British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Redcar Bears ( P L) - Sunday, September 4th (6.30pm)

Guest Scunny2012

Having been a speedway supporter since 1960 I can honestly say I have never witnessed such awesome racing as the Scunny track provides week after week and iv'e been to alot of tracks but the amount of people I come across who have never ever been to or have never even heard of speedway still surprises me, perhaps they would rather pay ridiculous money to watch 22 overpaid no brain bores kick a bag of wind up and down a grass field, just my old git opinion,rant over.

Whilst disappointed with the result I have to say well done to Lewis Kerr, after the events of last season even Bears fans have to be delighted to see him scoring big points again ( most would have been happy to see him come to watch speedway at one point!).

Good Luck for the future Lewis, hope your improvement continues :t:

• Like 3

What ever happened to those wonderfully loud,refreshingly rude and very enteraining Redcar supporters who travelled to the away meetings,often in fancy dress?

did they not call one of them drac?

I was there: good racing and shame Scunny didn't start the season with this line-up.

I arrived just as Rob Godfrey announced 'some track', didn't catch which one, "had their air fence cut up by vandals and so we are lending them our spare one", anyone any idea which unfortunate club he referred to ?...

Have to agree with a few posts on here.

I've managed to get to Scunthorpe much more this season due to the change of race days, and can honestly say its some of the most exciting speedway I've seen. The team that's now running are all great to watch, and I'm pleased to see them come off the bottom of the table after Sunday.

The meeting is always ran quickly and smoothly, most of the time there is some second half action afterwards, and the racing is the best I've seen anywhere in the UK!

I'm not a Scunthorpe fan (I have Allianz's elsewhere!) but I purely go for the excellent racing that is produced. Keep up the good work Rob, your team and the riders at the EWR, you deserve huge credit for the speedway produced. Hopefully can manage to make Friday's last home meeting too.

If you've not been before, you should make the effort to go, because you really are missing a treat!

As above, various commitments prevent more fequent visits. As an aside, I took my father to watch Scunny Amateurs the week before - his first live meet since watching Hull Angels in 1949 - and he thouroughly enjoyed it and woulda loved the JAPs in 2nd half of the Redcar match. Beat that anyone for re-introducing 'lapsed fans' :lol:.

Thanks for the missing info, such a blooming shame for the Devils....

• Like 1

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm which Bear retired from heat 4 from a programme please?