British Speedway Forum

1) I would imagine it's down to Sandhu and Brandon Estates to sort out, not to be shown to every tom, dick and harry. The public might want to know but they have no right to see it.

2) I am sure it was addressed a few times that Sandhu has no connection with Brandon estates, if he did do its a bloomin funny way to. Would it not be like calling the police on yourself?

Its all very messy and doesn't bring anybody out of it looking good. makes the winter go quicker I suppose.

1. Totally appreciate there is no public right but disclosure would quickly kill the debate as to who owns the F&F.

2. Apologies, I had not seen confirmation there is no connection with Brandon Estates. Is this quoted in the local press? Likewise, I only saw a quote from a representative of Brandon Estates. Has the local press confirmed a crime has actually been reported to the local police?

Its the press so its as bad as here, what is true and what they want to think is true doesn't always matter. I am pretty sure Jeremy Heaver in the radio interview mentioned it, but not 100% sure. I totally agree that it would be easier to just say we do or we don't but while they are in a power struggle its not going to come out. I can't think for one second that if Brandon estates were seeing all this equipment being taken out why didn't they call the police at the time. It's all been a complete shambles.

I think people are being highly trusting in what Sandhu and Heaver have said. They had zero interest in having the lease themselves, why? Why say they will pay for virtually everything and not be the leaseholder? They also said Horton had no intention of taking on the lease then a few hours later 'agreed' a deal. Why would he put all his stuff back into the stadium if he isn't leaseholder? Are the fixture and fittings actually his? Why cause that much damage removing items? They all need to answer questions about what has/is going on. Sandhu maybe our best hope but surely he needs questioning just as much (I'd say more so considering damage caused) as anyone else

For what it's worth i don't trust any of the parties involved.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

I think people are being highly trusting in what Sandhu and Heaver have said. They had zero interest in having the lease themselves, why? Why say they will pay for virtually everything and not be the leaseholder? They also said Horton had no intention of taking on the lease then a few hours later 'agreed' a deal. Why would he put all his stuff back into the stadium if he isn't leaseholder? Are the fixture and fittings actually his? Why cause that much damage removing items? They all need to answer questions about what has/is going on. Sandhu maybe our best hope but surely he needs questioning just as much (I'd say more so considering damage caused) as anyone else

For what it's worth i don't trust any of the parties involved.

Agree on the last point,One thing is for sure if you were in the trenches with this lot you wouldn't know which way to point your rifle.

• Like 1

Does anyone really think MH intended on running in 2017 I don't believe he really did and think he didn't sign the contract with Sandhu as he knew what Sandhu would happen and its all fell into his lap now and won't have to run.

Also added with saying to the riders they can look at other team places if they wanted just seems all a little fish cakey to me.

Is he under some sort of solicitors advice to remain silence as there has been no peep out of MH and the press tried to contact him and failed?

• Like 2

Erm, according to Companies House, Brandon Estates Ltd was dissolved on 3rd November 2015 so technically does not exist and therefore has no legal standing.

The two directors names were Ian and Stephen Butler. No mention of Mr Sandhu.

Edited by woofers

Erm, according to Companies House, Brandon Estates Ltd was dissolved on 3rd November 2015 so technically does not exist and therefore has no legal standing.

The two directors names were Ian and Stephen Butler. No mention of Mr Sandhu.

Not the same company

As no deal has been signed and with the press now being invited to look around the site, will Sandhu even want to sign a deal now? I will repeat that all this would have never had happened had Mick Horton stuck to the deals agreed with Sandhu, however with no Horton there would have been no speedway so it's a difficult one. However if the cost to put it back in is as mentioned if I was Sandhu I would say I'll put the stuff back in, now Mick you pay the running costs for the stadium as where does Mick stand in all this ? Sandhu was going to pay the running costs so he gets help there, The sky money helps another way then the landlords are also going to be behind the bees so be that a rent reduction or who knows what there is no big outlay from what I can see so be it very clever or very strange I don't know as the person offering the least is running the place? How can that be right.

Do you really believe that is the case? I seem to recall there were more interested parties, but Sandhu obviously felt MH was the best person to ensure it failed. :mad:

Had there been no takers do you honestly think the stadium would have been left empty?

This is all a power struggle with Sandhu taking his toys away because he doesn't like the terms of the new Horton lease with Brandon Estates effective 1st January (even though his spokesman has inferred differently).

Brandon Estates feel they've been kicked in the teeth because of the damage done in removing the fixtures and fittings. If the insurers/police find that anything was done maliciously then I would think the terms of any lease from 1st Jan - be it for Speedway and/or especially stocks - will be worded somewhat more strongly than originally verbally agreed.

If I was in Mick Horton's shoes I wouldn't be issuing any statements either - at least not without Brandon Estates agreement and probably not til after Jan 1st.

• Like 2

Do you really believe that is the case? I seem to recall there were more interested parties, but Sandhu obviously felt MH was the best person to ensure it failed. :mad:

Had there been no takers do you honestly think the stadium would have been left empty?

Think he was implying that there would be zero chance of speedway next season without Horton taking on the lease. Same for Stox, without Horton going out and getting the lease there would be no chance of stox either as Sandhu had no interest in being leaseholder.

Correct, that is what I meant, I do agree with your point on the leasehold. Why it had to change hands from person a to person b when the current lease was working ok, well it was until Horton was locked out. Was it too much to ask for somebody to say... right have another 3 years, the terms stay the same ... job done :t:

It was good to see Jacob Olsen with his comments, the more ex riders showing support behind the stadium and what it means to them also can only be a positive thing for the future and I hope more come forward,

Edited by Coventry_Bee

Correct, that is what I meant, I do agree with your point on the leasehold. Why it had to change hands from person a to person b when the current lease was working ok, well it was until Horton was locked out. Was it too much to ask for somebody to say... right have another 3 years, the terms stay the same ... job done :t:

This is why I have had this feeling that Sandhu was always wanted to take 'his' stuff out. Makes no sense for him not to negotiate a new lease unless he really did want out anyway.

Those pictures are eerily reminiscent of Blackbird Road after the fixtures and fittings had been removed and the tracks were merging with the centre green.

Different circumstances,obviously, and this is NOT a gloat post. It just brings back the images to mind. When we lost the place, it was sudden albeit not totally surprising but the empty shell lingered around awhile. This Brandon saga must be more like a drawn-out torture, but it's looking like there's only one probable outcome.