British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

I think with the rest of the team, his home form wouldn't matter, we'd be strong enough, but it'd be nice to get some riders who could ride away tracks, like Sheffield and Peterborough, just to improve our away form

And to answer your question... No

Anyway, I have in my head what I'd like to see, and if it happened, I'd be happy, but I doubt it will

Finally...

He's atrocious around brough. He wouldn't improve the team at all and he's too inconsistent as proved by his last spell with Scunthorpe I think.

We have been down longer than you lot and put some great teams together on paper. We haven't exactly won much. Its seems very hard to do well in this league unless you get a bit of luck and keep on top of changes if needed. Looking at your starting team it looked good to win home matches and maybe get the odd point on the road. That would have been okay if you hadn't started losing at home.

We had a team on our books in 2012. Everyone on the official forum when it was alive picked an EL winning team. The management team somehow contrived to give that team to Swindon, and the rest is history, not ours!! It was obvious that we didn't have any consistency in the 2017 side and everyone had to do a job every time. It only takes a minor problem to throw a supposed strength in depth team into a wobble; and guests, injuries etc etc are certainly problems these days. Panthers seem to have run over their own black cat in recent seasons and speedway generally is a mess.

Edited by Crump99

He's atrocious around brough. He wouldn't improve the team at all and he's too inconsistent as proved by his last spell with Scunthorpe I think.

I think he'd do a half decent job at number 2, I wouldn't really want him anywhere else of course

Panthers needed a strong number 1 & number 5 and build around them.

• Like 2

Like Brady Kurtz or Reni Bach and Jake Allen to replace Ulrich Ostergaard and Kenneth Hansen.

Holder and Cookie would have been perfect...

Like Brady Kurtz or Reni Bach and Jake Allen to replace Ulrich Ostergaard and Kenneth Hansen.

Kurtz and Allen would he ideal.

Holder and Cookie would have been perfect...

I'd have kept Cook too if possible.

Kurtz and Allen would he ideal.

I'd have kept Cook too if possible.

But we know it's not going to happen as I would expect the wrong riders will be sacrificed just as it happened before. We are never going to win anything while sentiments stand in the way.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

But we know it's not going to happen as I would expect the wrong riders will be sacrificed just as it happened before. We are never going to win anything while sentiments stand in the way.

Spot on

Let's be honest a side of

Kurtz

BWD

Starke

Allen

Holder

Lambert

Bacon

Would be great, but chance of it happening....... slim to none. I can see Allen wanting a place in the premiership but not Brady.

i'll agree about kurtz , but come on rene bach :rolleyes: next you'll be saying missing vissing :rofl: , i'd drop both as well

1.kurtz 7.65

2.B.W.D 5.02

3.Batcherlor 7.36

4.starke 7.38

5.holder 7.16

6.lambert 3.0

7.bacon 2.18

won't happen but we can dream

• Like 1

i'll agree about kurtz , but come on rene bach :rolleyes: next you'll be saying missing vissing :rofl: , i'd drop both as well

1.kurtz 7.65

2.B.W.D 5.02

3.Batcherlor 7.36

4.starke 7.38

5.holder 7.16

6.lambert 3.0

7.bacon 2.18

won't happen but we can dream

Next Monday's team will be interesting with Poole and Swindon having fixtures .

i take it you could be missing a couple of riders on the 29th . is that correct ?

i'll be giving that a miss with no holder or b.w.d , bar starke the rest aint worth the admission money unless Hansen decides to get off the white line

• Like 1

Is that why we start at 7 now? Lambert would be a very lucky boy if he is allowed to drop his average to 3 from 5.25.

Edited by Flappy