British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Pl Draft Riders

I think the BSPA are on the right lines with the draft system, but haven't gone far enough, and/or have found a way of making a dogs dinner out of what should be a decent idea. I think having a draft rider from the NL should be protected so that that rider stays a No7, I would've like to have seen both reserves as draft riders though it seems it cant be done, maybe we should have both reserves as British riders, one protected draft from the NL and if that means one or two foreign riders miss out over then so be it, it seems some only get contracts because their average fits.

• Like 2

I think the BSPA are on the right lines with the draft system, but haven't gone far enough,....

King of sums it up for me. Me in both leagues they're trying but typical BSPA/British Speedway the actual execution is piss poor.

If you don't have a PL place then it makes sense to allow NL riders to guest irrespective of their

average - the sport or rather promoters complicate a simple replacement scheme.

Draft riders will only work providing they don't increase their average considerably otherwise we will get

into the situation where promoters will cry 'it's not fair' your rider is averaging 6 in a reserve position.

Edited by GWC