British Speedway Forum

Poor team with a weak top 5 & excessive 10 points on reserves. One decent five point reserve (Bates) is enough. Should have gone with:

King

Bjerre

Bjerre

Garrity

Kylmakorpi

Perks

Bates

• Like 4

Poor team with a weak top 5 & excessive 10 points on reserves. One decent five point reserve (Bates) is enough. Should have gone with:

King

Bjerre

Bjerre

Garrity

Kylmakorpi

Perks

Bates

Yes one decent signing would of made a huge difference. It's not exactly rocket science.

Korpi is obviously more expensive than Kerr, and that I'm afraid is all it's about now with Coventry under this shower. Ford stated in their local paper that Coventry had financial problems and Horton wanted costs cut even more!!

Edited by Bees_Man

In answer to a couple of points; I stood on the roof of my van in Speedway Lane so not the best view of the inner track area, but i could see the stand and general look of the place. I also walked around into the woods and could see the contractors at the rear of the main stand with two skips. The skips contained old rubbish, a section of temporary link fencing and other materials. There was no armco barrier sections or other materials that I could identify from the track as I know it. The pictures I have seen show the track entrance where there is no armco barrier anyway. I have not seen any pictures of the bends / straights, that shows where armco has been removed. I have pictures of when the armco was installed many years ago. The foundations have steel sections six feet in length set in concrete under ground, the visible armco is also filled with concrete, this would be a major job to remove and would need some serious machinery. The only machinery I could see today was a cherry picker in the riders car park, not being used, and a mini digger being used by the contractors. I am only reporting on what i could see and on what one of the contractors said to me.

• Like 3

Crikey me I thought Leonard cohen had shuffled off his mortal coil, his spirit sure lives on in this thread.

I partly get the criticism of the team and sarje is a risk on his average but he achieved it by an improved second half of the season at Ipswich now he needs to kick on and prove his worth over a full year with the bees.

We have four young brits who are all improving ,Danny is on an upward curve if the bjerre boys get going we will be alright .

This side is only just below the limit (compared to 3 points last year) I realise averages will drop but this side can average 45/46 and we must then be in with a play off shout.

Up the bees

• Like 3

Crikey me I thought Leonard cohen had shuffled off his mortal coil, his spirit sure lives on in this thread.

I partly get the criticism of the team and sarje is a risk on his average but he achieved it by an improved second half of the season at Ipswich now he needs to kick on and prove his worth over a full year with the bees.

We have four young brits who are all improving ,Danny is on an upward curve if the bjerre boys get going we will be alright .

This side is only just below the limit (compared to 3 points last year) I realise averages will drop but this side can average 45/46 and we must then be in with a play off shout.

Up the bees

Sarj is not improving we could have had a lot better team cost cutting religation battle is all we will be fighting for next season Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1

Sarje ......2015 premier average 5.00

Sarje.......2016 premier average 5.80

I think he is improving but the proof will only be proven on the track .

sarge's ave 2015 from reserve, 2016 from no2 so is improving

Maybe, but his EL average equates to 5.33 & yet the Bees have signed him on his PL average of 5.81

• Like 1

There are many references to Mick Horton doing everything, including team building, on the cheap

He obviously doesn't have a bottomless pit of funds, and has to work to a budget - he clearly doesn't make a fortune out of being promoter of Bees, but is willing to give it a go as far as those funds will go

Thanks to him Bees have survived to 2016, despite various problems thrust on him not of his creation - and he carries on into 2017 with the clear intention of speedway continuing at Brandon

Other promotions have gone under through financial problems, but Bees continue, at present, thanks to Mick Horton's efforts

• Like 3

In the PL he also partnered Danny in 3 of his heats and ended up with more bonus points than any other Witches rider last year.

For Ipswich after a shaky first few weeks he was generally exceeding expectations.

Maybe, but his EL average equates to 5.33 & yet the Bees have signed him on his PL average of 5.81

But the league is closer to PL than EL.

I'm sure he'll easily get 5+ in reserve.

His EL form wasn't helped that he started riding well, went into the 1-5 because he waste of space that was Woryna was failing and in doing so struggled to beat an opponent for about 4 meetings. He never really seemed to get over that. Sarj is a confidence rider. If he can ride at #7 all year he'll do well.

Edited by SCB

There are many references to Mick Horton doing everything, including team building, on the cheap

He obviously doesn't have a bottomless pit of funds, and has to work to a budget - he clearly doesn't make a fortune out of being promoter of Bees, but is willing to give it a go as far as those funds will go

Thanks to him Bees have survived to 2016, despite various problems thrust on him not of his creation - and he carries on into 2017 with the clear intention of speedway continuing at Brandon

Other promotions have gone under through financial problems, but Bees continue, at present, thanks to Mick Horton's efforts

And long may he continue at Brandon .