programme), the riders clearly like it as well.

When I saw the track I didn't think it would go ahead, but it turned into a good night, apart from Danyon, best wishes mate.

We tried the digeree-doo but it didn't make enough of an impact so we are trying to find a voo-voo-zella to accompany the "lone whistler".

By the way didn't "Kingy" ride Heat One with some balls, Now...off to the World Cup ....GOOD LUCK DANNY

• Like 1

Well what can I say...the "Massif" were excellent again, we could hear you loud and clear from the start line, it really makes the atmosphere which has been so lacking in previous Years, well done guys (and a mention from CL too in the programme), the riders clearly like it as well.

When I saw the track I didn't think it would go ahead, but it turned into a good night, apart from Danyon, best wishes mate.

We tried the digeree-doo but it didn't make enough of an impact so we are trying to find a voo-voo-zella to accompany the "lone whistler".

By the way didn't "Kingy" ride Heat One with some balls, Now...off to the World Cup ....GOOD LUCK DANNY

Plenty of noise making instruments on Amazon and EBay mate

School bells

Cow bells

Vuvuzelas

Megaphones

Proper loud whistles

Rattles

Drums

Etc

Go for it!

• Like 1

wow 15 heat victories to the pesky witches...

congrats sounds like an awesome performance....!