British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

I would urge all Panthers fans to attend the forum, & give Ged a rousing reception for giving us speedway for the next 2 years.

• Like 3

Ged stated in the recent press release that Panthers would race in the Premier league in 2017 quick change of mind ? Cannot see it happening unless theres a big sky carrott being dangled

Prefer the Premier League if race formats stay the same.

Why?

I want to be in whatever league Poole aren't in.

CRUMP 99, think the format in the Elite League makes the reserves too important. Think the draft riders should have stayed at reserve all season. I realize that the reserves also have a bearing on Premier League teams.

My preference is for a return to Elite League , I find it difficult to understand those that prefer Premier League but acknowledge they have a right to their view mainly I suspect because most Panthers fans started out in Premier League or whatever it was called at the time.. However much as I would like it I cannot see it happening.

My preference is for a return to Elite League , I find it difficult to understand those that prefer Premier League but acknowledge they have a right to their view mainly I suspect because most Panthers fans started out in Premier League or whatever it was called at the time.. However much as I would like it I cannot see it happening.

Why do you have that preference and view?

genuine question - no underlying motive

Why do you have that preference and view?

genuine question - no underlying motive

My view is that it Is still the top league despite it not being what it once was. Would a Man U or Chelsea fan want to be in the Championship because they perceive the football is better?

Edited by wealdstone

Speedway is slightly different cos you can choose which league you go in, unlike other sports where you have to earn a space in the top league. It makes no difference in speedway what league you are in, the rewards are the same, zero

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Why all the talk of moving to elite. Have I missed something?

Ask those who first made the suggestion.

• Like 1

Why all the talk of moving to elite. Have I missed something?

You've missed nothing its just Flappy and Flying Panther as far as i'm aware jumping the gun trying to run before they can walk, Ged made a statement saying we are up and running next year and has called a fans forum for next Tuesday and straight away Flappy and Flying Panther speculating the possibility of elite league racing.

Edited by New era Panthers

Speedway is slightly different cos you can choose which league you go in, unlike other sports where you have to earn a space in the top league. It makes no difference in speedway what league you are in, the rewards are the same, zero

Might as well all go NL then, cheaper all round. Probably on the AGM agenda anyway as speedway's well on the way to that model.