British Speedway Forum

Rumours were around a while ago that Sandhu is actually part of Brandon Estates, the site owners. In effect he sold it to himself. Wonder if there is any truth in it. I didn't believe this but I have to wonder.

I'd say 100% he is!

Having read the various posts on different forums and seen the latest pictures, I stopped off at the Stadium on my way home today at 1635 hours. The main entrance to the car park is now completely open and the water tanker is no longer blocking the gates. This has been in place since the summer due to continued problems with travellers / Gypsies. I spoke with one of Mr Sandhu’s representatives who was manning the riders entrance gate to the Stadium. He basically confirms the story reported in the Coventry Telegraph and supported by the brief entry on the Coventry Stox site. He states as of yesterday afternoon, Mick Horton failed to meet a deadline that had been set in respect of agreement for the usage of the fixings and fittings at the Stadium. He states Sandhu has removed all his property from the Stadium, including all lights, track, fencing, mechanical equipment, and this can be used in a new Stadium. He said the keys to the whole site would be handed to the new owner tomorrow, and he clearly puts all the blame on Mick Horton for failing to complete on an agreement. Obviously there is another side to this situation, but to me it now appears to have gone beyond a retrievable position. As a supporter of Coventry Speedway for 47 years this is a very sad day indeed.

• Like 3

So are people saying Mick Horton signed a team, with no intention of racing next year. Seriously?

There's more to this than we're being told. What a sad indictment on them both!

Yet another year of total torment for us fans and now riders. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Completely agree. It all seems very strange. The new owners announce they are sponsoring the bees and Horton says a potential 3 years lease.

The team is announced and then all of a sudden over a weekend the stadium is taken apart and we are told he had no attention of running at the same time as the remainder of the team being announced.

It's unfair on the fans who have been loyal supporters for years and also to the riders that have signed

• Like 4

Cheers pal.

Having read the various posts on different forums and seen the latest pictures, I stopped off at the Stadium on my way home today at 1635 hours. The main entrance to the car park is now completely open and the water tanker is no longer blocking the gates. This has been in place since the summer due to continued problems with travellers / Gypsies. I spoke with one of Mr Sandhus representatives who was manning the riders entrance gate to the Stadium. He basically confirms the story reported in the Coventry Telegraph and supported by the brief entry on the Coventry Stox site. He states as of yesterday afternoon, Mick Horton failed to meet a deadline that had been set in respect of agreement for the usage of the fixings and fittings at the Stadium. He states Sandhu has removed all his property from the Stadium, including all lights, track, fencing, mechanical equipment, and this can be used in a new Stadium. He said the keys to the whole site would be handed to the new owner tomorrow, and he clearly puts all the blame on Mick Horton for failing to complete on an agreement. Obviously there is another side to this situation, but to me it now appears to have gone beyond a retrievable position. As a supporter of Coventry Speedway for 47 years this is a very sad day indeed.

Both are to blame regarding the deal and subsequent statements but with reports of the seats smashed I'm not sure some of the stuff will see a new stadium (if we ever see one).

I'd say 100% he is!

Cllr Stokes said he wasn't and I took that in good faith but it doesn't sit right with me after recent events. Sandhu and Co have never even tried to get a longer deal and we're adamant 2016 was the end. Why?

Edited by woz01

Its beyond belief whats happening at Brandon, if Sandhu just wanted to remove his fixtures and fittings that could have been done without all the wilful damage surely? I can only offer best wishes to all at Coventry and hope im attending meetings there again next season. The late great Charles Ochiltree must be turning in his grave, oh for the likes of him to be running the sport nowadays. Speedway in this country is in danger of disappearing as we know it, a pi$$ poor so called premiership, and too much vested interests. Soon the sport wont have any hardcore followers to rely on.

• Like 1

Charles Ochiltree must be turning in his grave, oh for the likes of him to be running the sport nowadays.

Why ? don't you remember what he did at Leicester

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Think you have to be heartless to do something like this whichever party is to blame.

These people deal in £'s. They have no interest in the feelings of a few hundred speedway supporters. When housing goes up on the site in a couple of years time it'll be mission accomplished

• Like 1

I believe local MP Mark Pawsey is a speedway fan. Time for him to get involved and start banging a few heads together until they sort out this mess.

One thing is certain here, Horton hasn't got enough money to put the stadium back together. Mindless by Sandhu, & a kick in the gonads for all the wonderful Coventry fans that stood by him a few years ago. Greed appears the motive here, a very sad sign of the times.

Edited by proud panther
  • Like 6

BSPA maintain their usual policy of silence.

• Like 2

i dont understand why the bspa are not involved in this situation sad day for coventry fans and speedway as a whole