British Speedway Forum

Just wondering Dave ...why does he need an agreement with Horton...Jeremy Heaver is the stock car promoter ?

Heaver is promoter but the stox contract is with Sandhu's company. Heaver basically works for Sandhu.

Going by Bjerre and Kerr tweets the Coventry Stox statement seems incorrect when it says riders have been told the can look elsewhere. Yet anyway!

Edited by woz01

All I can think of, is how Nigel Boocock's family must be feeling...knowing his Ashes are being dug up and sold on at £28 per tonne. 56K to be made from selling that shale. So sad.....

OMG yes, how awful 😕

Out of interest have the local council who seemed to play a major role in getting the lease on the stadium extended made any comment about whats going on? Are they in a position to help?

Really hope everything turns out ok for the fans.

• Like 1

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this situation, the bottom line is that the reputation of Speedway and Coventry in particular are at rock bottom. We stagger from one disaster to the next, and nobody has the acumen to resolve this once and for all.

I happen to think that Hortons intentions are genuine, however it appears he struggles to back these up due to limited finances,

Sandu since his ruck with the BSPA has clearly lost all feelings for the Bees, and must feel he is dealing with Delboy when trying to negotiate with MH.

In my eyes the mistake was giving the lease to MH, it would have been better with Jeremy Heaver or an Independent party.

Not sure where we go from here (probably Leicester) I hope not, but it would seem to be a major undertaking to replace all the Fixtures and Fittings, such a sad and undignified possible end to the reign of the Coventry Bees, the fans deserve so much better, than all the clowns involved at the moment.

Its hard being a B/vue fan at the momment but there is so much b/s and differing statements flying around at Coventry it must be driving the loyal bees fans mad.I just hope that one way or the other a final outcome arrives soon.Truly gutted for you all i really hope that there is a good outcome for you all the very best of luck.

• Like 2

Having just read the Coventry Stox press release, it puts a severe question mark, against my belief the MH has good intentions, if true he has withdrawn from the agreement for the stadium, and the riders have an open invitation to find other employment - Idiots the lot of them.

Seems like Horton has been delaying negotiations on a price for fixtures & fittings, trying to call Sandhus bluff. Reckon he expected nothing would be removed by the time he got the lease ☹️

• Like 1

Rumours were around a while ago that Sandhu is actually part of Brandon Estates, the site owners. In effect he sold it to himself. Wonder if there is any truth in it. I didn't believe this but I have to wonder.

Edited by woz01

Shocking photos, looks like the stadium owners are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

• Like 2

Yet again Horton caught telling fibs .as he has done over many years ..he is the one to blame here .

Horton is just a total wide boy,should have been booted out the sport years ago.
  • Like 1

Think you have to be heartless to do something like this whichever party is to blame.

• Like 1

I can't do links but the Coventry observer has done a report. Sandhu has had all the seats smashed, why do that if you want to get a deal to continue racing there? Crazy.

• Like 1