British Speedway Forum

Hopefully there will be some kind of an announcement tomorrow, one that brings this whole saga to an end with a bit of luck.

I did say ages ago your best bet would to share with Leicester. Looks like that will come to fruitation...

UPDATE | We are hoping to bring you an announcement on the situation regarding Coventry on Sunday. Every effort is being made.

Latest tweet from BSPA website

I hope all you Bees fans get the news you all hope for tomorrow and that you are up and running at Brandon. Don't want to see any club close down, even if it is your fiercest rivals. Fingers crossed for good news for all at Coventry :t:

Edited by Scottyfan
  • Like 7

I do hope thats a tongue in cheek comment.. :o

Track staff cannot leave the track untill the interval, im glad your bladder is strong . I believe you was a volunteer so you would know that., never said what you did tho.

No doubt you wasnt a red flag man and a raker.

As a matter of fact I was. Both. Not one of those who stands on a corner and does nothing but lean on a flag.

• Like 2

As a matter of fact I was. Both. Not one of those who stands on a corner and does nothing but lean on a flag.

Well then you would know, wouldn't you..

Some very good points...

However...

You forgot to include the often reported view of many Promoters over the years of "if you don't turn up, it's YOUR fault when I close it down"...

Always the victims of circumstances, never their fault....

Very true - although, to be fair, its not just promoters that spout that but fans too. 'Use it or lose it' has been heard many times on the pages of this forum.

It doesn't matter that the stadium is a dump, the customer service aggressive, hostile and abusive, the surface dreadful, the racing worse and the team awful, you still have to go.

Passionate fan that I am, I have never accepted that. As is the case with any business, it is for the speedway promotion to attract people by making their product and the customer experience as good as it can be. I have yet to be convinced that that is the case in quite possibly the majority of tracks across the country.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 5

I did say ages ago your best bet would to share with Leicester. Looks like that will come to fruitation...

I just spat out my drink at that... :rofl:

• Like 7

That is because you remember the horrors of the back straight bogs at Swindon

I've only ever heard about these on here and never used them myself. As we used to spend the afternoon climbing up to the top of the White Horse Hill with the dogs I don't think even my bladder could last all evening as well so presumably there must be another set of toilets somewhere at Blunsdon. :lol: Not been for years sadly since dogs were banned, even in the car park.

.............The Doctor............I just spat out my drink at that... :rofl:

Presumably Orange Juice? :P

Edited by Gemini

Forgetting all the rubbish about toilets and how good/bad you are hopefully we will receive some information today. I have yesterday watched Coventry play Rugby. Listened to the summary about Coventey City FC slowly approaching none league football. City of culture speaks for itself. As a city we had first class speedway best riders in the world stage Brandon. Won the FA cup in 1987 how sad both sports are rock bottom. With regard to Speedway if I have to go to Leicester to watch Cov/Leicester Bees then to quote Dragon Den I am out and finished with speedway after 65 years. I would say to the parties involved in Horton/Sandhu/ the people in Jersey who don't appear to want to reveal themselves one of you is to blame for the present situation. The way supporters have been treated is disgusting in no information, nothing from gothe very active (normally) Mr Watson, sad demise. I will not go to Leicester to support my local team If that's the decision then forget all the talk about mew stadiums etc. New housing will be on it's way and two fingers to the sports fans in the area of Coventry/Warwickshire. Wake up all of you have resorted to posting about how long you can wait before using a toilet and realise what you will be missing in 2017!!

• Like 5

I totally agree with Abbo, I first went to Brandon 47 years ago on my Dads shoulders. If we are not at Brandon this year I will most certainly not travel to Leicester or any other stadium to watch Coventry.

"...............Coventey City FC slowly approaching none (sic) league football. City of culture speaks for itself. As a city we had first class speedway best riders in the world stage Brandon. Won the FA cup in 1987 how sad both sports are rock bottom............"

Despite all the trials and tribulations at the City you still get over 9,000 people turning up for each home game. If the Bees got a third of that each week, there really wouldn't be a problem!

There are now announcements at www.speedwaygb.co and www.coventrybees.co

Edited by NeilWatson

This doesn't add up.

No mention of negotiations with Brandon Estates to make the stadium available to Sandhu to reinstate the fixtures to enable the Bees to return to Brandon during the season ...

No incentive for Sandhu to spend the money to reinstate the fixtures at Brandon unless he stands to gain through a resulting deal on planning permission which would then show he has an interest in Brandon Estates, be that personal or through the extended family ...

Only other explanation is he gets a deal on another piece of land to build a stadium of his own in the future.

As for what Horton gains from this, beyond being able to hold on to a Promoters Licence and the assets he bought from Sandhu, what else is there to be gained? Especially as he could achieve both of the former by taking up promotion rights at somewhere like Leicester Lions anyway ...

Don't think the truth will ever be revealed, stay of execution for the Bees of sorts, but for how long, who knows, and at what cost ...

Edited by beesknees