British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Should Greg Hancock Ride For Usa?

The guy has pissed all over the British fans, so if he's giving the youngsters a chance surely he'll be in the pits helping them out!

• Like 2

If it takes 60 seconds per race(4 laps) & they are replacing riders to learn & for experience, doing 3 laps in 60 seconds. To be lapped means they will do 4 laps in 80. Even some NL lads & the MDL lads are not that slow so they, really, should not be there.

I applaud giving opportunities to youngsters but this seems inconsistent with Janniro still riding. I would have thought the youngsters might have learned a bit more riding with Greg?

• Like 5

Hancock can't be arsed simple as that

Based off what I have read so far, I would buy this reason over the 'giving youngsters a chance' reason more credence.

I hope he has a very very good reason for not riding, and I dont grab giving the youngsters a chance....if that was the case why bother in the Event 2.

Probable that USA would finish last tonight, maybe not, but or there top rider to pull out (except for exceptional reasons) is very poor and a very bad decision which he may regret.

At 2:56pm I dont think you got a chance of Germany riding.

Oh I know that but USA can't field a competitive team there a joke and should be banned from future events imo

2rohxls.jpg

I say chuck the US out and let the Germans ride

:lol:

Why? USA literally qualified for the event and haven’t done anything wrong.

If it takes 60 seconds per race(4 laps) & they are replacing riders to learn & for experience, doing 3 laps in 60 seconds. To be lapped means they will do 4 laps in 80. Even some NL lads & the MDL lads are not that slow so they, really, should not be there.

Really? You think they'll be lapped? They'll all be on the pace.

All this aggro about Greg, I think there'll be more stories unfold in the coming days regarding Aggregate :D

Edited by no-brakes-uk

I hope he has a very very good reason for not riding, and I dont grab giving the youngsters a chance....if that was the case why bother in the Event 2.

Probable that USA would finish last tonight, maybe not, but or there top rider to pull out (except for exceptional reasons) is very poor and a very bad decision which he may regret.

As I explained earlier, Event 2 was the important one for the USA as by qualifying for the race-off they are already qualified for next years semi.

Had they lost to Germany, they would have to qualify.

Reaching the race-off was their goal, they have no chance of going further so this is an opportunity to give some riders experience.

I can see the reasoning, but personally I don't agree with it and think it undermines the tournament. Greg was a bit of a wildcard tonight, with whomever on the other teams could take pts of him playing a big factor.

• Like 5

Bewitched has very well explained the reasoning behind the move.

Which are no doubt correct

It only remains to point out what cynical, scumbags with no care for the speedway public some riders actually are.

When you strip down their motives to the bone.

You can spend your whole career developing a wholsome, fan friendly persona in the media and on the terraces.

But then the mask slips.

'So long as we know'

• Like 1