British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elb Monday 22/08/16 Sky Meeting.

Can't see us topping the table now, i said before the season started Brady will cost us and won't stand up when needed and unfortunately tonight showed i could have a point. I was really pleased with the signing of Buckowski as he is an exciting rider but wasn't too exciting tonight!!

Brady has not cost you over the season a learning season for him Holder/Andersen they have both have been up and down all year.Ellis( done more than anough), Newman,Kurtz have done there jobs the others mixed seasons for all.

Tonight was just a typical swindon meeting for me. Two or three decent races, all the rest from the gate.

it'll be much better when its not there at all. Won't it,,,,,?

Good win for the Robins and I was mightily impressed with Tungate last night. But hasn't Matt Ford put some weight on?!!

• Like 1

Pleased for Rohan showing us his true worth he was mighty quick tonight.Fair play to Rosco for keeping faith when some wanted to make changes.This side for me has no chance in the play/offs but we can give it one mighty go.This Poole side really disappointed me something missing what about a change Dudek?(is Hancock available?).

Ive looked for Shovlars match report , you know the one where he runs through rider by rider how they performed........................oh wait a second Poole lost guess we dont get them in that instance.

Watching it on tv this is what i thought.

Doyle - sublime apart from the race where Hans got a roller and then lifted to let Holder through

Sedgeman - apart from being unlucky in heat 1 looked off the pace but picked up a couple of useful points

Morris - unbeaten in 3 rides and last in the other, great team riding with Josh to keep out Holder

Tungate - man of the match, totally flying and unlike when he rode for us at Ippo, he put his elbows in when needed.

Josh G - sort of went under my radar then realised he was unbeaten going into heat 13, good night

Wright - for me did what was expected, on the wrong end of a 5-1 in heat 2 but got 2 points in a vital heat 12

Nielsen - poor night for Stefan

Holder - love watching him on it after he was when he changed bikes, showed you could pass on the track and was Poole best rider

Ellis - poor. gifted a point in heat 1, then beat Wright and Sedgeman and only other point was beating Nielsen, needs to be at reserve.

Buck - again never really on the pace and dropped it for no reason in heat 14

Kurtz - all over the shop ,his riding style reminds me of Garrity, needs to cut out all the leaning off the bike. 6 points fair return

Hans - bit of an enigma but looked slow until his roller in heat 13.

Pedersen - fine in front but 5 of his 7 points come in the reserve races and passed to easily

Newman - poor apart from heat 2. seems to have gone backwards this season

The fact remains that even in this meeting Pooles reserves outscored their direct opponents which is why Poole will always remain hot favourites for the title. Riders like Buck and Ellis and to a lesser degree Hans were the reasons Poole lost last night

• Like 1

Well that was a good result, even though some are complaining about the racing.

I just hope that all you pessimists who predicted that Swindon would lose, many of whom also predicted we would lose at KL the week before, would be a bit more realistic.

Yes the riders are unpredictable but Poole have not been outstanding recently.

One or two of our riders still need to become more consistent if we want to progress, it is no good winning one race easily then coming last in the next, not only that it is frustrating for the fans.

Well done Jason and Rohan with a brilliant performance.

• Like 3

Guest GiveusaB

One of the worst tracks I've seen this season. Swindon's track used to be one of the best? Are they trying to make it a 'home' advantage track? Pearson said at the start that Jason Doyle had given instructions that he wanted it slicker going in to the corners etc.....what's that all about? What a boring meeting......thank heavens for the 'wolverhampton' switch backs! And as for Pedersen at reserve? I'd be very embarrassed if I was him? Elite league speedway really is a joke these days!

One of the worst tracks I've seen this season. Swindon's track used to be one of the best? Are they trying to make it a 'home' advantage track? Pearson said at the start that Jason Doyle had given instructions that he wanted it slicker going in to the corners etc.....what's that all about? What a boring meeting......thank heavens for the 'wolverhampton' switch backs! And as for Pedersen at reserve? I'd be very embarrassed if I was him? Elite league speedway really is a joke these days!

'Boring' meeting? Yeah ok whatever

• Like 3

I'll go for a Poole win, but not by much.

Oops! Got that wrong...onwards and upwards though.

I thought that a most enjoyable meeting. Well done Robins.

As for Wolverhampton's track, sorry, but to me that ain't SPEEDway.

Yes, its entertaining in an end of the pier novelty value kind of a way but it isn't what I want from speedway.

Its like watching dodgem car's when you'd rather be watching F1.

• Like 4

I thought it would be all four back but the ref is a Swindon fan obviously. well done to Swindon they were better than us on the night.

General sensus quite correctly suggests referee was quite correct so i really think you need to let it go now, blue tints off

• Like 2

I love forward to Steve's rider feedback and scores for this meeting

Good luck with that, he only does it when we win.

Well, at least you've got something in common ~ you're both rubbish at predicting results. :lol:

Edited to add well done Swindon.

Come on, I was closer :party:

• Like 1

I thought that a most enjoyable meeting. Well done Robins.

As for Wolverhampton's track, sorry, but to me that ain't SPEEDway.

Yes, its entertaining in an end of the pier novelty value kind of a way but it isn't what I want from speedway.

Its like watching dodgem car's when you'd rather be watching F1.

I totally agree! It's only enhanced because it's virtually always Wolves riders making the moves a bit like Lakeside where it contains so many errors by away riders coming off the corners or riding the 1st corner too wide or too narrow leading to over the top responses from people , makes me think of Scalextric speedway! Quick slow quick slow off the track etc etc

Yet people still think Poole are favs. Not with this side they arent.

Wolves and BV final at this stage imo.

Would be good for Poole to bring in a good GP star for one of Holder or Andersen.

This team is being let down by the lack of dominance from these pair, they should be cleaning up against teams like Swindon, except for Doyle.

Pedersen could be weak once out of reserve but on his average who would replace him.

Would it be possible to bomb out Holder, Andersen and Pedersen and replace with Dudek, Magic and Bjerre?

Bjerre maybe a bottler but on a 5 something average could find himself as a reserve.

If Poole are serious they need to do something as this team aint good enough, Swindon are essentially a PL Side with a GP star included. Say what you like, its true.

I still wouldn't bet against us over two legs!!! Oh and as for your suggested team changes :rofl:

Your post proves you know very little about speedway in the UK, Swindon is a very well known gate and go track and the Swindon boys were just far better out of the gate. So well done to 'em.

In reply to Pinny

I still wouldnt bet against us over two legs!!! Oh and as for your suggested team changes :rofl:

Your post proves you know very litlte about speedway in the UK, Swindon is a very well known gate and go track and the Swindon boys were just far better out of the gate. So well done to 'em.

(cant remember if ive already posted this sorry)