British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Batchelor, Holder & Etheridge?

you must be getting tired panthers89 so let me....

1 out of 3

• Like 2

Please do not mention Bachelor unless Any Ipswich fans fancy him.

Edited by Lukas

you might find a lot of speedway riders aren't married, gotta be more specific there mate. ;)

A top number 1 and someone like Etheridge at reserve who took to the showground well scoring paid double figures for Redcar would fit

You are basing him on one performance at the showground where he came up against the worst reserve pairing in the league and you think that's good enough to warrant him a place in Panthers team. I think you must be on planet janet .

• Like 1

1. Chris Harris 9.21

2. Simon Lambert 5.25

3. Matej Kus 7.64 (or Holder)

4. Kenneth Hansen 6.74

5. Ulrich Ostergaard 7.14

6. Tom Bacon 2.00

Another 2.00 at No.7

I was hankering after the idea of Bomber at No.1 - but I was just reading on his website that he's committed himself to longtrack next season. And that sounds like it'd mean being unavailable for several Sundays (and/or weekends). Somebody will correct me if I've misunderstood it, otherwise I can't see Ged going down that route.

Cook and Bjerre only rode the one match together and Kennett has been hit n miss at the showground in the past, having a big hitting number 1 that can consistently win hts 1, 13 & 15 home or away can win you the tight matches

Yep, going purely by my (not so trusty) memory, Kennett has been very hit 'n miss at our track in the past.

So if (IF) Ged is planning to have a 'big hitter' No.1, then I'm not so sure that Kennett would be in the same league as, say, Cook/Harris/K.Bjerre. Then again, he's capable of banging in decent scores at most away tracks.

J.Holder might be a better bet. It'd give us more points for a reserve who could reasonably be expected to clean up against the calibre of reserves he'll be facing next season.

And as somebody already pointed out, that reserve could take 7 rides, whereas a Kennett/Cook at No.1 could only take a max of 5 rides. The argument there is that it's better to have a 'big hitter' at reserve.

Edited by PE7Panther

Him??

I thought you were talking about Super Noodles 😛

Try another edit for spelling then the joke might work..... 😆

So Kus has not been named in Newcastles team...

youre so sharp - be careful you dont cut yourself 😉
  • Like 2

With Panthers stated preference to race mainly on Sundays, why would Holder Kurtz or Klindt be serious options when they all have contracts in Poland??!

With Panthers stated preference to race mainly on Sundays, why would Holder Kurtz or Klindt be serious options when they all have contracts in Poland??!

Depends in whether they will get much track time in poland. Hansen has also signed in Poland.

I know Holder has signed for Torun

Horace?

(One for the oldies!)

On 208 the memory man from the Bristol area with a football pools winning plan, happy days , good old radio Luxenberg.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 2

Where does he live?

********** spelt K E Y N S H A M of course!!