British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

You've missed nothing its just Flappy and Flying Panther as far as i'm aware jumping the gun trying to run before they can walk, Ged made a statement saying we are up and running next year and has called a fans forum for next Tuesday and straight away Flappy and Flying Panther speculating the possibility of elite league racing.

Think the rumours all started because of Flyin Panthers post about possibly moving the thread to the EL section, which it seems may of been just in jest as a responce to another post .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

Ged stated in the recent press release that Panthers would race in the Premier league in 2017 quick change of mind ? Cannot see it happening unless theres a big sky carrott being dangled

That was a clear enough statement and if you were moving up then you'd announce that before any forum. There's no logic to moving at this time so something fairly dramatic would had to have happened quickly behind the scenes for that to happen.

Frost said in Oct 2013 that financial losses were not a concern and before the ink had dried it was reported that financial losses were to close the club - funny old world innit!

Would be nice to be involved again in nights like last night with the EL grand final as we had in 1999 & 2006 , cant see it happening anytime soon .

Cannot believe its now been 17yrs since Thunder Crump last graced the Panthers kevlars .

Dont know which I miss the most .

Edited by scoobydoo

Been even longer since Rickardsson, Gollob and Louis (all in their pomp) graced Foxhall together in 98! Miss those days too.

TBH, I miss the days of Sigalos, Cook and Sanders even more. Great times.

• Like 3

Hansen's coming home!

So is Lassie according to rumours.

Would be nice to be involved again in nights like last night with the EL grand final as we had in 1999 & 2006 , cant see it happening anytime soon .

Cannot believe its now been 17yrs since Thunder Crump last graced the Panthers kevlars .

Dont know which I miss the most .

Wasn't there a some Crump 2000 merchandise in the track shop? I bought a calendar I think it was. Another example of believe nothing at this time of year.

If it was 2000 then it was either unsold from 1999 for the year 2000 or you bought a calender of his in those hideous silver kevlar Lynn days .

If it was 2000 then it was either unsold from 1999 for the year 2000 or you bought a calender of his in those hideous silver kevlar Lynn days .

What you mean those lovely Knights and their 6 lances, nothing honourable along the A47,

They were a motocross style shirt and trousers.

Hansen's coming home!

I see he was at the panthers reunion along with Bjerre

• Like 1

I see he was at the panthers reunion along with Bjerre

Kenneth will probably be in the GP's as Lindgren is a firm favourite to finish in the Top 8.

They were a motocross style shirt and trousers.

Still hideous , but even worse still I recall were the multi coloured t-shirt type over garments that Sheffield wore in the nineties I think, they flapped around all over the place

Edited by scoobydoo

1. Ulrich Ostergaard 7.23

2. Kenneth Hansen 6.25

3. Rory Schlein 7.17

4. Lasse Bjerre 6.65

5. Kyle Newman 6.31

6. Simon Lambert 5.25

7. Tom Perry 3.76

Total 42.62

Slightly over the limit but if the final averages of the season are kind, it might just squeeze under or if not, have Holub/another 3.00 at 7?

Perry is 4.26

J.Holder, Newman and T.Kurtz all go well at the showground and will all be looking for new team. Wouldnt mind either of thos

Edited by Panther2006

as mentioned before . K.K.H. is now on 6.75 approx .. good side. but we could all build a fantasy side like that . :t: