British Speedway Forum

Disaster written all over this. Cold damp early season weather, motorway's chocker on a Friday and a couple of poor results from a team that do not want to be there.

Crowds will drop of a cliff.

Not so sure that the short Motorway connecting Coventry to Leicester (the M69) has ever been 'chocker' to be honest.

Great news in that The Coventry Bees have been given a lifeline. Losing them to the sport is unthinkable. However, it would be good for their supporters to have a specific Brandon completion/reopening date. Sandhu and Horton are hardly masters of communication; nor adhering to timescales, are they!

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

So what about Brandon Estates supposedly calling the police in to investigate when Sandhu took his stuff back? Has that been sorted out yet?

So what role does have Sandhu have at Coventry now?

Is he back involved or just a financial backer??

Only the BSPA deserve any credit out of this. However in the statement I have no idea why they are thanking Sandhu or Horton. It's because of them we are in this mess.

Only the BSPA deserve any credit out of this. However in the statement I have no idea why they are thanking Sandhu or Horton. It's because of them we are in this mess.

Also who will own the lease...and from when?

• Like 1

Sadly the nature of speedway over the last 10-15 plus years gives me the impression that this is just delaying the inevitable and the first season of Premiership racing will be remembered for Coventry not making it to the end of the season, let alone back into their home stadium.

I hope I'm wrong and don't like to be pessimistic. Just part of being a speedway fan I guess!

Hopefully we can take this at face value and that the Bees will continue to race on and be back at Brandon as soon as possible.

• Like 1

So what about Brandon Estates supposedly calling the police in to investigate when Sandhu took his stuff back? Has that been sorted out yet?

Wouldn't be surprised if that never happened.

At least we can talk about actual speedway now!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

I do hope the Coventry fans make the effort.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

And you are riding at Leicester... Don't all jump on me at once.. ;)

Don't remember anyone telling you it wouldn't happen, just that it was a cr*p idea, which it is.

Hope Horton has some wealthy backers otherwise we won't see the season out.

And I'm one of the few that might give it a chance, if we have a clear date to return to Brandon.

Many I know won't or can't get to Leicester. The lack of facilities at Beaumont Park will put several off. The Bees have many fans that like to watch their speedway from the comfort of a nice warm bar.

• Like 1

Nice little earner for Buster.

Whoever meets the bees in April will be on to a winner as Coventry will obviously have no home track advantage. Let's have a look.

Kings Lynn

Leicester

Poole

It does give you a nice warm feeling that at least something's in the sport never change.

Why no home track advantage? It's not as if Leicester is new and the riders have never been there. All have ridden at Beaumont Park multiple times but whether they like the track or not is another question. :wink: Seeing that list all I can think of is not bloody Poole again early in the season as we normally lose. :neutral:

Not so sure that the short Motorway connecting Coventry to Leicester (the M69) has ever been 'chocker' to be honest.

It never is unless some stupid lorry driver decides to cause mayhem.

Don't remember anyone telling you it wouldn't happen, just that it was a cr*p idea, which it is.

No you were just praying i wasnt right... Nevermind eh..

Edited by Starman2006

I think in the end you will find that Sandu has the lease

And I'm one of the few that might give it a chance, if we have a clear date to return to Brandon.

Many I know won't or can't get to Leicester. The lack of facilities at Beaumont Park will put several off. The Bees have many fans that like to watch their speedway from the comfort of a nice warm bar.

It would seem Sandhu is the backer. Also club have said they will this week price up coach travel for fans. The other week most said they wouldn't go to Leicester but now the news has broke some have seemed to change their stance a little. It will need help from everyone to make it work and it won't be easy. For example we may have a spare seat or two in the car for some meetings so my Dad could give someone a lift. Fans can work together on this.

• Like 1

Here comes the paranoia again. :rolleyes: CB252 is right ~ check all the posts. No-one said it wouldn't happen because it was always a possibility but many of us thought it was a crap idea.

I think in the end you will find that Sandu has the lease

That must be what they are working towards. Should've been Sandhu from the beginning but differences stopped that it seems.

It's wasn't exactly difficult to work out it might happen but, if you need the ego boost, carry on gloating over our demise.

Still got disaster written all over it.

Would you still be able to get to Poole on your bike if they moved 30 mins away from Wimborne Rd?

• Like 1

I will be going

• Like 3