British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

It will be more difficult than ever for teams to complete fixtures on time. Too many fixtures in both leagues when so many riders are doubling up and down coupled with individual competitions and continental leagues. Something has to give, either fewer fixtures or fewer doubling up riders.

You have never been involved in planning speedway fixtures have you.

No I have not, but I do pay to watch a Panthers representative team, not a patched up team of misfits it's bad enough when you have to replace riders through injuries but this bank holiday situation could and should have been avoided and to think it's o/k and just go ahead with it doesn't sound like a club with any ambitions to me but that's o/k because i'm only Joe Public

Joe Public. The most important part of any speedway team, but the one that is thought about the least🤔🤔

• Like 4

Are you enjoying it with a smile on ya chops?

That's wind pal

No I have not, but I do pay to watch a Panthers representative team, not a patched up team of misfits it's bad enough when you have to replace riders through injuries but this bank holiday situation could and should have been avoided and to think it's o/k and just go ahead with it doesn't sound like a club with any ambitions to me but that's o/k because i'm only Joe Public

Perhaps you can introduce yourself to me or Ged at the next meeting and we can attempt to explain the situation which you think could and should have been avoided.

Perhaps you can introduce yourself to me or Ged at the next meeting and we can attempt to explain the situation which you think could and should have been avoided.

It worries me we may have even more team problems after the weekend away fixtures in Scotland - there are no fixtures at all listed on the BSPA website for Tuesday the 30th - could that date not have been used for this fixture?

Maybe you or Ged can talk to the BSPA on how that situation could be avoided.They don't listen to fans.

It worries me we may have even more team problems after the weekend away fixtures in Scotland - there are no fixtures at all listed on the BSPA website for Tuesday the 30th - could that date not have been used for this fixture?

Attendances have been dreadful on Tuesdays in the past and the management are naturally keen to avoid fixtures that end up costing them a fortune (understandably) which is why we avoid weekdays in general.

Available dates for Sundays, Fridays and Bank Holidays are very limited due to other events at the Showground with an increased fixture list this year not helping at all.

Doubling up clashes, overseas and world championships etc cause immense rescheduling problems as you will appreciate when involving 14 riders associated promoters and team managers.

Maybe you or Ged can talk to the BSPA on how that situation could be avoided.They don't listen to fans.

I have recommended several times that the Premiership and Championship run on different race nights, it would end the doubling up problems overnight.

What evidence do you have that the BSPA listen to anyone.

"Erm Hello Ged . Let me introduce myself .. I'm New era Panthers off the BSF - Dick Butler wanted me to come over and can you please explain to me a situation which you think could and should have been avoided."

Ha ha PMSL...

you just couldn't make it up!! :rofl:

• Like 1

New era Panther your a bit clueless you just can't rearrange fixtures here there and everywhere. There are all the riders to consider not to mention the availability of the showground!!

I think NEP has a good point. We are talking 1 fixture, & I would rather look to reschedule it, & watch our own riders.

Attendances have been dreadful on Tuesdays in the past and the management are naturally keen to avoid fixtures that end up costing them a fortune (understandably) which is why we avoid weekdays in general.

Available dates for Sundays, Fridays and Bank Holidays are very limited due to other events at the Showground with an increased fixture list this year not helping at all.

Doubling up clashes, overseas and world championships etc cause immense rescheduling problems as you will appreciate when involving 14 riders associated promoters and team managers.

I have recommended several times that the Premiership and Championship run on different race nights, it would end the doubling up problems overnight.

What evidence do you have that the BSPA listen to anyone.

None ,that's their trouble.

"Erm Hello Ged . Let me introduce myself .. I'm New era Panthers off the BSF - Dick Butler wanted me to come over and can you please explain to me a situation which you think could and should have been avoided."

Ha ha PMSL...

you just couldn't make it up!! :rofl:

👍..I thought the same..I didn't know Ged's right hand man was on here!

• Like 2

..I thought the same..I didn't know Ged's right hand man was on here!

and I thought that NEP was Geds underpants after backing him previously ;)

• Like 1

and I thought that NEP was Geds underpants after backing him previously ;)

No that's Flyin Panther, well the brown bits anyway.