British Speedway Forum

When has he exactly said that? All I can remember is him being very quiet on everything that's gone on for the last few months, apart from recently saying the Bees will start the season at Leicester.

Build a new home? Never in a million years could a group of fans be able to control the club and do this. It took Leicester 28 years. I don't think I can hang around that long. :lol:

Maybe speedway fans haven't got the passion and desire like football fans who have got together and saved their club and ran it themselves.

Here's interesting... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/39004585

So if one day speedway could be taken as seriously as netball, maybe salvation for the Bees could come from the Wasps "brand" (or "family" - you choose) ???

The problem will be to allow enough time for the bad blood to be washed away, for the dodgy characters to be far enough removed from the scene, and for the rest of the sport to get up to the level of respectability and status that Women's Netball has in this country. And that will be a problem.

Here's interesting... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/39004585

So if one day speedway could be taken as seriously as netball, maybe salvation for the Bees could come from the Wasps "brand" (or "family" - you choose) ???

The problem will be to allow enough time for the bad blood to be washed away, for the dodgy characters to be far enough removed from the scene, and for the rest of the sport to get up to the level of respectability and status that Women's Netball has in this country. And that will be a problem.

As someone who is in Manchester at the moment heading to watch Wasps at Sale, I would love that idea. Thing is when Wasps bought the operating company of the Ricoh Arena they had a ready made exhibition hall that can hold indoor sports. Wouldn't be surprised if they started a Basketball team too.

Maybe speedway fans haven't got the passion and desire like football fans who have got together and saved their club and ran it themselves.

Most speedway clubs don't have the numbers but Coventry is a little different as we have decent fan base and add the Stox fans too. 3,600 are on our Save Cov Speedway Facebook page. Edited by woz01

My grandad passed away this week, a huge bees fan, he used to watch the DVD's over and over again.

Good luck for 2017

RIP Grandad Tony

It's not beyond the fans control though as a bees fan group could of gained control of the club ages ago and worked to build a new home to build a long term future.

Anything is possible as everybody knew these problems would happen but the bees fans have done nothing and have left the clubs future to Horton the man they must trust.

You say anything is possible, but in your previous post you claim there's not a chance of Bees returning to Brandon......make your mind up!

• Like 1

You say anything is possible, but in your previous post you claim there's not a chance of Bees returning to Brandon......make your mind up!

Clearly you didn't understand,most passionate fans will do anything possible if they want to save their club but would you say that about Horton with his track record of clubs closing ?

Clearly you didn't understand,most passionate fans will do anything possible if they want to save their club but would you say that about Horton with his track record of clubs closing ?

I think I do understand........you are trying to move the goalposts.

I agree, Horton is no Tony Mole, but there is a train of thought that without him Coventry could have closed before now......and a perfectly reasonable train of thought to be fair.

One one hand you say ANYTHING is possible, and on the other you say there is NO chance.........a complete contradiction.

So which is it?

• Like 1

I wouldn't say they haven't got the passion and desire but there are a sight lot more football fans than there are speedway so they've probably got more chance of running the club themselves.

I wouldn't say they haven't got the passion and desire but there are a sight lot more football fans than there are speedway so they've probably got more chance of running the club themselves.

Afc Wimbledon about the same fan base as the bees at the time, Fc United of Manchester,Hinckley Utd,wycombe to name a few whose fans have saved their club from extinction and moved it forward by running it as a supporters owned club.

I think I do understand........you are trying to move the goalposts.

I agree, Horton is no Tony Mole, but there is a train of thought that without him Coventry could have closed before now......and a perfectly reasonable train of thought to be fair.

One one hand you say ANYTHING is possible, and on the other you say there is NO chance.........a complete contradiction.

So which is it?

It will be a contradictory answer anyway.

Afc Wimbledon about the same fan base as the bees at the time, Fc United of Manchester,Hinckley Utd,wycombe to name a few whose fans have saved their club from extinction and moved it forward by running it as a supporters owned club.

Okay fair enough I don't follow football so no idea what the attendances are like for those clubs but you say 'running it as a supporters owned club' which is a bit different to having to build a new home somewhere as you said in your original post. Any old grass field would do for a football match, just stick some goal posts up and paint a few lines and they're away. :lol: Speedway is completely different needing a track, tractors, starting gate, lights, loudspeakers, toilets, food outlets, pits, car park etc. etc., and that's if you can find somewhere miles away from any houses to avoid complaints about noisy motorbikes.

• Like 1

Okay fair enough I don't follow football so no idea what the attendances are like for those clubs but you say 'running it as a supporters owned club' which is a bit different to having to build a new home somewhere as you said in your original post. Any old grass field would do for a football match, just stick some goal posts up and paint a few lines and they're away. :lol: Speedway is completely different needing a track, tractors, starting gate, lights, loudspeakers, toilets, food outlets, pits, car park etc. etc., and that's if you can find somewhere miles away from any houses to avoid complaints about noisy motorbikes.

I was talking teams with better facilities than fields,lol

Someone said rugby council are supportive that is the biggest start, I remember some years ago not far from Brandon they were close to building an international airport on masses of land so surely rugby council could find a somerset type piece of land where the airport was planned and I feel if it was a fans group it would get even more support.

Finding a field, that is suitable for any sort of stadium is difficult. For any sort of motorsport, it's nigh on impossible. Not only have you got to contend with the "nimby" fraternity, you have the environmentalists, green belt strategists, infrastructure issues, the "community" that's just outside the "nimby" fraternity, and Planning, if a Speedway track can be built, let's allow houses or industrial estates to be erected there. The stadium, however small, has to be connected to the drain system, unless you go down the chemical waste route, you need a water supply, electric supply, and wobetide, any pollution escapes into the land and/or watercourse!!

Assuming a piece of land can be found that is suitable, and it meets (ALL) the criteria.. How long does it take to get it through the local council? You know, planning, public meetings for any disputes over it being built there, newt search, etc.. If they find that golden bit of land, say March 1st, how soon could ground be broken?

• Like 2

I was talking teams with better facilities than fields,lol

Someone said rugby council are supportive that is the biggest start, I remember some years ago not far from Brandon they were close to building an international airport on masses of land so surely rugby council could find a somerset type piece of land where the airport was planned and I feel if it was a fans group it would get even more support.

That airport idea would've wiped out loads of villages. There is land near Coventry Airport but it seems its earmarked for warehousing units. There was one site that would've been ideal but it was advised planning would fail due to access in and out of the site at Brandon Farm. Edited by woz01

Start time this season will be 7.45 and season tickets and admission prices will be announced shortly.