British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Rye House 2017

How is that going to work shads. Saturdays seem out of the question for top flight racing, and crowds have never been good for weekday meetings at rye. I just hope it doesn't all end in tears with the track going bust.

How is that going to work shads. Saturdays seem out of the question for top flight racing, and crowds have never been good for weekday meetings at rye. I just hope it doesn't all end in tears with the track going bust.

Saturday isn't a great night for EL racing but it isn't out of the question. I really hope the rumours of EL at Rye aren't true as the EL is terrible. Rubbish race format, even more inconsistency in when meetings are staged, more expensive to watch despite the standard of rider not being that much higher than the PL. The list goes on.

• Like 2

I heard it from a rider two weeks ago that he wouldn't join Rye next season because the plan was for "Rye to replace Leicester in the Elite league". Have to say fear and trepidation seems more than excitement and more excitement although that's before the Lakeside announcement.

I hope you stay PL Shads and we join aswell. Would be great to have the old Rye v Arena battles again.

Would you still go every week to see Rye in the EL or would you pop over to Purfleet now and again to see some PL racing?

Shadders will be a bandito 2017 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

I hope you stay PL Shads and we join aswell. Would be great to have the old Rye v Arena battles again.

Would you still go every week to see Rye in the EL or would you pop over to Purfleet now and again to see some PL racing?

could be NL at lakeside next season.

Shadders will be a bandito 2017 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'd hazard a guess that he may begrudgingly support the Bandits but he'll always be a Rocketman at heart

I'd hazard a guess that he may begrudgingly support the Bandits but he'll always be a Rocketman at heart

Rather than "support", I'd say "do well".... Gives him an easier life when I'm in a good mood :lol:

• Like 3

I'd rather stick needles in my testicles than support another team. Once a Rocket always a Rocket

• Like 3

There are lots of unhappy people it seems with the possible move up into the Elite League. The promotion at Rye are clueless at times and they’ll need to treble if not quadruple their ideas up as well as the crowd if they have a fruit cake moment and go EL!

If it was like the old British League One days when we had many ‘star’ names riding a different kettle of fish!

But look at the current Elite league riders, most bar half a dozen or so includes the likes of

Doyle 9.78

Iversen 9.02

Holder 8.58

Jonsson 8.45

Kasprzak 7.91

Zaga 7.48

Lindgren 7.21

Kasprzzak and Zaga do blow hot and cold. But so many riders double up, you’ve only got to look at the ELRC this year, half of the riders rode in the PL. Another interesting fact is the double up riders, look at their averages

Cook 7.37

King 7.33

Masters 7.18

Lambert 7.08

Kennett 7.08

Tungate 6.37

Grajczonek 6.05

Not much of a difference. I’ve not included

Harris 6.62

Nicholls 6.51

Woffinden 7.03

Morris 6.89

Garrity 6.00

Bridger 5.94

Lawson 5.74

The only answer is to have the Premier League and invite the Elite League teams to join.

Rye House has basically lost my interest this year with their slow presentations as if no one has a care in the world. Will I return? Hopefully Warren Scott will be fully fit in 2017 to guide the Rockets in a professional manner unlike the clown of a promoter their this year. If he’s still there with all his yes men then I’ll probably go and get my weekly fix down the pub on a Saturday night. As for running mid-week, financial suicide!

I think the only thing that could make me mildly interested in an EL Rockets team would be the inclusion of Woffinden and Sundstrom, and that isn't going to happen.

I'd rather stick needles in my testicles than support another team. Once a Rocket always a Rocket

Shads I fecking love ya buddy you stick to your principles

1. Doyle

2. Kennett

3. Woffinden

4. Garrity

5. Sundstrom

6. Roynon

7. Starke

All ex Rye House riders!! Were gonna win the league.... I'm ignoring that its over the limit :-)