British Speedway Forum

So would it be better for the Bees fans who constantly slag the bloke off to cut him a bit of slack & enjoy the few seasons speedway left at Brandon ? If they don't like the set up just don't go & you will have nowt to gripe about ..

To be fair if he shouldnt be above criticism but yeah sometimes people go overboard for whatever reason.

Edited by woz01

So would it be better for the Bees fans who constantly slag the bloke off to cut him a bit of slack & enjoy the few seasons speedway left at Brandon ? If they don't like the set up just don't go & you will have nowt to gripe about ..

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that because they already don't go but still moan.

• Like 2

Anyone else spot the quote at the end of the story regarding the Midland league fixture still to be run ?

"As yet the second leg venue and date are not finalised but hope to be this week"

It's been announced that Brandon Stadium is NOT on the draft local plan for a site to build houses.

• Like 5

It's been announced that Brandon Stadium is NOT on the draft local plan for a site to build houses.

Bloody spiffing news top table.

Anyone else spot the quote at the end of the story regarding the Midland league fixture still to be run ?

"As yet the second leg venue and date are not finalised but hope to be this week"

The MDL team have ridden almost all of their home meetings on the road this year because of stadium 'unavailability' thanks to the ever helpful former owners.

Doubt there will be any further two wheeled action this year due to Sandhu's last stand.

You have to wonder whether it's worth being saved when you look around on other threads and see them dominated by discussions regarding who's pulled the best stroke to try and secure the latest hollow victory.

• Like 2

Thought we knew that already?

We were told it wouldn't be but the draft local plan was released today which confirmed it.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Not houses but possibly a football stadium

Not houses but possibly a football stadium

As Rugby Council said to Coventry Telegraph when asked, a football stadium will have to be included in a local plan and Brandon is totally unsuitable for a football ground. I will post it again and perhaps you will grasp it this time, Brandon is not on the draft local plan.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 4

So now that Brandon has not been included on the local plan Sandhu is upset that Horton has done a deal to run the stadium for the next 3 years, effectively replacing Sandhu & Heaver. To me it looks as though Horton has stolen a march and given Coventry Speedway the best chance its had in a few years of surviving.

• Like 1

So now that Brandon has not been included on the local plan Sandhu is upset that Horton has done a deal to run the stadium for the next 3 years, effectively replacing Sandhu & Heaver. To me it looks as though Horton has stolen a march and given Coventry Speedway the best chance its had in a few years of surviving.

Hmmm! Interesting - it does look like this could be the case!

• Like 1

I just don't get all this as I'm a bit thick. :lol: I thought Sandhu had sold the stadium for 2.something millions so how come he is still involved and able to put the prices up in the bars etc. Has he rented from the new owners until the end of the season when Mick takes over.....hopefully.