British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

never understood the clamour for Laguta? Turns it on occasionally but more often than not is fairly average.. Think he would be nearer the bottom of a GP series

My Wild Cards:

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Antonio Lindback

3. Matej Zagar/Niels Kristian Iversen

4. Emil Sajfutdinow

Edited by mixxxser44

never understood the clamour for Laguta? Turns it on occasionally but more often than not is fairly average.. Think he would be nearer the bottom of a GP series

On his day he cant beat anybody if he had a decent team and aquipment a player for a top 8 finish easily.

On his day he cant beat anybody if he had a decent team and aquipment a player for a top 8 finish easily.

Disagree.. Never torn up the SEC and been beaten by riders who there is much less clamour for to be in the GP's Like I said he is capable of good meetings however also capable of shockers and would be lower than 10th IMO

Disagree.. Never torn up the SEC and been beaten by riders who there is much less clamour for to be in the GP's Like I said he is capable of good meetings however also capable of shockers and would be lower than 10th IMO

For me he is in the top 16 riders in the world and if he had the motivation for a GP campaign he would be a really good spoiler.When i look at some of the riders in the series he is well worth a shot and he is one that does not care about reputations.Read that he would love an invite but like Emil i believe he is not happy about some of the financial issues Bjerre/ Laguta who would you prefer.?

Laguta has been consistently one of the top 10 riders in the world in recent seasons imo. But struggle to justify a wildcard for him. Hope Freddie drops out of top 8 and it is 2 from zagar,lindback, puk plus emil and nicki.

If you wanted the strongest line up, laguta arguably would warrant a place ahead of zagar or lindback.

For me he is in the top 16 riders in the world and if he had the motivation for a GP campaign he would be a really good spoiler.When i look at some of the riders in the series he is well worth a shot and he is one that does not care about reputations.Read that he would love an invite but like Emil i believe he is not happy about some of the financial issues Bjerre/ Laguta who would you prefer.?

Laguta over Bjerre however if were talking riders that currently need wildcards then Zagar would be a better choice IMO

Laguta over Bjerre however if were talking riders that currently need wildcards then Zagar would be a better choice IMO

You are right Zagar has the talent to win any GP and i enjoy watching him got a feeling he won't get one hope i am wrong though.

You are right Zagar has the talent to win any GP and i enjoy watching him got a feeling he won't get one hope i am wrong though.

Good night in Melbourne and he won't need one, all in his own hands

TERRIFIC news that Emil Sayfutdinov wants to resume his SGP career. What an addition to the 2017 line-up he will be.

Are you alluding to him having got a wildcard then Philip?

Would be very pleased to him back!

TERRIFIC news that Emil Sayfutdinov wants to resume his SGP career. What an addition to the 2017 line-up he will be.

Wouldn't he just! As a Harris fan I'm a little disappointed I won't get to see him every GP but being replace by Emil will make up for it! Just a damn shame we've missed him for a few years.

Thanks for announcing the 1st wildcard

Thanks for announcing the 1st wildcard

I DON'T pick the wild cards :neutral: But would be VERY surprised if the FIM didn't welcome him back with open arms and doubt that BSI would have any objection either.