British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds Premier League Friday 26th August 2016

as we are carrying 3 riders who really should be ashamed of there performances

That's a bit harsh. They turn up to do the best they can. It's not their fault that the task that the management team sets them is unrealistic. Any Panthers supporter should be used to that over the last decade. Any rider sitting at tapes wants to win the race don't they so what's to be ashamed about.

That's a bit harsh. They turn up to do the best they can. It's not their fault that the task that the management team sets them is unrealistic. Any Panthers supporter should be used to that over the last decade. Any rider sitting at tapes wants to win the race don't they so what's to be ashamed about.

I went to Newcastle and witnessed a nightmare performance and no I don't think it's a bit harsh as a team they were rank and there was nothing unrealistic about the task set by management, I didn't expect them to come anywhere near to the Newcastle team and would have expected a loss of 12 to 14 points as they possess a very strong home record but I should have known better I suppose

I know how it feels to travel the length of the country up or down, get home at an unforgiving hour then drag yourself out of bed for work and all to witness a team riding like complete novices, thank god I got that out my system now.

• Like 2

I went to Newcastle and witnessed a nightmare performance and no I don't think it's a bit harsh as a team they were rank and there was nothing unrealistic about the task set by management, I didn't expect them to come anywhere near to the Newcastle team and would have expected a loss of 12 to 14 points as they possess a very strong home record but I should have known better I suppose

You're the sort of person who'd go to Lakeside on a regular basis and be surprised each time.

You're the sort of person who'd go to Lakeside on a regular basis and be surprised each time.

Not sure what your point is but I've been to lakeside many times and nothing surprises about that place and I don't think I would bother going there week in week out at any cost.

Little white sticks for a fence , music far to loud and Dave Jessup jeez nightmares not surprises

Hoping for some team changes priot to this otherwise a Newcastle win on the cards

We are dire no excusing that. I would start afresh next season and even move Ostergaard on and go a different way

We are dire no excusing that. I would start afresh next season and even move Ostergaard on and go a different way

I'd go a different way, back from where we came. But that's a different argument.

Panthers are joint 3rd in the PL and only really being undone by not providing a home track/advantage that would make Rob Lyon consider his future in the sport. The three home losses have done the damage although we'd probably got turned over anyway against the stronger sides.

I'm traditionally the negative one so get a grip people.

Edited by Crump99

Hoping for some team changes priot to this otherwise a Newcastle win on the cards

If there are to be any team changes it will only happen after new averages are officially issued sometime this week and effective from 1 September as by my reckoning team average will drop to 40.80 which would leave us 1.70 under 42.50 limit and would leave us some scope for improvements. so Newcastle and Redcar at home will be same team I would have thought