British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Coventry Friday 2nd Sep

Talent will always come through. The likes of Loram, Louis, Woffy, Bomber, Scotty, Cookie and Lambert etc did not become Elite Lge heatleaders because of the EDR system, it was because they were good enough. Having protected rides in a very weak league does not make you a better rider imo, and these guys will be getting better in the Premier Lge where they often face tougher rides.

The fact that they are getting more rides because of the EDR will help them, but their progress will be what it is, EDR or not..

yeah i agree, as i said the edr has worked from time to time just not all the time.

And yes its one thing getting easy rides in the elite league but it doesnt bring them on hugely.

Kyle Newman is a case in point. Been at reserve for what 6 years now and in that time cant even hold down a heat leader berth at Premier League level. He has stalled in his progress while Worrall and Garrity have flown past him.

I think the EDR has been massive for Worrall who was a few years back thinking of quitting. By winning a few races the confidence comes back.

But you are right talent and ability will always come through but i do think the EDR does help some riders

• Like 1

If they bring in the six man teams as suggested then the EDR finishes as there will be no reserves !!!!!

I hope the 6th rider is still British edr standard. Would be crazy to let that fail now.

• Like 1

bomber past his sell by date you so far off with that commemt. harris is the most commited elite league rider. doesnt cry off with toothache. gives hundred percent every race . even when guesting . is a excellemt captain at cov.

• Like 4

bomber past his sell by date you so far off with that commemt. harris is the most commited elite league rider. doesnt cry off with toothache. gives hundred percent every race . even when guesting . is a excellemt captain at cov.

Agree 100%. Always first name I would have on my Coventry team sheet

• Like 1

And is often the first to offer to guest for an injured rider if one is needed.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Bomber the best committed British rider we had in many a year don't let anybody down

• Like 3

I hope the 6th rider is still British edr standard. Would be crazy to let that fail now.

This is British Speedway we're talking about here ;)

• Like 1

I thought bomber used a blow up body suit under his kevlars ?

Bombers commitment to British Speedway has been exceptional and wish him a quick return.

Spot on.

Jacobs and Ellis this season have come on in leaps and bounds. Ellis was already some way ahead of Jacobs at the start of the season for some trying to compare the 2.

Even riders like Clegg at Wolves have come on as well.

The system does work form time to time as proven by the success of Garrity and Worrall

But then you also get those who have just stalled like Howarth and Newman

Cant get away from slagging Kyle can you eh. Still dropping the bait. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Starman2006

Wow , Manchester City even get a mention on a speedway forum , im a regular at Belle Vue and a season ticket holder at the Etihad stadium , where i go every week with another 54,000 'invisible' fans, ,,,sorry damosuzuki , but your'e talking *****

When I hear the anti-Harris comments I'd suggest the people concerned pay a little more to Elite League racing and scoring than GPs.

A good place to start would be the entertainment he served-up in two otherwise dull matches at Wolverhampton on Monday.

Now and then you get riders that you pray miss the gate just so you can watch them trace - Chris is most definitely one. What happens in the SGP has no connection at all with EL.

• Like 5