British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Wolves V Belle Vue 8/8/16

Got to love it.. "A world champion ringer"..

Yep, a club asset who has ridden for the club for six years and has an average below that of the rider he would be replacing.

If Kylmakorpi had been riding well the conversation wouldn't even be happening, as it is, he's just contributed 0 0 0, a shocking effort. Now, I don't know what fantasy sports your so called friends follow, but most fans of any sport would be wanting someone replaced who contributed such a performance.

The real issue here is nothing to do with fictitious friends, it's your panic that Wolves might beat you.

Nobody know if there is conspiracy going on regarding Tia ,but if you had watched Kylmakorpi on Sat he did not look " out of form" .Cant be ars#d if more like it.The sport cannot be taken seriously nowadays with team make-ups etc.IMO.

This will always happen I think that Poole rolled out Hancock a couple of years ago for half dozen meeting at the end of the season ( every team would do what ever they can to make the play off's and win the league if possible ) so would it be much different if Tai did the same for his team to whom he an asset as well.I personally don't like GP riders dipping in and out of the EL but if it is within the rules fair enough and as has been said we will see one of the best riders in the world is that not worth something at the end of the day.

Nobody know if there is conspiracy going on regarding Tia ,but if you had watched Kylmakorpi on Sat he did not look " out of form" .Cant be ars#d if more like it.The sport cannot be taken seriously nowadays with team make-ups etc.IMO.

It really isn't a difficult concept to understand.. Kylmakorpi scoring 0 does NOT help in terms of replacing him.

Your comment is up there with some of the most ridiculous on this forum... we're now to believe that if a rider 'can't be arsed'.. the sport cannot be taken seriously if they are replaced!! :t::rofl:

• Like 1

if its possible and tai will do it then its a total no brainer,will cost plenty but extra revenues from the semi and possible final should cover costs and even leave a profit for the promoters! if he has no play offs in europe i think he will quite fancy it

Will it costs lots? Tai will not want to go into the last 5 GPs having not ridden any other meetings. He needs meetings now, so riding every Monday (plus one Thursday) for Wolves will be ideal. Keeps him sharp for the GP series, isn't trekking all over Europe to get burnt out. Do Wolves need Woffy or does Woffy need Wolves? Or maybe a bit of both. Maybe Tai is happy to just be riding and the monetary side of things doesn't matter too much to him if it helps him in a World title.

As half the meeting he'll be riding in will be play-offs and as he's a British World Champion I bet crowd surge if/when he returns. As I see it it's win/win for Woffy and Wolves.

As for those barking, "it's wrong", "it's a joke", "it's not fair". Boo hoo! It's not against any rule and nobody was saying it was wrong when Woffy was averaging 7.00 for Wolves 2 seasons ago! They're now about the benefit from that season of abject failure from him and good luck to them (not too much though, I want BV to win the league)

It really is quite simple, IF it happened, which I still doubt it will, Wolves are replacing a 7.06 rider with a 7.03.

Nothing to see, move on.

• Like 1

So it is now in stone that “my friend said it is a joke” posts should be taken seriously, totally agree.

I have friends who think this is a great thing, so that’s the friends thing counterbalanced so the actual think can be spoken about.

It isn’t cheating, it isn’t against the rules it is a transfer being made during a transfer window it is no more or less “mickey mouse” than a football team signing a player during the January transfer window, mickey mouse sport that it is.

There is no relevance. Had Joonas ridden well (or just average) then Tai could have replaced Joonas on August 31st (transfer deadline day) and Joonas have ridden in the last 4 league meeting. Joonas scoring badly just means that his average has dropped so Wolves will have to act sooner.

It also means Joonas will find it easier to get another team place (or a team place next year). Riders have under performed since time began when finding out theyre about to be sacked!

There is no relevance. Had Joonas ridden well (or just average) then Tai could have replaced Joonas on August 31st (transfer deadline day) and Joonas have ridden in the last 4 league meeting. Joonas scoring badly just means that his average has dropped so Wolves will have to act sooner.

It also means Joonas will find it easier to get another team place (or a team place next year). Riders have under performed since time began when finding out theyre about to be sacked!

So we pay money to watch riders underperform so as we can watch them next season riding for another Team.Aye right ,you wonder why attendances are going down !

For what it's worth, I would welcome Tai back to the EL, because beating a team which includes the present world champion who just happens to be English over 2 legs in the final of the P/Off's, would be the icing on the cake for Belle Vue. ;):D

• Like 3

If a top GP rider can at the end of the Polish/Swedish leagues that haven't made Their respective play-offs, sign for an BEL club for the play-offs, then yes, we do need a rule to stop that route to strengthening up for the play-offs...

A transfer window mid season could be implemented that would allow teams to strengthen up, however, I would also allow special dispensation for a club to bring in riders outside the window to replace injured riders....

Maybe go back to the system in operation the last time The Aces topped the league and made the final. The one where no replacement was allowed even to replace a rider with a broken thigh. Sounds daft I know but at least it stopped The Aces winning so job done by the powers that be

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

All i can say is that if a football team wanted to sign Messi just for a major cup final do you think that the powers that be would allow it and if so would all football fans say thats ok it will be nice to see him play.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

All i can say is that if a football team was wanted to sign Messi just for a major cup final do you think that the powers that be would allow it and if so would all football fans say thats ok it will be nice to see him play.

Wolves aren't signing Woffinden. He is already a Wolves asset.

They're also not bringing him back into their team 'just for a major cup final' are they? Or have Wolves not got six league meetings left?

Finally, with regards to football teams. They have rules regarding when you can and cannot sign players. So yes, the 'powers that be' would allow a player to be signed within the transfer window. Speedway also has rules stating when changes can be made to a team and Wolves would be operating WELL within those rules.

So if that's 'all you can say', your argument is pretty poor.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

How great it is to see a rider who didn't want to know about riding in Britain until it became clear that his overseas meetings will be drying up is rumored to be replacing a rider who committed himself to a full season's racing in Britain.

Wonder if we will be able to build next year's team around him?

• Like 1

I love speedway fans.

"Woffinden is a disgrace for not riding in the UK!"

"It's a disgrace Woffinden is going to ride in the UK!"

• Like 4

If a top GP rider can at the end of the Polish/Swedish leagues that haven't made Their respective play-offs, sign for an BEL club for the play-offs, then yes, we do need a rule to stop that route to strengthening up for the play-offs...

A transfer window mid season could be implemented that would allow teams to strengthen up, however, I would also allow special dispensation for a club to bring in riders outside the window to replace injured riders....

we should be encouraging MORE of the top boys over not less. So, they get to pick and choose meetings. So what? We should applaud the move IF it were to happen.

At the end of the day I don't consider the play offs as a credible way to decide a league

You arent the first to say that. However this is the modern way and helps generates crowds and a buzz about the sport, it's a win win.

I love speedway fans.

"Woffinden is a disgrace for not riding in the UK!"

"It's a disgrace Woffinden is going to ride in the UK!"

:rofl:

The idiocy of some. :t:

• Like 1