British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Edinburgh Monarchs Premier League Sunday 28 August 2016

SR 16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury.

Pity for teams who get a star reserve injured on 28th August... 😡

• Like 1

SR 16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury.

maybe something was sorted last night, before midnight in the bar ;)

• Like 1

Ahhh, I was using next month's averages not this months so Rose's average is 5.12

Typical, the day after the cut off we get an injury, injuries are never good but that is the worst possible timing, I hope Rose has a speedy recovery and rides with us again next year :t:

Hopefully George did get on the phone and arrange something in 3 hours after the meeting last night :P What a miracle that would be, although I don't imagine 3 hours is nearly enough time, I think the rule should allow injured riders to be replaced so there is not 6 men teams in the play offs -_-

Ahhh, I was using next month's averages not this months so Rose's average is 5.12

Typical, the day after the cut off we get an injury, injuries are never good but that is the worst possible timing, I hope Rose has a speedy recovery and rides with us again next year :t:

Hopefully George did get on the phone and arrange something in 3 hours after the meeting last night :P What a miracle that would be, although I don't imagine 3 hours is nearly enough time, I think the rule should allow injured riders to be replaced so there is not 6 men teams in the play offs -_-

Agree, but it is open to abuse (another process open to abuse in GB speedway)

Twisted Knee

Bruised Back

Sprained Wrist

Sore Foot

All difficult to disprove....... And could put a rider out for a month if required??

• Like 1

They were quick.

Sorted by end of mtg

Yes, let's wait for an announcement.

That was shaping up to be a very interesting meeting with some cracking racing as both teams were really going for it but the downside of our sport reared its ugly head again.

Firstly best wishes to Lewis, Dan (and Sam)

I was told that Lewis's chain broke so that would explain his sudden stoppage. It looked nasty but full marks to Max Clegg who laid his bike down in a heartbeat or it could've been much worse

Poor Sam must've wondered what the #### was happening when Dan's runaway bike clobbered him from behind. First report is that he has lost some skin from his arm and a groin injury.

Dan and Lewis will be huge misses to us and NC ...... Get well soon lads

• Like 6

Yes, let's wait for an announcement.

Am I beeing wooshed or has there been an agreement to bring someone else in and it's just waiting for the official announcement?

Lewis had no mechanical issues.

He hit a hole with front wheel, and high sided.

Sam Masters has now pulled out of Wolves double header battered and bruised.

Good luck Dan & Lewis on a speedy recovery .

• Like 1

Am I beeing wooshed or has there been an agreement to bring someone else in and it's just waiting for the official announcement?

a wouldn't exactly say 'wooshed' ;)

In all of this. (Bad crashes Lewis and Dan), but as Dans bike brought down Sam Masters. I would like to say Get well soon Mr Masters (one of my favourite riders) despite him being in that "North of the Border" team.

Get well soon to wor Lewis and the Monarchs Dan

I also pity the travelling support. The Coachload of Edinburgh Fans were summoned by Barry Wallace (a Scottish name there? yes) to return to their coach. Not nice even if the reason was legit. We may meet up later in a playoff so please come back down from Edi and take my favourite place to stand again!! :lol:

• Like 2