British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Troy Batchelor on 7.08 bargain like him or not

No thank you... :nono:

• Like 3

its good to have a strong No1 but a strong reserve in a solid team is more important can have up to 7 rides and replace out of form or excluded rider plus get us heat wins in rserve races and not loose 5-1s so avoid playing catch up

• Like 2

That reserve needs to be cleaning up to make that viable.

Take the pressure off of holder and watch him fly.

Another option could be Tungate.

remember end of last season best No1 in league terrible reserves 3rd and 4th every time always on back foot what we gained with strong riders we then lost with weak reserves

• Like 2

Did you lot see greaves last season, he made konokpra look like a GP superstar!

• Like 1

Had a season under his belt now. Out of the reserves that have been announced Greaves would beat - Chessell, Mountain, Phillips, Coles, Perks & Shuttleworth imo Could beat Hall as well.

nice enough lad but no points in him I feel.

I honestly feel Boro need to go down the route of a strong reserve - if someone in the top 5 gets injured during a meeting or is having a seriously bad night, you NEED someone that can slot in and score, especially at home

• Like 1

Had a season under his belt now. Out of the reserves that have been announced Greaves would beat - Chessell, Mountain, Phillips, Coles, Perks & Shuttleworth imo Could beat Hall as well.

No chance in beating them, maybe perks. He's reached his level in the sport IMO.

We're going with a 6.50 man and a 5.00 man, simple. If we were going to sign a big hitter we would of done so by now

• Like 2

Not worried about being 0.6 under 40.00 . It's more about who can we get the best out of at the end of the day . I would be happy with either Starke or Allen but think the most improvement and average increase is most likely to come from Allen.

Fair enough. You're probably right that 0.6 or 0.7 wouldn't make all that much difference - and, as we all know only too well, the averages are no guarantee anyway.

I personally don't know who's a better bet: Starke or Allen - but my gut feeling is it'll be Starke (+ BWD).

I guess we'll soon find out - maybe as soon as Somerset have announced their line up.

What you guys have to think about is this.

Can you honestly see Panthers getting heat advantages in crucial heats such as Heat 13s and 15's against fellow play-off chasing teams?

And imo that is where the Panthers are going to come unstuck imo. Ostergaard isn't reliable enough.

If you sign a No.1 then Ostergaard rides at 3 avoiding Heat 13's and more than likely 15s whilst Hansen rides at No.4 and not in a HL position.

Hmmm...that is the big worry, I must admit....

Edited by PE7Panther

What an Xmas present it would be if it was Bomber at No1..would put a few people on the gate too.

• Like 1

What an Xmas present it would be if it was Bomber at No1..would put a few people on the gate too.

I think this year is when you realise Santa doesnt exist....

✖🎅✖

• Like 2

Fair enough. You're probably right that 0.6 or 0.7 wouldn't make all that much difference - and, as we all know only too well, the averages are no guarantee anyway.

I personally don't know who's a better bet: Starke or Allen - but my gut feeling is it'll be Starke (+ BWD).

I guess we'll soon find out - maybe as soon as Somerset have announced their line up.

Yes I think your correct everything bearing on the outcome of Somerset's line up .

Chris Harris put on twitter 2 days ago he hopes he can get a ride in the Championship.

isnt there only Edinburgh and Peterborough that could fit him in now?

Perhaps theres going to be a late twist..

Lukas may be right and Santa is on his way early.....