British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

I don't quite know what you mean by 'official' but here is a news report. http://www.skysports.com/speedway/news/12268/10538896/tai-woffinden-steps-down-as-great-britain-captain

Thank you for that ff. I am grateful. :t::approve:

Like I said months ago TW decision to throw his toys out and quit really angered the bspa and it should British fans, how can British fans support a British rider who doesn't support British speedway.

Fans need to forget TW and support the Brits who really want to wear the national teams race kevlars

• Like 2

Like I said months ago TW decision to throw his toys out and quit really angered the bspa and it should British fans, how can British fans support a British rider who doesn't support British speedway.

Fans need to forget TW and support the Brits who really want to wear the national teams race kevlars

While I will agree with your post, but why have so many riders in the past have had issues ? The likes of Craig Cook, Scott Nicholls & even the great late Lee Richardson ?

I think he has left the team because he thinks its a shambles under Rossiter. That is a shame if accurate as we can't work without one of the very best in the world. In 2017 Team GB will get slaughtered without Woffiden's points. Take him out of the 2016 side, replace with Bomber or Scott Nicholls, we would have been a bad 4th in the Final.

He left the team because he wants his own way all the time ..whatever he may think of Rosco we have just had are best result in years ..For some reason Tai thinks he know best on all things speedway in the uk and his toys come out of the pram when he does not get his own way .

The bottom line he just a rider and should get on with that rather than to run and and pick the side .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

He left the team because he wants his own way all the time ..whatever he may think of Rosco we have just had are best result in years ..For some reason Tai thinks he know best on all things speedway in the uk and his toys come out of the pram when he does not get his own way .

The bottom line he just a rider and should get on with that rather than to run and and pick the side .[/

Your right he wants his own way and his demands were not met so he threw his toys out and walked away from the British final and then team GB then expected a testimonial in Britain which showed he isn't the brightest spark.

The bottom line he just a rider and should get on with that rather than to run and and pick the side .[/

Your right he wants his own way and his demands were not met so he threw his toys out and walked away from the British final and then team GB then expected a testimonial in Britain which showed he isn't the brightest spark.

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Woffinden turn out for Australia in the not too distant future!!!

ame="robert72" post="2902902" timestamp="1483223119"]

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Woffinden turn out for Australia in the not too distant future!!!

I wouldn't be surprised either if they found the money to pay him what he wanted to ride for them he would jump at it.

If he cared about British youngsters, he would be running training schools at British tracks during the winter months.

I wouldn't be surprised either if they found the money to pay him what he wanted to ride for them he would jump at it.

Ah, you're now following up your inside knowledge on what his late father would have thought by revealing your current inside hotline to the thoughts of the rider himself. How very clever.

Interesting article in the local press. Guess it's easy to see why he is cheesed off with the BSPA

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-sport/speedway/2017/02/27/tai-woffinden-interview-wolverhampton-wolves-hero-and-likeable-champion/

This is already running on GP/WC forum.

Typical Tai.Just rubbish and how great am I.

Yukkkidddy doodah! Yukkkiddy heh! How sad to think Tai Woffinden's on the way to being Britain's rider with most world titles to his credit. :sad:

Edited by Guest

“I told them what I wanted to be enforced to take the next step as a team,”

Unless either he or the BSPA explain what these ideas he wanted enforced were then it's difficult to attach blame to either side. On the points he's made in this article, firstly it's hardly a crime to be smiling on the podium in the WC final. Look at the pictures of the GP podium and Woffinden is smiling with his silver medal there so he can't complain that others did in the World Cup.

None of the riders turning up to a fitness test he organised obviously sounds pretty bad. The question is did he contact the riders before to make sure they were available etc on that day?

Eating in a pizza/kebab shop I can understand being frustrating if you're trying to be a professional but then I assume that the BSPA aren't responsible for eating arrangements. Maybe as captain it's something he should have discussed before with the rest of the management and said 'look, we should be eating a decent meal as a team - lets go to .... '

• Like 2