British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hot Shoe

Swindon's New Stadium

Where is the news or comment on this for the past few months. It just seems to have disappeared.

Where is the news or comment on this for the past few months. It just seems to have disappeared.

In the news and discussion section, in fact I have just posted info about reports posted from Swindon Council Planning dept in the last couple of days.

It may be a good idea to shift all discussion about the stadium to there.

Edited by A ORLOV

So its quite ok for Swindon's Steve0 to post the comment first - but not ok for Starman2006 to 'like' it?!

Difference being your mates motives!

Fair point Skidder & sad for anyone to say it or agree with it.

Sense of humour by-pass

• Like 1

No excuses now left, will GI and Clark Osbourne break the habit of a lifetime and build something?

Still hope for Swindon.

RIP Reading, Milton Keynes, Bristol.

As ever the Robins website is about the last to tell us the news!

Think Swindon will make the play offs, so possibly only two meetings to go at Shabby Stadium.

Does anyone know how many seats are planned for the new venue? Track length?

No excuses now left, will GI and Clark Osbourne break the habit of a lifetime and build something?

Still hope for Swindon.

RIP Reading, Milton Keynes, Bristol.

As ever the Robins website is about the last to tell us the news!

Think Swindon will make the play offs, so possibly only two meetings to go at Shabby Stadium.

Does anyone know how many seats are planned for the new venue? Track length?

This is all I can find.

http://www.speedwayplus.com/SwindonStadium.shtml

• Like 1

Thats great news for Swindon fans,looking forward to seeing the stadium develope.

• Like 1

Really pleased that the planning has finally gone through at last.

Now the supporters can relax a little and await their new stadium

Look forward to visiting the new stadium.

• Like 2

Thats great news for Swindon fans,looking forward to seeing the stadium develope.

Let's hope they do like BV did and get the track shape right first then build the stadium around it....

A smaller NSS would be no bad thing or maybe even a 'Gustrow'..?

Be a shame to focus on the stadium first then fit in a track of 'any shape' into the space left...

Unless things have changed the track will be based on the length and width of Cardiff with the inside line cut in a bit further entering the first and 3rd corner and i assume the inside line will be cut back the same coming out, possibly like mikebv has hinted a little like Gustrow in order to make it more flowing than the temp jobbie at the Principality

• Like 1

It's excellent news for Swindon, the EL and the sport in general. I'm pleased for all the fans.

Isn't this primarily a greyhound stadium so I suspect they will have to do the best they can within the confines of the greyhound track. Hopefully, there will still be the opportunity to design a track that produces good racing, I'm sure there will. Wasn't there talk of modelling it on Cardiff.