British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pitgate52

Plymouth Vs Rye House 19/08/2016 @ 1915

Is it in the rules to change your line up once it has been declared.

Tungate travelled to BV after the Somerset meeting at Edinburgh was called off

Edited by Shads

Ed just isn't into Rye House any more unfortunately. If they know what's good for them they should be looking at replacing their team manager!

Ryan Douglas/Michael Douglas, more like Jack Douglas

What a carry on

Some more good points from Rob, certainly making the most of his late season oppourtunity.

Should put him in the minds of teams for next season.

Junior

Some more good points from Rob, certainly making the most of his late season oppourtunity.

Should put him in the minds of teams for next season.

Junior

I should think he'll be much in demand. As he's now a declared team member his average will probably rise Edited by Shads

He's a Redcar asset isn't he? Expect a transfer saga wherever he goes in that case.

Kennett could have been at Plymouth last night, awful guest choice too. We're lucky Robbo was in inspired form.

Shows the state the Sport is in. When riders like Kennett can't be bothered.

Robbo was guesting for Newcastle at Redcar the night before. He is a lot older than Edward. Travel not an issue for him. Number 1s, should be setting an example. Our number 1 also did not make it St Boniface Arena, costing us an away win imo.

If kennett had showed up ryehouse would have earnt themselves 4pts without doubt.

• Like 4

Something definitely amiss. Rohan Tungate made it to the Belle Vue v Swindon meeting after the Somerset meeting at Edinburgh was called off early. As it happens he needn't have bothered as that was rained off too, but at least he made the effort.

I think an explanation is in order. I'm not buying the travelling time. Kennett lives near Eastbourne I gather. The meeting at Coventry was called off around 11.30, a full 7 hours to get to Plymouth. I presume he bikes were ready loaded for the trip to Brandon

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Whether Kennet could be bothered is one issue what bothers me more is the rule regarding the Contract holding team does not have exclusive use of an asset if the meeting is a rearranged one and clashes with the doubling up team. Not the first time it has happened and i see that on September 1st our three times re arranged match at Sheffield also clashes with Lakeside at Kings Lynn. As far as Edward goes his brilliant form started to take a downturn as soon as he signed for Lakeside and his scores for them were generally as good or even better than for Rye. There is definitely a problem there.

As fot Plymouth well done to come back even despite the ludicrous double points race having a massive effect on the result. Given our choice of guest a meeting that we gave away

What me me laugh over on FB is the love in going on in the Rye House Fans group. Seems the Promotion do no wrong, this despite the stadium remaining a dump and the worst team building effort i can remember at Rye even worse than the dark Ronnie Russell days. I left the group as i was continually knocked for being negative. Still i suppose we got what we deserve looking back at the complaints when we were thumping everyone by 30 points a meeting and lapping up the match bonus points, well the moaners then got what their wish, generally close meetings every week but unfortunately we can't buy a win. Sad days, i love my Speedway but enjoy the Rye House aspect less and less. Ironic considering the success Silver has made at Kent once he concentrated on them 100%.

• Like 3

Still not sure how the Devils won this in the end.Did they win or did Rye throw it away?

The track was holding moisture all night due to the damp night air.Very grippy in places, catching a few riders out.

Even when it started drizzling, they brought out the fire engine to water the track! Luckily, common sense prevailed. The drizzle did its job perfectly.

Where was Kennett? Everyone I spoke to all said the same thing....if Ed had been there this would have been an easy 4pt away win.

Why wasnt Branford in Ht14? He caused mayhem all night. Weaving inside and out, hed make a wild Garrity look quite pedestrian! He apologised to Boxall for his antics in HT8. Going from white line to scraping his shoulder along the fence and back to the white line all in the space of 50 metres or so.He rode into the side of Douglas in Ht11 and fell. Got up quickly and cleared the track. Fair play for that. In Ht13, he gated superbly and it looked like trouble for Plymouth, and it was! He held onto 2nd until both Devils went by off bend 2. But such was their speed that Barker almost put Newman up on the A38 slip road, allowing Branford back into 3rd, just holding it on the run to the line. Everyone fully expecting him to come out again in Ht14, but didnt, luckily for Plymouth.

Barker: Always in the mix, Dealt with Robbo in Ht15 allowing Newman to get clear.

R/R; Stefan would have scored more than 4+1

Boxall ; One ride apart seemed to be riding a lawn mower. No change there then!

Kurtz ; Worst Ive seen him this season, HT14 apart.

Newman ; Appeared to shed a chain in Ht4 after locking up, Warned in Ht7 for moving at start, but got an even bigger flyer in Ht11!

Simota ; MoM and seasons best.About time too.

Perks ; Sacrificial lamb all night.

Douglas: Never at the races

R/R : Heeps wouldnt have scored 7pts.

Lykke : Worked hard.

Lanham : Steady and barely noticeable.

Robbo : Fantastic to see him back at his best. Barker shoved him out wide in Ht15, otherwise would have easily got a deserved paid Max.

Morley : Started quietly, then got into it.

Branford : See above.

Not the best racing Ive seen this season, but that gawd awful tactical ride gave the Devils the win. After Ht9, I dont think there was anyone at the SBA who would have put money on that.

Kennett also failed to turn up at Somerset recently. The reason given was illness.