British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington V Newcastle Pl 6/8/16 7pm

damned predictive text. jenna (jenga) wear your school uniform tommorow

we have split up for the summer holidays . new uniform coming soon . last year at school this year . then its straight into maccy dee,s for work . chance of a life time .

Think this has gone off topic a little XD

Think this has gone off topic a little XD

You reckon!! :D

First time this season I'll see two consecutive matches, and this one on the cheap, fantastic, all I need now is a meeting as good as the last one, with, the same outcome and I'll be more than happy this weekend!! ;)

• Like 1

diamonds look strong enough to take this .

• Like 1

I hope so Jenga :t: Will be watching on the updates website from Devon though :(

Diamonds as bad as Newcastle United away from home

It's been for a few year now though and especially on certain tracks also - what is it with our team this year (and others years) when at least 2 of our riders are off form at away meetings nearly every time - you are not going to win anything if this continues. Very poor performance by MK who after scoring 10 at Somerset then scores 2 (and one of those due to an exclusion) and as much as I think RL is an enormous talent his gating needs to improve (I know he's only 18 before anyone says). Very frustrated supporter, what is it with the Diamonds team(s) at Workington or Scunthorpe :sad: :sad: :sad:

Edited by acclennell

Poor performance by Diamonds. Shows why we can't continue to carry Phillips. Kus shocking, came in for his away performances and currently not delivering. We'll win nothing with performances like that. Trophies and titles are won on the road!!!!

• Like 2

ACC

obviously a poor result tonight, and I echo what you say regarding Kus, thought we bought him for his away performances which haven't been the best :(,,, but, still over 2 legs I would still back Newcastle, especially on home form and, thats the way to win the league these days (imo),,, its only Somerset that I would be wary about over 2 legs as they haven't raced here yet and seem to be tearing everyone else apart and I hope it wasn't a fluke that we got a point down there,,,

Oh !!!,,, and there's the 'cut off' date and hope we manage to make up some ground before it,,,

ACC

obviously a poor result tonight, and I echo what you say regarding Kus, thought we bought him for his away performances which haven't been the best :(,,, but, still over 2 legs I would still back Newcastle, especially on home form and, thats the way to win the league these days (imo),,, its only Somerset that I would be wary about over 2 legs as they haven't raced here yet and seem to be tearing everyone else apart and I hope it wasn't a fluke that we got a point down there,,,

Oh !!!,,, and there's the 'cut off' date and hope we manage to make up some ground before it,,,

Agree Ruff frustrated as it seems to be every away meeting we have 2 riders badly off form and you can't to that week after week if you really want to win stuff. It's not only this year though it's been a few years now. I have been LL's biggest critic but he has been pretty consistent this year in the main away from home. I would not have signed MK never been a big fan - we shall see what the end of season brings but there are a few tems now picking up away points so we are far from certain for qualifying and also bearing in mind that there will no doubt be a few meetings when we are not tracking our full team. Mind you the times we have tracked our full team away we have blown it anyway.

Edited by acclennell

kus just not interested at all should be replaced phillips had a poor night but your own team manager had his part to play palavaro dropped in heat 8 and replaced by lewis rose to partner the poor phillips then in palavaros next race came out and rode a superb race to win

once again i failed to see why so many class robert lambart so highly yes hes a good young talant but hes not as good as all the hype

plenty of rolling/jump starts tonight that were let go ken hansan disqualified during the race for crossing the inside line and matt williamsan slowed when the red exclussion light came on dropping him out of contention

hansan wasnt the only rider to cross the inside line tonight but only 1 pulled up for it

some good racing tonight in not the best of conditions credit to both teams for RACING all the way to heat 15 with on off rain

kus just not interested at all should be replaced phillips had a poor night but your own team manager had his part to play palavaro dropped in heat 8 and replaced by lewis rose to partner the poor phillips then in palavaros next race came out and rode a superb race to win

once again i failed to see why so many class robert lambart so highly yes hes a good young talant but hes not as good as all the hype

plenty of rolling/jump starts tonight that were let go ken hansan disqualified during the race for crossing the inside line and matt williamsan slowed when the red exclussion light came on dropping him out of contention

hansan wasnt the only rider to cross the inside line tonight but only 1 pulled up for it

some good racing tonight in not the best of conditions credit to both teams for RACING all the way to heat 15 with on off rain

He is mind you but he does need to improve his gating for sure to really step up.

• Like 2

He is like, been watching speedway best part of 40 years and cant recall many better at 18...the lad is phenomenal and sure to be in the Elite group of world speedway riders for years to come, but ok seems to struggle at Derwent Park.

Dunno why Palavaara was dropped in heat 8, but am sure there would be a reason not to leave him in,,,

Kus, imo has actually been ok at home and even managed a genuine pass last week, albeit against Redcar,,, but his away form has not been great,,,

Not sure how many times you've seen Lambert and after 2 visits to Derwent Park he has not been 'dialled in',,, maybe the place is one of his bogies, but he is good, all round prospect.

He is like, been watching speedway best part of 40 years and cant recall many better at 18...the lad is phenomenal and sure to be in the Elite group of world speedway riders for years to come, but ok seems to struggle at Derwent Park.

It's a shame George can't get him in touch with Rod Hunter or Dave Hammett for tips on how to gate as they were the best I have seen

Dunno why Palavaara was dropped in heat 8, but am sure there would be a reason not to leave him in,,,

Kus, imo has actually been ok at home and even managed a genuine pass last week, albeit against Redcar,,, but his away form has not been great,,,

Not sure how many times you've seen Lambert and after 2 visits to Derwent Park he has not been 'dialled in',,, maybe the place is one of his bogies, but he is good, all round prospect.

Seems via the updates that it was his gating which was the problem

Edited by acclennell