British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Easy, as Hansfan said, a decent reserve can have 7 rides and cover a misperforming member of the team, plus with the riders we have in top 4, they are likely to add a point to there averages, so will cover not having an out and out number 1.

I honestly think if the line up ive read is true, its the best balanced line up we have had for yonks, and credit to Ged and co again!

Not going on Ostergaard's form last season, and I can't see Lambert becoming a 6 plus pointer either.

Let's not forget Hansen's away form over the last few years.

Edited by Flappy

You'll have one of them three

brady yes Todd no chance I watched him all last season shocking don't bother miserable bugger as well.

You'll have one of them three

brady yes Todd no chance I watched him all last season shocking don't bother miserable bugger as well.

Didn't mean to post that twice sorry.

Not going on Ostergaard's form last season, and I can't see Lambert becoming a 6 plus pointer either.

Let's not forget Hansen's away form over the last few years.

Christ..... alright Negative!

Hansen will be a 7.50, Lambert a 6.00, Bacon a 3.00, Ully will be a 8.00, and the other 3 signings will add 5 points to there average, relax, we will be fine......

We will have that rider on a false starting average, so panic not!

Sorry I'm confused - which one? No. 1 or No. 6?

• Like 1

Didn't mean to post that twice sorry.

are they signing then i haven't heard that !!!

Not going on Ostergaard's form last season, and I can't see Lambert becoming a 6 plus pointer either

What you will have is 4 riders that can all score like a number 1, at home

I really don't get the need for any team to waste 5 points on a reserve in this watered down league

So perhaps you should get in touch with Ged and tell him your concerns as nobody else seems to be in disagreement and seem to be quite happy with the way team building is progressing.

Hold err I mean hang on a minute - who do you mean? ☺
  • Like 1

So perhaps you should get in touch with Ged and tell him your concerns as nobody else seems to be in disagreement and seem to be quite happy with the way team building is progressing.

Not that it matters what any fan would do, but I know of many who wouldn't touch Ostergaard with a barge pole. Let's hope it comes off

Not going on Ostergaard's form last season, and I can't see Lambert becoming a 6 plus pointer either..

Why, Lambert has raised his game in both the last two seasons and has deservedly won the supporters rider of the year for both years

Actually looking at likely teams, I can see us being the only team with a 5 pointer at number 6.

I'd personally prefer a reliable number 1, who'd win the majority of the tight heats. It's the problem we had with the team at the start of last season where it's was a balanced team but it didn't have the cutting edge to beat teams in tight meetings.

Where's the team at the end of the season which had four good heat leaders and two out and out no 1,s struggled to win at match home or away against solid teams with strength right down to the reserve spots.

• Like 3

The answer to this is obvious..

Not that it matters what any fan would do, but I know of many who wouldn't touch Ostergaard with a barge pole. Let's hope it comes off

Personally i'm not an U. Ostergaard fan but you have to respect it is not us that are doing the team building , Ged got involved with Panthers initially when Ostergaard signed and you could suppose had that not have happened then Ged would not have been involved with Panthers in the first place and the showground would have been lost forever under Mick Horton's last term . So give the man some credit for what he has done for the club's survival . Without him there wouldn't be Panthers and if he wants his say on Ostergaard's future that's fine by me.

• Like 1

Holder? Is it a false average? He ended the 2015 season on 7.10 and was meant to end this year as an out and out number 1 having now seen all the tracks, and he's finished on 7.16..