British Speedway Forum

I think you are trying to change the argument. Nobody is actually challenging the 'massif', it is YOU who is constantly bagging on about what YOU do for the sport and YOUR connections. Don't try and change what others are commenting on. Self praise is no recommendation.

Mirror, signal manoeuvre. See you ate Brough Dave. We can chat about this then over a cup of tea :-) .

Well I started this thread as a bit of fun and although it has one or two detractors I think momentum is gathering and apart from initially a few knitting zombies moving away from the area if anything it appears more people are moving into the Massif zone to join the fun! Well at least that's how it looked from my vantage point on the first bend on Thursday anyway, and yes guys and gals I could hear you from there.

With the playoffs now looking a real possibility I'm hoping to be fit enough to climb the stand and rejoin the collective before the season before is over, until that time keep up the good work and see you all soon.

• Like 1

Is it really lumpy and bumpy or is that the way the new dirt is?

Maybe.

But I felt the track was pretty smooth earlier in the season.

Well I started this thread as a bit of fun and although it has one or two detractors I think momentum is gathering and apart from initially a few knitting zombies moving away from the area if anything it appears more people are moving into the Massif zone to join the fun! Well at least that's how it looked from my vantage point on the first bend on Thursday anyway, and yes guys and gals I could hear you from there.

With the playoffs now looking a real possibility I'm hoping to be fit enough to climb the stand and rejoin the collective before the season before is over, until that time keep up the good work and see you all soon.

Good to hear El Presidente. If you don't make it round this Thursday either one of the waiters or the minion will bring you some of the buffet.

Now where has my wallpaper table gone, surely I didn't chuck that too...?

I won't comment on Thread stalkers and the regulations about editing quoted posts, because some BSF Members aren't worth communicating with.....

I won't comment on Thread stalkers and the regulations about editing quoted posts, because some BSF Members aren't worth communicating with.....

Arson is a good guy macca - as are others in this little 'spat' - including yourself fella!

Seems to have blown up out of all proportion IMO.

Whilst I havent met many of them I have enjoyed plenty of intelligent posts from all of them and a number of enlightening PMs

My general impression is that they are mature gents with extensive knowledge of the sport and a variety of solid connections at many levels - rather like yourself macca!

All also can have a rather light hearted slant to some replies although never with any malice - just an ability not to take things TOO seriously at all times. Again not too unlike yourself.

Given all that I actually think that you would all get on like a house on fire with a chat over a pint.

Time to shake hands and move on.....

• Like 5

Thread stalkers please pray explain that one too me as i was under the impression we were on a forum or are you only allowed to post on certain topics as long as we get the all clear from you.

Dare i say i have had the audacity to comment on lewy on how he is a decent guy if you ever met him and you then resort to name calling to certain posters and cryptic posts on how people edit & stalk threads.

Let me make this clear I don't know you and i have no problem with you personally but because some posters don't agree with what you post doesn't make them wrong they are only expressing an opinion. Some posts can be interpreted out off context as they are in general impersonal at times and it is easy to read into them the wrong way i have been guilty off this numerous times as i am sure most on here are.

So from that perspective i will continue to express my opinion wether i am right or wrong but it is never personal after all this is what this forum is meant to be all about.

• Like 2

I do a lot of thread stalking but very little thread posting...

• Like 1

Ok last word on this from me: I just feel that "lewy" overstepped the mark with his personal comments about me and baldyman on Ipswich Threads and none of this would have escalated if he hadn't of done that. I actually thought that we had "kissed and made up" about a month ago, but, no, he came in and had a dig again and that set me off and I can be like a dog with a bone sometimes and this really got under my skin as I thought it was too personal and unnecessary. I will adopt a different tack if he does it again. Also I offer an unreserved apology if I have upset any BSF members. As Sue says, stalking Posts is one thing...

So, back to the BSF Massif:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1659106357736934/

Is everyone cooking up a storm for Thursday (weather set fare) and where am I going to get a gazebo and one of those wall paper tables from....? And where did I get those Rocket Baboons from as they went down (up) a storm?

Edited by macca56

Ignore the detractors, you're doing a great job, that's from a Lynn fan haha Just keep having fun

• Like 1

Ignore the detractors, you're doing a great job, that's from a Lynn fan haha Just keep having fun

Thank You Trees, means a lot (I was a KL fan for the whole of 1982 - but I won't say why as it seems to annoy some people, lol)

One final final thing: I thought it was against Forum rules for a Member to Quote another member's Post and alter it in some way to change the meaning of the Original Post or to denigrate the OP? Well, "Arson Fire" did this to my Post #110 and this is what I objected to. Maybe you did not pick up on this "Gazc", as you are so intent on simply hammering me that you cannot see the other side and there is always another side.

Thank You Trees, means a lot (I was a KL fan for the whole of 1982 - but I won't say why as it seems to annoy some people, lol)

One final final thing: I thought it was against Forum rules for a Member to Quote another member's Post and alter it in some way to change the meaning of the Original Post or to denigrate the OP? Well, "Arson Fire" did this to my Post #110 and this is what I objected to. Maybe you did not pick up on this "Gazc", as you are so intent on simply hammering me that you cannot see the other side and there is always another side.

??? He didn't change it?

;) chill man, its only banter :) people are dying in the world and living in poverty.