British Speedway Forum

Well there is no threat from Sisu with a football stadium, even if it was in the local plan .

That's a right chuckle of an idea.

Local plan is for 20 years I think as well.

Horton has put his faith and his own money behind both the Bees and the Storm . you want to strike fear into the hearts of speedway fans ,take a look at Rogers track record , every team and individual he gets involved with goes down the tubes

there's your answer then

I just don't get all this as I'm a bit thick. :lol: I thought Sandhu had sold the stadium for 2.something millions so how come he is still involved and able to put the prices up in the bars etc. Has he rented from the new owners until the end of the season when Mick takes over.....hopefully.

You need someone to run the stadium. Sandhu pays the land owner a fee to run the stadium then the speedway and stox pay rent to Sandhu for use of that facility. Food and drink money will mainly go to Sandhu and probably lying some to the land owner. From next year Horton will be running it so he will pay the land owner a fee but in return will get rent from the Stox and food and drink plus what he makes from speedway.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

You need someone to run the stadium. Sandhu pays the land owner a fee to run the stadium then the speedway and stox pay rent to Sandhu for use of that facility. Food and drink money will mainly go to Sandhu and probably lying some to the land owner. From next year Horton will be running it so he will pay the land owner a fee but in return will get rent from the Stox and food and drink plus what he makes from speedway.

you don't know that Horton will be running it depends if contracts were signed or if as rumours are correct will the bspa allow him to

you don't know that Horton will be running it depends if contracts were signed or if as rumours are correct will the bspa allow him to

The local plan for Brandon says about leases being in force is one reason it isn't on it so I guess they have been. The bspa can't decide who runs a stadium, that's not within their jurisdiction.

Edited by woz01

The BSPA can't stop anyone taking out a lease on any building, land or stadium. If Horton has signed a lease with the stadium it's to all intents and purposes his stadium for the next 3 years.

The BSPA can stop him being a promoter but that's entirely different.

The BSPA can't stop anyone taking out a lease on any building, land or stadium. If Horton has signed a lease with the stadium it's to all intents and purposes his stadium for the next 3 years.

The BSPA can stop him being a promoter but that's entirely different.

obviously I was thinking about being a promoter and did he sign a contract ?as I said if contracts were signed

obviously I was thinking about being a promoter and did he sign a contract ?as I said if contracts were signed

Why would the bspa ban him as a promoter it's not like he's done a runner, he has a dispute with Sandhu. Rugby Council think there is a lease beyond this year so I think that's quite telling.

So now that Brandon has not been included on the local plan Sandhu is upset that Horton has done a deal to run the stadium for the next 3 years, effectively replacing Sandhu & Heaver. To me it looks as though Horton has stolen a march and given Coventry Speedway the best chance its had in a few years of surviving.

Pretty much sums up what I think this 'dispute' is about. Edited by woz01

Horton has put his faith and his own money behind both the Bees and the Storm . you want to strike fear into the hearts of speedway fans ,take a look at Rogers track record , every team and individual he gets involved with goes down the tubes

The Main Man has certainly weaved with magic with Harris in the GP's NOT! Very good at getting himself on camera though...

Edited by remembertheracers
  • Like 2

Why would the bspa ban him as a promoter it's not like he's done a runner, he has a dispute with Sandhu. Rugby Council think there is a lease beyond this year so I think that's quite telling.

Pretty much sums up what I think this 'dispute' is about.

but no one knows what the dispute is about everyone is guessing

Pretty much sums up what I think this 'dispute' is about.

'Not done a runner'... are you sure? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

The Main Man has certainly weaved with magic with Harris in the GP's NOT! Very good at getting himself on camera though...

very true he's on that many cameras he might be paid as a film extra

you had your ear to the ground as well Ron

I'm as sure as I can be. Why agree to do a deal with the stadium then just bugger off. He had a decent excuse to leave with having nowhere for the club to ride before he agreed a deal for Brandon. Wouldn't make any sense if he was going to leave.

Edited by woz01

The usual amount of rubbish on this site, rumours, all sorts of views being expressed without foundation. Until the truth of the matter is released would suggest that the assassination of Mick Horton should cease. I don't always agree with all his decisions but I do think we should await some sort of positive news and rely on some of the rubbish being circulated!

• Like 3