British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KEITH M

One Year Today

Hard to believe that it's one year today that Darcy Ward suffered his career ending injury... Even though I am a Newcastle fan Darcy was the one rider ( apart from Nicki ) that would have me watching the television as he was probably the most exciting rider I have seen in over 35 years of watching speedway.. Since his injury he has done remarkable and hopefully will keep on improving ...

• Like 7

Totally agree.

It was great to see him on TV at the World Cup recently with the possibility that he is going to try car racing. Long may those positive thoughts continue.

I regarded him as the rider of his generation and really looked forward to him competing with Sayfutdinov for the World title for many years to come. Have to confess I saw those two turning it into a two horse race (especially when Greg is over 50!).

Like Erik in 1989 I think his approach to recovery has been inspirational for many others in a similar situation.

Good luck to Darcy for the future - stay strong!

Edited by Ommer Mon
  • Like 4