British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

GB Speedway has lost a world champion from it's team. Those in charge, those buying or paying for the kebab team meal, should look at themselves to ask WHY.

Team GB wont get to the 2017 SWC Final this season. Woffy cares about that yet we criticise him. That is beyond my brain

Edited by marky
  • Like 2

Has Tai thought he might be wrong ? how can be right that if we don't what he wants then he acts like baby and takes his ball back all the time ...as I said before what did Denmark and Sweden do before this world cup that was so great ? the bottom line is we beat them .

Tai is only a speedway rider and should remember that ...but in tai case he wants to pick the team tell them what they should eat how we should the run the league and if we don't the toys come out the pram like a 5 year old ...maybe if was not so childish all the time people might take notice

But we finished SECOND!!!

Who was it who scored the majority, by a long way, of our Points. Tai Woffinden, thats who. Without him and his ideas - see where we get this year. I will predict - NOWHERE!!!

Obviously - you don't like Tai. You are one of those who is happy to see Great Britain slide down the pecking order in World Speedway. Some of Tai's ideas make sense to me - and if he can put us back on the map in a Speedway sense - then good luck to him.

He deserves a chance to try.

As for, as you put it, "acts like baby and takes his ball back" - has it ever occurred to you that he may have had no choice in his actions if they wouldn't listen to him if that was the case.

But read my Post - he could just be right - you certainly can't say he is wrong.

• Like 2

Only because he can't get anywhere with his ideas.

Have you ever thought - Tai might just be right. If you want Speedway to stay the way it is then fine - we won't get anywhere. If you want it to improve then perhaps Tai should be listened to - he is most certainly not an idiot. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could improve Great Britain's Speedway Team massively.

It might not work - but unless we try something different we will be doomed to stay in the Speedway doldrums for a very long time. Tai could indeed be the answer. As I have said, it may not work but what have we got to lose if we give him his head on this?

When he quit the British final and then Team GB he lost any credibility to have his views taken seriously plus he has now cut all ties with Britain and that was clearly not the way about doing things if he loved British speedway.

I love to watch him on a bike but off it then I cringe and feel what he has chucked away.

He has let British speedway down more than British speedway has let him down.

• Like 1

Tai only looks after himself and Not British speedway so why would you want him to have any input, he has lost so much respect by many in British speedway.

​That looks a fair enough assessment of the situation in regard to Tai Woffinden and the way he conducts himself robert72.

When he quit the British final and then Team GB he lost any credibility to have his views taken seriously plus he has now cut all ties with Britain and that was clearly not the way about doing things if he loved British speedway.

I love to watch him on a bike but off it then I cringe and feel what he has chucked away.

:approve::approve::approve:

But we finished SECOND!!!

Who was it who scored the majority, by a long way, of our Points. Tai Woffinden, thats who. Without him and his ideas - see where we get this year. I will predict - NOWHERE!!!

Obviously - you don't like Tai. You are one of those who is happy to see Great Britain slide down the pecking order in World Speedway. Some of Tai's ideas make sense to me - and if he can put us back on the map in a Speedway sense - then good luck to him.

He deserves a chance to try.

As for, as you put it, "acts like baby and takes his ball back" - has it ever occurred to you that he may have had no choice in his actions if they wouldn't listen to him if that was the case.

But read my Post - he could just be right - you certainly can't say he is wrong.

Explain to me how not riding in league ( Toys out of the pram )not riding in the British final (hissy fit ) and not riding for team gb is helping uk speedway ...people can listen to his opinions just like the next person but that does mean he is right and that we have do what he what he wants or else .doing all the above means people lose respect for him

He's got lot growing up to do before people take his views on board ..as taking your ball home all the time only works in the school playground

Tai Woffinden is nothing but a waister, he messes everyone around, should be banned from the UK and all his achievments should be scrapped !!!,,, total thug (with legendary status)

British speedway certainly doesn't need anyone of his 'type' to help it ;)

Explain to me how not riding in league ( Toys out of the pram )not riding in the British final (hissy fit ) and not riding for team gb is helping uk speedway ...people can listen to his opinions just like the next person but that does mean he is right and that we have do what he what he wants or else .doing all the above means people lose respect for him

He's got lot growing up to do before people take his views on board ..as taking your ball home all the time only works in the school playground

And allegedly expected to be paid more for getting the most points. Reported at the time he quit TeamGB.

Edited by Tsunami

There's more debate in regard to Tai Woffnden on here:

Tai Interview

[/size]

I take it that he don't like kebabs,,, that's a shame, I get one on the way home on a Sunday night after speedway, its what I look forward to :(

• Like 1

Haven't Team GB just had a fitness camp?

Yeah, Rosco had it in a kebab shop in Swindon.

And allegedly expected to be paid more for getting the most points. Reported at the time he quit TeamGB.

So what. Best player in any sport gets paid the most salary.

Tai Woffinden is nothing but a waister, he messes everyone around, should be banned from the UK and all his achievments should be scrapped !!!,,, total thug (with legendary status)

British speedway certainly doesn't need anyone of his 'type' to help it ;)

We don't need a champion who is willing to put his own cash into Team GB. You are mad.

He quit Team GB for well documented reasons. You just choose not to accept them.

• Like 1

He quit Team GB for well documented reasons. You just choose not to accept them.

Aren't we so lucky our armed forces don't quit protecting us because they Do have many well documented reasons to quit.

Just putting things into perspective.

So what. Best player in any sport gets paid the most salary.

Do they ? not when you represent your nation you don't .. they get paid same as the next person no matter how good you are ...Andy Murray for example in tennis etc gets the same as the rest of davis cup players ...only at club level do sportsman get pay more than the others based on how good they are ..the fact that Tai Woffiden wanted more money than the rest tells it's own story ..he only cares about himself .

• Like 8

Do they ? not when you represent your nation you don't .. they get paid same as the next person no matter how good you are ...Andy Murray for example in tennis etc gets the same as the rest of davis cup players ...only at club level do sportsman get pay more than the others based on how good they are ..the fact that Tai Woffiden wanted more money than the rest tells it's own story ..he only cares about himself .

You are entitled to your view - I am entitled to mine. I do not agree with you.

We will leave it there.

Not true in many sports. The all blacks are all on different packages. International cricketers from most nations are the same I believe.