British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Speedway fans here in Germany are pretty sure that our number one Martin Smolinski has a very good chance to receive a permanet wild card for the 2017 SGP series

Speedway fans here in Germany are pretty sure that our number one Martin Smolinski has a very good chance to receive a permanet wild card for the 2017 SGP series

I'd like to say that i am one fan in Germany who doesn't share that opinion :rofl::P

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Expecting Janowski, Pedersen, Emil and Zagar. Wouldn't rule out Hampel or Smolinski just yet although both are not entitled to the opportunitity in my opinion.

Are bsi thinking the future ,vaclav milik, Robert lambert or a young pole , excitement Nicki pedersen greg Laguta or commercial any pole and a Brit , lots of brits go to Torun , would that take a hit if there was no other Brit apart from woofy and he isn't the most popular Brit ever

I think we're all agreed that Nicki and Emil are the two obvious. 9th has I believe always been given a wildcard so Matej and Magic could feel hard done by if they don't get a wildcard. But, IMO, if we're going to have a 4th Pole then KK is ahead of Magic.

I like Magic but he's a bit meh at times.

I like Magic but he's a bit meh at times.

Ffs one of the riders who is the epitomy of 'meh' is KK!!!!! Been 'meh' far longer and more often than Janowski,that is for sure

• Like 2

Ffs one of the riders who is the epitomy of 'meh' is KK!!!!! Been 'meh' far longer and more often than Janowski,that is for sure

Oh God KK can be more "meh" than anyone but the other 50% of the time he's wild and amazing!

I'd like to say that i am one fan in Germany who doesn't share that opinion :rofl::P

personally I feel that Martin Smolinski will end up as one of the three riders on the F.I.M.'s official substitutes list for the 2017 SGP.

I would not at all be surprised if one of the four wildcards is given to a second British rider. One out of Danny King / Craig Cook / Robert Lambert to replace Chris Harris would be refreshing for the GP series, just like when Woffinden came into the SGP a few years ago. The SGP series needs a few new faces each year.

DON'T think Smolinski has a hope in hell ... same for the three Brits you mention.

Smolinski is good for a wild card in Teterow, assuming there is another SGP there, but nothing else. King, Cook and Lambert would fare no better than Harris.

And don't run away with the idea that BSI are the sole arbiters ...the FIM and especially Armando Castagna have a strong voice and probably the deciding one if push comes to shove.

DON'T think Smolinski has a hope in hell ... same for the three Brits you mention.

Smolinski is good for a wild card in Teterow, assuming there is another SGP there, but nothing else. King, Cook and Lambert would fare no better than Harris.

And don't run away with the idea that BSI are the sole arbiters ...the FIM and especially Armando Castagna have a strong voice and probably the deciding one if push comes to shove.

Dont forget the monster brigade, im sure they have a word or two as well, thats why i wouldnt be so sure about Nicki.

Are bsi thinking the future ,vaclav milik, Robert lambert or a young pole , excitement Nicki pedersen greg Laguta or commercial any pole and a Brit , lots of brits go to Torun , would that take a hit if there was no other Brit apart from woofy and he isn't the most popular Brit ever

Sadly we have no other rider near that level, Robert was last in the GP challenge and I think it's too early in his development.

Sadly we have no other rider near that level, Robert was last in the GP challenge and I think it's too early in his development.

i agree but Britain is the second biggest money on the GP circus with Cardiff and to a point Torun, apart from Poland I would say Britain has the highest number of traveling fans to other GPs Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

You are kidding me...:D :D :D

• Like 2

i agree but Britain is the second biggest money on the GP circus with Cardiff and to a point Torun, apart from Poland I would say Britain has the highest number of traveling fans to other GPs

We should have an English GP at BV. Besides the British one at Cardiff, other countries have more than one.

• Like 1

We should have an English GP at BV. Besides the British one at Cardiff, other countries have more than one.

personally if there was to be another British GP I would rather up was up in some stadium around Edinburgh / Glasgow but I just think another on would detract from Cardiff so happy with one