British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Kings Lynn Elb. 7/09/16

You are quite right but it is an opinion but it is a negative opinion in my view.

In my opinion Jason Garrity hasn't improved this season after being in the British Final last year and still looks a little wild on the bike, but I am not going to say he has peaked or gone backwards and still is a talent.

Jason Doyle is probably a prime example of having a few seasons for a while at reserve where he had to figure a lot out and now he is probably the best rider in the world at the moment.

Tony Rickardsson also took time to bloom as did Hans Nielsen. Speedway is just one of those sports that is easy to learn but takes years to master and you don't know who will do great and who will be good.

I expected Lewis Bridger and David Howe to finish a better rider than Tai Woffinden and there is still time for Bridger to do this and you can go further back to Mark Loram and John Louis who were a class act after lots of dedication to get it right.

All the British riders still have time and hopefully injuries will stay away.

Rickardson took time to bloom? debut british league 1990 world champ 1994 , hardly took time

nielsen also was an instant sensation in the BL it was on the individaul front he didnt perform as well until mid 80's

lewis bridger theres time for him to be better than tai? in whose lifetime, the guy is no where near committed as tai

You are quite right but it is an opinion but it is a negative opinion in my view.

In my opinion Jason Garrity hasn't improved this season after being in the British Final last year and still looks a little wild on the bike, but I am not going to say he has peaked or gone backwards and still is a talent.

Jason Doyle is probably a prime example of having a few seasons for a while at reserve where he had to figure a lot out and now he is probably the best rider in the world at the moment.

Tony Rickardsson also took time to bloom as did Hans Nielsen. Speedway is just one of those sports that is easy to learn but takes years to master and you don't know who will do great and who will be good.

I expected Lewis Bridger and David Howe to finish a better rider than Tai Woffinden and there is still time for Bridger to do this and you can go further back to Mark Loram and John Louis who were a class act after lots of dedication to get it right.

All the British riders still have time and hopefully injuries will stay away.

Jason Garrity has improved this season. Holding a second string position with ease at Coventry and technically a number 1 at Sheffield if it wasnt for rolling averages. He had 5 points form 2 rides in the British Final and then got involved in a barging match and great race in his third before falling an injured in his 4th.

Tony Rickardsson took no time at all to bloom. He first rode at Ipswich in the 1991 Billy Sanders memorial at the start of the season and finished runner up against a top field. Later that season he was world number 2, hardly took time to bloom!. Nielsen was dominant in the UK from the early 80's and by mid 80's on the world stage.

As look as my bum points south Lewis Bridger will never be as good as Tai Woffinden.

Mark Loram was very dedicated and only his gating held him back. His private life went off the rails a bit in the mid nineties and it affected his speedway.

John Louis if he started earlier could have been world champ

Rickardson took time to bloom? debut british league 1990 world champ 1994 , hardly took time

nielsen also was an instant sensation in the BL it was on the individaul front he didnt perform as well until mid 80's

lewis bridger theres time for him to be better than tai? in whose lifetime, the guy is no where near committed as tai

1991 Ipswich were national league in 1990, World runner up in same season so i agree 100%

Lambert was brilliant at the NSS recently perhaps it is the Poole track he doesn't like.As for the match I can honestly say I've seen better national league racing at Belle Vue than that last night.

But haven't you heard? It was a wonderful match with lots of fantastic racing. It always is when you win by a very big margin!! :shock:

Edited by Starboy118

Jason Garrity has improved this season. Holding a second string position with ease at Coventry and technically a number 1 at Sheffield if it wasnt for rolling averages. He had 5 points form 2 rides in the British Final and then got involved in a barging match and great race in his third before falling an injured in his 4th.

Tony Rickardsson took no time at all to bloom. He first rode at Ipswich in the 1991 Billy Sanders memorial at the start of the season and finished runner up against a top field. Later that season he was world number 2, hardly took time to bloom!. Nielsen was dominant in the UK from the early 80's and by mid 80's on the world stage.

As look as my bum points south Lewis Bridger will never be as good as Tai Woffinden.

Mark Loram was very dedicated and only his gating held him back. His private life went off the rails a bit in the mid nineties and it affected his speedway.

John Louis if he started earlier could have been world champ

1991 Ipswich were national league in 1990, World runner up in same season so i agree 100%

Agree with most of that. obviously Rickardsson was amazing and the best rider i have seen, didn't see much of Neilsen in his dominating period.

Bridger has wasted his undoubted talent but i always thought he was a better rider in his own mind.

Mark loram was my favourite rider and we wouldn't have been so entertained if he could gate, it may have hindered him in the grand prix but a truly incredibly brave rider.

!

Agree with most of that. obviously Rickardsson was amazing and the best rider i have seen, didn't see much of Neilsen in his dominating period.

Bridger has wasted his undoubted talent but i always thought he was a better rider in his own mind.

Mark loram was my favourite rider and we wouldn't have been so entertained if he could gate, it may have hindered him in the grand prix but a truly incredibly brave rider.

!

Funny thing was that in 1987 (British League) and 1988 (national league) for Hackney ,Mark was pretty much the fastest trapper in the team. No idea why he didnt really continue this from 1989 at Ipswich onwards, but as you say it was great for the viewing public

• Like 1